Thread: Keith for Kovalchuk

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keith for Kovalchuk

In a deep keeper league a guy offered me kovalchuk for Keith,only goals and assists count,1 extra point for a hat trick but that is the only scoring categories,I drafted keith last year and obviously kept him and I lack that one big superstar forward,I have Chris Stewart and Dubinsky that are doin well upfront,I also have Zajac from the Devils which might be good if I got Kovy,tuff decision as Keith gets alot of pts in the Dman slot,we dress 6 frwds,4 dman and 1 goalie and 1 from any position each week

Dobber Sports Stud

Kovalchuk is a first-round talent. Keith is not. Enough said.

The Magnificent One

if you just put kovy, keith and dubinsky and c.stewart in the same phrase then your team is in trouble. i see you only have g,a and 6forwards and 4dmen. so a dman who can get you 50-60 ppoints has alot of value but kovy can get you 80-90+ points. to me kovy is by far the better player to have.

i would do this in a second.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Ace

Yeah, I would pull the trigger on this one.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

Dobber Sports Rookie

Normally I would do this in a second and I know it looks like a no brainer but Im just not sure how well Kovy will do in Jersey,hes selfish and pouts alot and ive never liked him but I know he hasnt had less then 40 goals in like 8 years,Keith is a stud and will get 50-60 in a d spot,I do need a star forward and just curious if Kovalchuk will produce like he can because in my opinion Keith will lead the league in pts for defense

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

it depends on how many people are in your league, what other dmen are available etc. for example, if you traded keith for kovy, who would you replace keith with? the way i see it is:

kovy + replacement dman for keith

for

keith + forward you would have to drop for kovy

which side would get you more points? is the replacement dman going to be someone who will only net you 30 points? starting 4d in a deep league means that dmen should be extra valuable even if they wont score as much as a forward.

Dobber Sports Veteran

The only part that makes this seem questionable is the HUGE name value of Keith. Still, taking Kovy will help your team more. In a straight up points league, all you have to do is check their stat lines from the past two seasons and Kovalchuk has scored a lot more, enough said.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Rookie

OBV I know Kovy has more points in the last couple years,thats not the point as Praba posted b4 you its about the dman I pick up for Keith and the forward I would use insted of Kovalchuk,im trying to trade one of my bench fwds and a draft pick for Burns or Kronwall,if that happens i will do it as the best free agent dman is basically brad stuart(6pts) and my 5th dman I dont dress is campoli who is doing nothin pts wise

Dobber Sports Rookie

OBV i know kovy has more pts in the last couple years,it has to do more with what Praba said in the previous post about who i would replace keith with and the fwd that i would use insted of kovy,the best free agent dman out there is basically Brad Stuart or montadorand my 5th defenseman is Campoli who isnt doin much,Im trying to trade a fwd I dont use (Sullivan or horcoff)and a draft pick for Burns or Kronwall,I might do the deal anyway its just I think Keith could lead the defense pts category for alot of years to come