Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IMPORTANT! Pool wants to veto my trade - please provide me ur thoughts...thx so much!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    what kind of fückwits do you have running your league that they would seek to veto a fair trade and prohibit you and the other GMs from managing your own teams as you see fit? When the veto is being used in this manner it is being used for all the wrong reasons...rather than seeking to prevent cheating its being used for the selfish ends of the other GMs in the league. You have to be a pretty big ******* to veto a trade like this just because you might perceive that it lends an advantage to one team or another...in that case your motivation in using the veto is COMPLETELY selfish and has absolutely nothing to do with the integrity of the league. I refuse to play in lame ass leagues like that because I prefer to play with men, not with children, I suggest you do the same
    Can always count on you to say it exactly how you see it, pull no punches. I agree with you 100%.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    what kind of f�ckwits do you have running your league that they would seek to veto a fair trade and prohibit you and the other GMs from managing your own teams as you see fit? I refuse to play in lame ass leagues like that because I prefer to play with men, not with children, I suggest you do the same
    There you go... your league even made mcgoo mad.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Initiate

See hockeypoolgeek's post...that says it all.

I honestly couldnt give a crap who's being traded.....if there is no cheating/collusion involved....NO VETO.

I'd be finding a new league at seasons end for even having to deal with this.
    12 team keeper, 8 keepers, Points only(1 point G/A, 2W+3SO)
    $65M salary cap 12F 6D 2G active roster

Dobber Sports Padawan

First, what is the reasoning behind the move to veto this trade? Which side is getting ripped off? I ask more to satisfy my curiosity than because any reason other than collusion could have any merit at all. I've quit leagues in the past for ridiculous vetoes and this is a ridiculous veto.

Tell these ostriches that they'll enjoy life more if they keep their heads in the sand and not up their a$$es.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah, I'd like to know on what basis it's being vetoed?
    It's actually a pretty fair deal, not lop-sided at all. What a bunch of ****-tards.

You should veto their veto. Then give 'em the salute...
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    F/D Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
    G Cats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Pro Roster
    C: M Ribeiro, B Richards, D Roy, J Skinner
    LW: R Clowe, Z Parise
    RW: T Purcell
    D: T Enstrom, JM Liles, D Phaneuf

G: R Miller, J Reimer

Farm Team
    L Omark, J Blum, G Clitsome, J Huberdeau, Z Dalpe, L Adam

Administrator

This is precisely the scenario you encourage when you make the veto process part of how trades are conducted. It's just like Star Wars, jealousy leads to hate, hate leads to the dark side... you know what I'm saying.

I stand by a principle of no collusion means no veto but since you knew the rules going in so you'll have to abide by them now. Sure trade vetoing eventually leads to no trades, and eventually no fun, but that's how she goes. I'd be gone from that league, nay, I'd never have entered in the first place, but that's just me.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    League and team settings down below.

I received:
    C/W - Datsyuk
    W - Kessel
    1st round pick 2011

I gave up:
    C - Spezza
    W - Heatley
    5th round pick 2011

Here is the initial thread from last night that I made when I was contemplating the trade.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.ph...ad.php&t=85488

Sorry for the repeated thread, but I wanted to change the title so more people respond as somehow this trade is getting veto votes, and it is pool policy that a trade gets posted on an external site if it is going to be vetoed, so everyone in my pool will view this thread.

Please let me know if you think this trade is veto-worthy. My opinion is that it isn't even close to veto-worthy, but I could be wrong I guess. My league+team settings are listed below so please view them at your convenience. Thank-you

This is ludicrous. It's idiocy to even suggest veto on this trade. OR pretty much any trade for that matter. My leagues, I let my owners fly and run what they wanna run and pull trades down however the want to . Yeah guys will get some nice wins in trades and some will get huge losses in trades, but I'd much rather have an " adult" environment where they do not need to be babysat. They police themselves.

NO league should use trade veto's it only causes huge issues, I'd rather a team get a nice steal of a trade than have issues all the time of fighting over trade veto's and such.

