Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Story behind your username?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Story behind your username?

So yes, I have read Mostly Harmless. I have read everything Douglas ever wrote. I agree the Coifer book was a miss though. I only got through the first few chapters.

As for the new Dirk Gently series, I tried to sit through an episode but was disappointed with the Dirk character. So far from the book. I will try again though, as I have a friend who raves about the series. The difference is though, that he never read the books. Maybe I just need to open my mind more.

- - - Updated - - -

So yes, I have read Mostly Harmless. I have read everything Douglas ever wrote. I agree the Coifer book was a miss though. I only got through the first few chapters.

As for the new Dirk Gently series, I tried to sit through an episode but was disappointed with the Dirk character. So far from the book. I will try again though, as I have a friend who raves about the series. The difference is though, that he never read the books. Maybe I just need to open my mind more.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post

I found that with the movie a few years back. At first watch, I hated it, but I've watched it several times since and found it grew on me each time.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by wonko View Post
    I am a big Douglas Adams fan. Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy and all that. Wonko the Sane is a a bit character in one of the books (4 in the series). I always loved the Dichotomy of the name. In hindsight I would use the whole name and capitalize it. Ah well. Can I change it now? WonkotheSane....
    Once a year Dobber sometimes opens a thread saying he?ll change someones username, but he urges people to not based on establishing a brand so to speak. But I think he wants it so a guy like Pengwin doesn?t change his name to JoshDonaldsonFan and now everyone has no clue who he is.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Once a year Dobber sometimes opens a thread saying he?ll change someones username, but he urges people to not based on establishing a brand so to speak. But I think he wants it so a guy like Pengwin doesn?t change his name to JoshDonaldsonFan and now everyone has no clue who he is.

Cool. I might just do that when the time is right. Thanks for the heads up Olympicgold
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Was playing on a summer hockey team where we made a logo of a stick man standing at centre ice with his stick upside down for the face-off, and called ourselves the dippin' sticks. We pulled off one of those seasons where you lose every game until playoffs (everyone makes playoffs, then came together and won it all). Next year someone had the genius idea of putting a second guy with an upside down stick on the other side of our logo for the face-off, and then calling ourselves the Eskimo Brothers. I had no idea what it meant at the time, but the logo was still entertaining to me. So after perusing the forums for a month or so, I decided to make an account, but wanted it to be hockey related in my mind. First two or three ideas were taken, so I ended up falling back to Eskimo Brother. Looked up what it meant a few weeks later, and had a great laugh about it.
    Please tell me you have watched "The League". That's where I thought your name came from. If you haven't, please do.

EBDB and EBDB Prime.... Lol.

Taco is hilarious, but Ruxin is still king in my books.

14 Team, Keep14 Farm5, 82GP Cap/Position
    Skaters: Points only, Goalies 2ptWin/3ptSO
    Start: 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,2G
    C- Crosby, Zibanejad, Couturier, Zacha, Frost
    LW- Marchand, Huberdeau, McTavish, Rackell, Kuzmenko
    RW- Konecny, Necas, Caufield, Jarvis, Lafreniere
    D- Hughes, Carlson, Werenski, Chychrun, Andersson, Dobson, Weegar
    G- Andersen, Merzlikins, Daccord, Jones
    Farm- Johnston, Foerster, Tarasov, Hutson, Reinbacher
    Picks-1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11

Dobber Sports Monster

when i was signing up for the forum i just wanted to quickly make an account and ask about my keeper team (which i destroyed but built it back up to a contending team...yeah i dont mind repeating that i have a good team)

i didn't even plan on hanging around here and keep posting like i have. realized how good of a community it was and stuck around. i just thought of the first username at the top of my head and i picked stuntman lol

- - - Updated - - -

when i was signing up for the forum i just wanted to quickly make an account and ask about my keeper team (which i destroyed but built it back up to a contending team...yeah i dont mind repeating that i have a good team)

i didn't even plan on hanging around here and keep posting like i have. realized how good of a community it was and stuck around. i just thought of the first username at the top of my head and i picked stuntman lol

Dobber Sports Stud

That's good to know. I'd very much like to remove the numbers at the end of my username. Dobber, you here?
    Rufio says it all, no need to add anything.
    Bangerang!

Great thread by the way. I find it fascinating to discover parts of personalities through online comments.
    On my part, I mostly roam the hockey forums but I like it when posters show some of their character, whether through humour, movie references, GIFs, sarcasm, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

That's good to know. I'd very much like to remove the numbers at the end of my username. Dobber, you here?
    Rufio says it all, no need to add anything.
    Bangerang!

Great thread by the way. I find it fascinating to discover parts of personalities through online comments.
    On my part, I mostly roam the hockey forums but I like it when posters show some of their character, whether through humour, movie references, GIFs, sarcasm, etc.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.