Thread: Was this deal fair?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Was this deal fair?

A trade was made in my long-time keeper league, and in an attempt to be unbiased, I won't give too much details. The deal was:

JM Liles
    K Lehtonen
    V Stalberg
    V Filpula
    R Johansson

for

B Connelly
    J Markstrom

The team getting Liles et al is in 1st place, looking to repeat as champs. The team getting Connely and Markstrom is looking to rebuild for the future.

Several GMs are protesting the deal. Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Nothing wrong with it. Both GM's have their own reasons for the move. Sure the guy getting the proven guys wins now but 2 or 3 years away who knows? Bad trades happen, and if this one happens to turn bad so be it.

Dobber Sports Pro

League Settings?
    Id say its a fair deal.
    The team trading Liles is selling high,Lehtonen is gunna get hurt,Stalberg is getting points but for how long? started last year like this too,Filppula not a big name will put up 45 points solid though,Johansen is a prospect and a few years away from producing good numbers.

The team getting Connolly is getting a player who if healthy would of gone top 3 and probably pushed Hall and Seguin for Number 1.He will score big numbers when he plays and did I forget too mentoin he will get to play with Stamkos,Markstrom is the best goalie prospect in the WORLD and hes getting a really good player here.

It doesnt matter if the guy is in first or last who got Markstrom and Connolly its still a good deal and will set him up for years.
    The GMs in your league need to get there act together and not protest trades like this....they are probably mad they didnt get this offer.

Dobber Sports Ace

If this is the type of the deal the former champ makes each year, it's no wonder he won.

Markstrom is a big prize, to be sure, but Johansen and Connolly are a wash at this point in their careers, which means the guy gave up a lot of NHL level talent to land one prospect goalie.

That said, there is no reason for the deal to be overturned unless people think the two teams were colluding, and I don't see any surface evidence of that here.

The Great One

Markstrom is the player I value most of that group, to be honest. So I think it is a fairly even deal really. Heck, Connolly might be the guy I value second most.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I believe it is a fair trade in a keeper league! Storry would be different for a one year...
    10 team Keepers league 18 man roster (+1 UFA-FCFS)/protect 13. Auto Count top 6 Fwd, 3 def and 1 keeper. Points only(def goals = 2pts). Keepers in Bold

Fwd: N.Backstrom, D.Sedin, C. Perry, E.Malkin, C.Giroux, J.Eberle, J.Drouin, V.Nichushkin, J.Tavares

Def: E.Karlsson, D.Byfuglien???, J.Shultz, M.Streit

Goalies: T.Rask, C.Crawford