Thread: E. Johnson or T.Myers

Dobber Sports Novice

Default E. Johnson or T.Myers

Who choise between E. Johnson or T. Myers for this year and the next years (pts only).

Dobber Sports Legend

I think this is very, very close. But at this point, I would go with Myers by a hair. Both have great potential, but I think Myers will be a straight up beast.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Banned

Johnson easily. #1 pick, better offensive d-man, better offensive team for now and the future.

Dobber Sports Monster

Fungchen and Big Ev " The avatar battle of Karlsson"

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Shakedown View Post
    Fungchen and Big Ev " The avatar battle of Karlsson"
    Big Ev's is Gonchar I"m pretty sure. Love it though as well. It's like Karlsson's becoming the next Gonchar. Pretty cool seeing Toews after as well. Lots of big, cool avs in this thread.

I'd go with EJ. He's going to be the better player, is on the more offensive team, and has the higher upside.

Wow, how did you get the ?

Banned

Shakedown, can you not see that Karlsson shoots right and Gonchar shoots left? and that my guy is 55 and looks a lot different? lol

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Shakedown, can you not see that Karlsson shoots right and Gonchar shoots left? and that my guy is 55 and looks a lot different? lol
    LOL ahh yes grasshoppa I see it now!!

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Johnson easily. #1 pick, better offensive d-man, better offensive team for now and the future.
    Not so sure about that. Forget about college and junior numbers, as some things change when players get to the NHL. Those numbers are meaningless at this point.

As for EJ being the #1 pick, that also should not be a factor in this decision. So I guess I would break it down like this:

NHL production to date: EJ has 33 Pt. and 39 Pt. seasons. Myers has a 48 Pt. (rookie) season under his belt. Edge goes to Myers.

Age: Both are young pups, but Myers is two years younger. This is mainly a wash at this point but the numerical edge goes to Myers.

Team: This is where you are right, Ev. I like the St. Louis situation a lot more than the Buffalo situation overall. That said, EJ has more competition (Colaiacovo and Pietrangelo). But, sure, edge goes to Johnson.

Health/Durability: EJ missed 23 GP and 13 GP in his first two seasons. Myers played all 82 as a rookie. Edge clearly goes to Myers.

Man, this is a close one, but I still think weighing all of the factors, Myers may end up better offensively. EJ strikes me as one of those all-purpose guys that will get dinged up and play in all situations.

I actually had higher expectations for EJ coming into the NHL, and while he has been very solid overall, he has not wowed anyone in fantasy. Myers wowed people last year.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Banned

To me I don't see Myers being a best offensively. That was never his game, really. I think he overachieved last year and he will end up being more defensive.

EJ is a franchise d-man, that's why I mentioned him being drafted #1.

Dobber Sports Pro

Really Id flip a coin theres not much difference.Myers might have more trade value because of the whole rookie year but Johnson missed a full year with a knee injury and is sometimes overlooked.Not much difference.....so flip a coin.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thank for our help. Finally i guess E. Johnson but i am not sure whit my decision.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jotru15 View Post
    Thank for our help. Finally i guess E. Johnson but i am not sure whit my decision.
    You are fine either way. Both players will be nice.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Wizard

It's close but I would choose Myers.
    Looking for a league

Woodbridge Wild

JFHL Cup Champions 08-09 & 10-11