This sort of league your apart of is not the league you want to stay apart of long term. Find yourself a good solid fantasy league.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think I found a picture of the rest of your league in their natural habit.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dobber Sports Padawan

Let us know how this turns out pocketrocket if you don't mind.
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/picture.php?albumid=65&pictureid=474

Dobber Sports Initiate

I am not sure how your league is run, but my keeper league has a board of governors, made up of 5 GM's representing the 15 teams in our league. Any rule changes, or changes in general go to a vote including all 15 GM's, but the board will step in on more pressing concerns. I can happily say, that while there have been 2-3 questionable deals in our 9 year history, we have never vetoed a trade! I like to think that we the board, put the pool first, before our own individual needs and wants, which is not always easy to do. I get the impression that that is what could be happening in your league...those asking for the trade to be vetoed, are looking at how the deal impacts their team, rather than whether or not there was any collusion or one sidedness to the trade. Impartiality is imperative in these pools, and some guys just can't do it. I see absolutely nothing wrong with the trade, and would agree with some other earlier posters, that if I had made this deal, and it was vetoed, I would strongly consider resigning from the pool. If you veto this deal, where does it end? 2 guys have to be given enough freedom to make a deal because they each like what they are getting in return. Not every deal has to be won and lost, sometimes both sides get what they want, regardless what others may think.

Puck
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Ace

This isn't vetoable.

In fact, I'd view this as a relatively even trade.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Angry Please Elaborate On How The Spezza Trades Wins?

Datsyuk VS. Heatley
    Datsyuk for Heatley is more or less equal. Datsyuk has more of an advantage because of the pnts he has produced in the past, his team, projection this year and because he wins TONS of faceoffs. But all in all I wouldn't mind being on either side between these 2 guys.

Spezza VS. Kessel
    Spezza obviously a better player but not by much. Kessels potential has gone up tramendously from last year. The advantage here is to Kessel because there are less valuable wingers than there are centers. Kessel is also kept in more pools than Spezza especially since Heatley left. But then again I wouldnt mind being on either side between these 2 players. I lean more toward Spezza for player wise, but Kessel for pool wise.

PICKS
    If you agree with me on the above then the last piece of the puzzle is the pics. 1st for a 5th is outrageous especially since the person recieving the two better valued players is also recieving a 1st!!

Now the person recieving Datsyuk claims he lost Heatley, but in return has the choice to keep Datsyuk or Kessel. Even if Datsyuk looses his C/W status that G.M. could still have him for next year because the C/W is kept throught the year.

I don't understand how no one sees this the way I do...
    Give me a breakdown on how the Spezza trade won player per player please!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No veto for sure

Dobber Sports Prodigy

No veto...

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by G.M. Genius View Post
    Datsyuk VS. Heatley
    Datsyuk for Heatley is more or less equal. Datsyuk has more of an advantage because of the pnts he has produced in the past, his team, projection this year and because he wins TONS of faceoffs. But all in all I wouldn't mind being on either side between these 2 guys.

Spezza VS. Kessel
    Spezza obviously a better player but not by much. Kessels potential has gone up tramendously from last year. The advantage here is to Kessel because there are less valuable wingers than there are centers. Kessel is also kept in more pools than Spezza especially since Heatley left. But then again I wouldnt mind being on either side between these 2 players. I lean more toward Spezza for player wise, but Kessel for pool wise.

PICKS
    If you agree with me on the above then the last piece of the puzzle is the pics. 1st for a 5th is outrageous especially since the person recieving the two better valued players is also recieving a 1st!!

Now the person recieving Datsyuk claims he lost Heatley, but in return has the choice to keep Datsyuk or Kessel. Even if Datsyuk looses his C/W status that G.M. could still have him for next year because the C/W is kept throught the year.

I don't understand how no one sees this the way I do...
    Give me a breakdown on how the Spezza trade won player per player please!
    Its my opinion and I am not going to waste my time explaining it to you. Most people have called this one pretty even so relax.

Welcome to the boards, btw
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin