Thread: Martin Erat

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Martin Erat

what could a guy demand for Erat? Would it be wise to hold onto him until he is much more marketable??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re:Martin Erat

Erat is not a high profile guy but I think because of the past two years and the team he is on, most poolies would consider him a ‘reliable’ player going forward. More cautious GMs might play the wait and see what the lines look like in Nashville next year. I know I would be hard-pressed to find a guy who would overpay for him so the challenge would be not to undersell him. If you league counts +/- you might want to try to sell the fact he is on a good Nashville team although +13 last year is nothing to write home about.

I think Erat is a 70 point maybe 80 point player. If I had him and wanted to move him I would hope to steal someone who might be a bit more of a gamble but have more upside like Patrick O’Sullivan, Brad Boyes, Corey Perry or Jiri Hudler. Depending on the player maybe you could also score a draft pick as part of the deal.

That is a great plan, you have just put an idea into my head. I love that little O\'sullivan guy maybe I will try and pry him away from somebody. Thanks for the help. I hope I don\'t give away a future star though. Not sure if I will trade him forsure but thanks reeveta...

Dobber Sports Stud

If you can get O\'Sullivan, Boyes, or (seriously?) Corey Perry for him then I want to join your league! Hudler\'s a little more under the radar, maybe that could happen.
    T.G.

I think Boyes is more of a streaky player whereas O\'sullivan and Perry will be top guys in the league one day.. Hudler is a wildcard, the smallest power forward I have ever seen. HA!

I...am your father.

I would rather have Erat than Boyes. Although Erat will never get 80 points, I still like him better than Boyes.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Veteran

Dobber: Your gut may say Erat over Boyes but your player list says different.

I like Boyes over Erat but I guess they are pretty close. Tie goes to Boyes because he won the CHL\'s Scholastic Player of the Year in 2000.

I...am your father.

Yes, but that\'s very close. The big variable there is Erat\'s upside is 75 points while Boyes is at 80 points. An intangible that is not a part of the formula is \"gut\", as you say. How much do I trust Boyes to come back?
    If you go by the list (and you should! haha) and it is close like this, you gotta make a judgment call. Erat is a safer call. If you like safe.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Safe rarely wins championships. I\'ve been playing it safe for a couple of years and it\'s landed me in the middle of nowhere. I\'m taking risks this year and I\'ll either be in last or first. I won\'t go crazy and take all risky players but I will allot at least 10% of my roster to \"risky\" players.