Thread: Myers vs Hedman

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Myers vs Hedman

Who has the higher ceiling??? Taking into account the future of the team (T.B vs Buffalo)...
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    C - Stamkos, Zibanijad, Wright, Norris, Seguin (RW), Larkin, Zegras, Zary
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller
    G - Andersen, Gustavsson, Saros, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Myers seems to have more offensive skills. Hedman could be better overall long term, but I think Myers will be the better fantasy hockey player.
    12 Team, Salary Cap, H2H w/4 Keepers
    Start: 3C + 6W + 4D + 2G
    Scoring Cat: G, A, STPTS, Shots, Hits, +/-
    Goalie Cat: W, Save %, GAA

C H.Sedin, Kesler, Ott
    W St. Louis, Nash, E.Kane, Kunitz, Havlat, Ju.Williams
    D Lidstrom, Kronwall, Streit, Liles
    G Quick, Smith
    Bench Hanzal, MA Bergeron, Michalek, Markstrom
    IR Hemsky, Ry.Whitney

Dobber Sports Initiate

For some reason, I seem to think that T.B will much better over the next 5 years. Ergo, Hedman should have better offensive numbers. Myers is a beast, but I'm beginning to worry that Tallinder helped him out a ton last year..
    10 team keeper league dress 4 LW, C, RW, 6 Def and 2 Goalies (gls and asts are a pt for fwds and 1.5 for Def, as is a +, but also -1 for a - forwards and -1 for "D", G - 2 pts for win, 5 for SO and pts for saves)
    LW - Landeskog, Robertson, E. Kane, Guentzel, Huberdeau, Kreider, Schwartz (C/RW)
    RW - Rantanen, Olofsson, Kuzmenko (LW), Sharangovich (LW/C), Laine, Arvidsson (LW)
    D - M. Anderson, Josi, S. Jones, Toews, Theodore, Faber, , Korchinski, Zellweger, Mintyukov, Larsson, H. Lindholm, K. Miller

Hedman and Myers are at opposite ends of the spectrum, thus far.

Hedman is frequently seen joining the rush, passing on the mark, shooting the puck, and generally playing with confidence.

Myers looks timid, to say the least. Not sure why at this point, but my guess is a combo of 3 things. First, he's trying to do too much to live up to the hype from last year, (2) teams have figured him out and now it's his turn to figure out what he needs to tweak in his game - typical for sophomores, and (3) the team around him ain't doin' shit to make his decisions any easier (ie should I pass or should I shoot).

It's early yet but a trend has to start somewhere, and while I don't think Myers slumps per se, I definitely see him taking a step back stat-wise from last year.

Long term, I think Hedman has the better upside though one could argue the diff isn't significant enough to sweat over.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ace

This is an interesting one. Last year, Myers seemed more comfortable on the offensive side of things, while Hedman seemed content to stick to the basics.

This year we see the opposite. Hedman has got the confidence of his coach Guy Boucher, and should have the opportunity to operate freely, and gain confidence bu playing important minutes. Myers looks like he's being held back this year, I suspect that his team's dismal offensive performance is a huge factor in this.

Ultimately, I think Myers will out shine Hedman in terms of points, but Hedman will be the better all around player.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm not sure if Hedman will ever put a lot of points on the board. I have the feeling he'll be one of the more important player for a NHL team, but not that much for a fantasy team. He'll be a two way force, but not an offensive defenceman...

Myers already had a great season and I can't see why he shouldn't be able to repeat that. Therefore, I see him as the more valuable player for a fantasy team now and in the future...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Points only: I can see Myers being better now and for the next couple years. I say in 3-5 it'll be close for both (45+).

If your adding PIMS then Hedman > Myers.
    +/- will be a toss up IMO.
    H2H 12 Team/12 Keeper League. Cats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, HITS, BS, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SO, Saves

C - Crosby, Malkin, Backstrom
    LW - Gaudreau, Parise, E. Kane, Jenner (C), Panik (RW)
    RW - MacKinnon (C), Ehlers (LW), Komorov (C), Shaw (C), Vrbata
    D - Karlsson, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Gostisbehere, Gudas, Klefbom
    G- Holtby, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy

Farm - Aho, Eriksson-Ek, Schmaltz, Kaprisov, Theodore, Zaietsev, Sorokin, Stolarz

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Myers vs Hedman

This aged well

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Myers vs Hedman

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    This aged well
    Hahahahaha!!!!

No kidding. I was the one who started this in 2010. WOW!!!!

I was able to get a small ransom that season for him. And I kept Hedman. Hedman was also traded after 4 seasons. Also got a kings ransom for him. ALthough in hindsight, I should have kept Hedman.