Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Taking Q's - Sunday, Nov. 7 - Anniversary Day!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Antro

Hey Dobber, just wondering if you think Antropov will turn things around this season, do you stick with your original projection or should I bail on him?

Also who do you like for this year Horton or Zajac.

Thanks

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchierich View Post
    Hey Dobber, just wondering if you think Antropov will turn things around this season, do you stick with your original projection or should I bail on him?

Also who do you like for this year Horton or Zajac.

Thanks
    I think he'll turn it around, and he's already started to. His hip has been bothering him, which I didn't know when I made my projection, so expect him to fall short.

Horton by a country mile.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

When will the Canucks trade Schneider and set up a reasonable proposal to another team... Basically what is he worth. Will he be a valuable starter on that team?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Over the past 2.5 years, I've owned at various times Nabokov, Price, S. Mason, Varlamov, Luongo and Rinne, but I have consistently been unable to have more than 1 goalie playing well at any given time. Super frustrating, since we dress 2 goalies per week.

This summer I gave up a lot to get Rinne, to go along with Louie, Mason and Varly. I thought I'd finally done it - this would be the year when I would finally have consistent goaltending week in, week out. So far - no good.

Do you see this turning around? With these 4, am I likely to have strong goaltending when the head-to-head games start to matter in March/April? And which of the 4 is least likely to help me as the season goes on? Thanks!

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Ace

Short and sweet: Jussi Jokinen

Finishes last year on a huge tear with Staal, and is now playing 4th line with some PP time. I came into this year banking on 60, hoping for 70+.

Too soon to cut ties? Hold onto him and hope he rebounds in the second half? Or is it time to see what's out there?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hey Dobber, haven't asked you a question before but i have an important one for you. i'm in a salary capped keeper league, we keep our players for the extent of their contracts and have the option to keep or drop them when they resign as rfa's. it is 40 player teams with 20 on the main roster and 20 on the reserve.

what draft pick would you suggest throwing in on a trade of JVR for parise, where i would be getting parise? i offered JVR straight up for him and he replied that he would like me to throw in a draft pick as well.

what kind of a contract do you see parise resigning? will he go with a home town discount or will he shoot for the sky? i have thornton on my team this year and his current deal runs out so i will have 7.2 million at least in cap space next year. is it worth it to give JVR and a draft pick for an injured parise? i'm thinking on a more long term basis, does JVR have an upside anywhere near parise? anywho your input on this deal would be great thanks.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by austeane View Post
    When will the Canucks trade Schneider and set up a reasonable proposal to another team... Basically what is he worth. Will he be a valuable starter on that team?
    I would be surprised if he's moved this year. But next year - the final year of his contract, he is as good as gone. Unless, of course, the Canucks decide to move Luongo. A lot can happen between now and then so don't laugh.

On another team he is a star. See Halak, Jaroslav

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by angelofharlem View Post
    Over the past 2.5 years, I've owned at various times Nabokov, Price, S. Mason, Varlamov, Luongo and Rinne, but I have consistently been unable to have more than 1 goalie playing well at any given time. Super frustrating, since we dress 2 goalies per week.

This summer I gave up a lot to get Rinne, to go along with Louie, Mason and Varly. I thought I'd finally done it - this would be the year when I would finally have consistent goaltending week in, week out. So far - no good.

Do you see this turning around? With these 4, am I likely to have strong goaltending when the head-to-head games start to matter in March/April? And which of the 4 is least likely to help me as the season goes on? Thanks!
    Varlamov looks the least likely. Band-Aid Boy. I would think that with the other three, you can get two who give you wins consistently. Rinne and Luongo. Can Varlamov get you Lindback? That would be the route to go. That way, come playoff time for you, the Preds will go with Rinne 90% likely every game. Or, they go with Lindback every game 10% likely. But you covered yourself off. If you worry about Luongo, then perhaps pull the same trick and get Schnieder (Mason would/should get you more than that though). Down the stretch, teams go with one goalie, so if you have both VAN and NSH goalies, you're guaranteed to have the guy who starts every game.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Katharsis View Post
    Short and sweet: Jussi Jokinen

Finishes last year on a huge tear with Staal, and is now playing 4th line with some PP time. I came into this year banking on 60, hoping for 70+.

Too soon to cut ties? Hold onto him and hope he rebounds in the second half? Or is it time to see what's out there?
    I was banking on this as well, and four games in I acquired him at significant cost. I would hold and wait. I'm still hoping.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Deets View Post
    Hey Dobber, haven't asked you a question before but i have an important one for you. i'm in a salary capped keeper league, we keep our players for the extent of their contracts and have the option to keep or drop them when they resign as rfa's. it is 40 player teams with 20 on the main roster and 20 on the reserve.

what draft pick would you suggest throwing in on a trade of JVR for parise, where i would be getting parise? i offered JVR straight up for him and he replied that he would like me to throw in a draft pick as well.

what kind of a contract do you see parise resigning? will he go with a home town discount or will he shoot for the sky? i have thornton on my team this year and his current deal runs out so i will have 7.2 million at least in cap space next year. is it worth it to give JVR and a draft pick for an injured parise? i'm thinking on a more long term basis, does JVR have an upside anywhere near parise? anywho your input on this deal would be great thanks.

Bonus answer (No. 11!)

Parise is a huge upgrade, both in upside and in immediate production (when he returns, of course). I don't have a lot of experience in that type of league, but I would pay his price. I don't know what value picks have so I can't recommend a round. But I would pay the price to make the move.

I...am your father.

That's it fellas! Thank you!
    I'll try and carve some more time tomorrow

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Dobber. Lindback is unowned in my league and we can only sign one free agent during the season. I plan to hold off as long as possible, but I've definitely got my eye on him, especially if he starts stealing significant starts.

The Airborne Attack
    (GFHL - 14 Team Keeper League 2016 Champions)

F: McDavid, Laine, Monahan, Simmonds, van Riemsdyk, Granlund, Schwartz, Kreider, Oshie, Trochek, Bjugstad
    D: Ekman Larsson, Carlson, Ristolainen, Parayko, Skjei, Ekblad, McNabb
    G: Price, Rinne, Halak, Montoya

Farm: Dvorak, Kaprizov, Ritchie, Rattie, Chabot, Carrick, Johns, Hutton, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Congratulations on your 5 years - your Site is the Best!!!

Please rank these Players as Keepers and how many points do you see each scoring in their Prime?

Eberle
    Filatov
    Frolik
    Paajarvi

Thank You!
    8 Teams H-to-H Keeper League

G-A-PTS-+/- PIM PPG-PPA-PPP-SHP-GWG-SOG
    W-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

Dobber Sports Rookie

thanks dobbs, i was thinking that i should try and get him no matter what as well.