Thread: Hemsky for Toews

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hemsky for Toews

Manager in my league in sig has said he wants assists and RW and is willing to give up C's and goals.

I need some more FW's and my A is curently the best in the league so can give some up.

His other C are Getzlaf, Duchene, Wiess, Ott, Seguin, Tangradi.

Is this a fair offer giving up Hemsky for Toews, i figure pts will be fairly close with Hemsky probably up by 10 or so. Most other stats will be a wash and Toews helps out with FW.
    12 team H2H Keeper, Keep 8 and up to 3 rookies
    3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2Util 2G 6Bn 3IR
    G A PIM PPP SHG GWG FOW W SV% SV GAA SHO

C - Malkin, Backstrom , Koivu, Borgstrom
    LW - LeBanc, Parise, Ferland, Nelson, Aston-Reese, R Thomas. Hirose
    RW - P.Kane, Seguin , M. Granlund, JT Miller, Bratt, Donato
    D - Karlsson, Gostisbehere, Petry, Dunn, Jokiharju
    G - Rinne, Holtby
    Picks (Rd) - 1st - 13th

Dobber Sports Veteran

This is just silly of course you take Toews for BAB Hemskey hell we dont even know what kind of production he will have as we are never sure that he will finish the year, the month hell the day. Take it! There will be no point diffence in fact I have a feeling that Toews will out score Hemskey this year even if he stays healthy.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by _JC_ View Post
    Most other stats will be a wash and Toews helps out with FW.
    Most other stats will not be a wash. Toews will trounce Hemsky in +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, SHP, & H. Toews is younger and has (IMO) a lot more room to grow as a player. They both have a bit of a band-aid track record, but I'd still recommend taking Toews over Hemsky, as long as you can absorb the loss at RW. The only thing Hemsky has going for him is the fact that RW is relatively shallow, but because he only really picks up assists without much else in any other category, I'd say Toews is much more valuable in a multi-cat pool.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

The Magnificent One

wow so many posts this already got bumped to the second page.

anyway. yeah i would do this. i usually like the wingers over the centers and everyone says toews is more of a real life player but he did have 4 points the other day and he still gets 70+ points a season.

if you also need FW then he is a great player to get. he wont really add goals as i think he is more of an assist man but i can be mistaken.

eitherway if you need FW then why not.

EDIT: just did a search on his stats for the year. and crazy he has 221 FW. that is the best in the league. crosby who apparently wins almost 58% of his fface offs now is only at 196. so yeah if you need FW toews seems to be the man to get.
    Last edited by newper114; November 9, 2010 at 1:20 PM.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi