Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: best of 3 series

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default best of 3 series

the sharks and red wings are now in a best of three series, as well as the rangers and sabres.

im going to say sharks (duh) in 6 and sabres in 7.
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:best of 3 series

ya im gonna have to agree. anaheim vs san jose and ottawa vs buffalo.... two gems indeed.

hopefully the san jose series isnt another defensive display again. id like at least the occasional game to be 5-4, 5-3, etc. Almost every playoff game is low scoring, 2-1 games are exciting to watch but dont really lead to an exciting playoff pool.
    12 Team Keeper (keep 4f, 2d, 1g, 1anything, 1 rookie) Points only.

F: Ovechkin, Backstrom, Thornton, Nash, Hossa, Semin, Pominville, Voracek, Zetterberg, Burrows, Brunner, Steen, Galchenyuk

D: Phaneuf, Shattenkirk, Carle, Wideman, Ehrhoff, Pitkanen, B. Smith

G: Lundqvist, Rask, Khubodin, Biron

IR: Lupul, Green, Kesler

Dobber Sports Stud

So much for SJ in 6. Detroit played a very good game today, although Nabby giftwrapped one for Datsyuk. Anyway, I have faith that we\'ll be heading back to Detroit for a game 7.
    12 Team H2H (Daily) - Keep 10 + 5(Farm)
    4C/3LW/3RW/4D/3G/4Bench/3IR
    G A Pts +/- STP GWG SOG/ W Sv% GAA SHO
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    F. Forsberg, J. Guentzel, A. Duclair(RW), E. Haula(C), A. Killorn
    RWs:
    N. Ehlers(LW), V. Tarasenko, F. Gaudreau(C), V. Podkolzin
    D:
    T. Chabot, C. Makar, M. Dumba, OEL, N. Schmidt
    G:
    S. Bobrovky, T. Demko, J. Gibson(IR), A. Stolarz(IR)
    Farm:
    J. Annunen, A. Kaliyev, A. Lundell, F. Lysell, M. Rossi

Dobber Sports Pro

Can\'t blame Nabby much for that \"giveaway\" goal. I mean, it\'s stupid for a goalie to shoot on his off-hand, and the chances of the punk he\'s launching will get deflected by Datsyuk\'s stick are extremely low. But it happened, and it was a fluke. It\'s something that he\'d want back, but I doubt many goalies would have done anything else.

But yeah...the Sharks for the most part haven\'t shown up this series. This is no discounting to Detroit, as the Wings have played their game well. It\'s just that Nabby showed up for San Jose, so this series wasn\'t over in 4. San Jose has a complete lack of drive. They\'re not playing for anything out there. Likely because they don\'t know what it\'s like to play for anything, as they don\'t have a legit Stanley Cup ring owner(Guerin doesn\'t count because he\'s been useless in every aspect) to help them along.
    They\'re playing like they\'re mid February. They have heart, I can tell that, just no urgency and no drive. No anger at losing, just frustration.

They shouldn\'t be frustrated, as they aren\'t doing much of anything right, and the likelihood of someone simply being frustrated at doing nothing right is slim. They should be angry at what they\'re doing to themselves. They show up for around 10 minutes a game, then go back into their unmotivated shell, then panic and sulk when Detroit mounts a comeback.
    Players who deserve to stay, and get more ice-time, simply because they\'ve tried hard this post-season: Marcel Goc, Ryane Clowe, Joe Thornton, Jon Cheechoo, Pickles, Grier, Nabby, and Michalek. When two lines are somewhat rolling, one defenseman is putting it all out there, and a goalie is fighting for his life out there....while the rest of the team is floating(ok; Brown, Bernier, Hannan and Carle are trying at times...usually on the PK), you\'re not going to win.

I hope the offseason strategy is to change the game system. Let the players be aggressive and let them produce offensively. Don\'t have them lay back on leads, let them live up to their namesake and be Sharks. As sad as it is, San Jose with their 40 minutes of sheer effort could be up 3-2 right now in the series. Maybe it would have been done already, with a series win.

Worst case scenario, nothing changes, they do great in the regular season, fail miserably in the playoffs again, and lose a large amount of players in the summer of 08 to UFA. Best case scenario, Ron learns how to effectively play his team, they do well in the regular season, and do well in the post-season making it to the Stanley Cup Finals, winning(best case scenario).

Let\'s see how things develop. This series is all but over. Most of the team booked their tee time after being satisfied they beat Nashville.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i like everything you said there lockedge, im giving you a karma point.

one player you left out who is playing absolutely like he cares every shift (not just every game or period) is rivet. i am very impressed with what he does and how he doesnt care how dirty of a job it is.

goc is another one and so is clowe. these guys work their arses off every night without a shift off. that is how we need everyone to play.

one player who has disappointed very much in the series is marleau. what have you done patty? get your scoring touch back in these last two games; get angry at detroit for shutting you down; get in their face and deliver a hat trick.....your name in the post season is hat trick marleau. play like it damnit. play like you want to freakin win and get your name engraved on the cup.

ill be damned if the ****ing ducks are the first california team to win the cup. they dont deserve it down there, they dont know crap about hockey. they dont even who up for the games. they act like its a damn dodger game: show up in the middle of the third inning and leave by the end of the sixth. them ducks should be shot.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Goose
    It would\'nt surprise me if Patty is playing hurt.. we\'ll see I guess but he\'s just not hisself.
    Rivet was prolly the best dedline aquisition of any team..good on him!
    Go Sharks!
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Stud

goose191919 wrote:
    ill be damned if the ****ing ducks are the first california team to win the cup. they dont deserve it down there, they dont know crap about hockey. they dont even show up for the games. they act like its a damn dodger game: show up in the middle of the third inning and leave by the end of the sixth. them ducks should be shot.
    Easy Goose. I\'m from Southern Cali and I like to think I know a little bit about hockey (Been playing and following it since I was 7 (16 years). Now I will agree with you that the Ducks fans (I\'m not a fan myself, although I do have Giggy on my keeper team) treat hockey as a red-headed step child when compared to their precious Basketball and Baseball (God I hate those \"sports\&quot. Anyway just wanted to let you know that there are people down here that care about hockey. Oh! I hate Brian Hayward (the Ducks Announcer). Ok, just wanted to say that and set the record straight. CHEERS!
    Centers:
    A. Barkov (IR), C. McDavid, J. Carter, Y. Gourde(LW), N. Paul(LW), C. Stephenson
    LWs:
    RWs:
    D:
    G:
    Farm:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

sorry good sir, did not mean to offend. i meant more that in general, the casual fan down there doesnt know/care about hockey, as evident by their attendance records.

for instance, my buddy lives down there (he is a sharks fan) and last year in the playoffs, he had a chance to buy for the conference finals. since the sharks were up 2-0 against edmonton, he went ahead and bought some tickets for my friends and i to go down there with him to the games and cheer on the sharks. when edmonton beat us, he tried to sell the tickets, and couldnt because no one was interested. it took until 1 hour before the game standing outside the arena before they got off his hands. (he had them posted and was selling them for face value - no joke).

i have no respect for fans like that. go out and support your team; otherwise, risk losing them to another city.

I...am your father.

goose191919 wrote:
    sorry good sir, did not mean to offend. i meant more that in general, the casual fan down there doesnt know/care about hockey, as evident by their attendance records.
    Also evidenced by their newspaper coverage. Not one story on the Kings since the season ended in the LA Times. Every other newspaper in the league has several stories on their team since then, even if it\'s just a recap of sorts. The Kings? Nothing.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Expert

the ducks radio announcers are GREAT. 2 of the best in the league. I also like the Atlanta and Detroit crews, but my favourite all time radio announcer - Chuck Kaiton, voice of the Whalers and the Hurricanes. Truly the best.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Former NHL\'er Odgers did a great job in ATLANTA this past season, I hope he is back next season, and is in the broadcast booth for a long time.

Check out Odgers Neighborhood on U-TUBE. It is hillarious.

It is sad that some teams like LA and Anahiem really have no interest by their fans in their teams. They both have great young teams and are very interesting. Bring them both to CANADA. Quebec, Halifax, Winnipeg, Hamilton...

Post edited by: Zorro, at: 2007/05/07 13:49
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

goose191919 wrote:

for instance, my buddy lives down there (he is a sharks fan) and last year in the playoffs, he had a chance to buy for the conference finals. since the sharks were up 2-0 against edmonton, he went ahead and bought some tickets for my friends and i to go down there with him to the games and cheer on the sharks. when edmonton beat us, he tried to sell the tickets, and couldnt because no one was interested. it took until 1 hour before the game standing outside the arena before they got off his hands. (he had them posted and was selling them for face value - no joke).

i have no respect for fans like that. go out and support your team; otherwise, risk losing them to another city.
    No worries man. I don\'t really have respect for the fair-weather fans either. But as is life.

Also Dobbs I know exactly what you mean by newspaper coverage. I do a scrap book of the stanley cup finals every year and I\'m hoping that the Ducks make it so that they\'ll at least be some interesting articles to read. Like last year (Car vs. Edm) there were almost no stories written about the final. It was very sad.
    Centers:
    LWs:
    RWs:
    D:
    G:
    Farm:

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Can you imagine the backlash here in Vancouver area if the Canucks were treated like that! Hedz would roll! Hockey is THE passion here period!
    I liked the quote I read once long time ago from a Winipeg jets FAn when they were still around.
    Here there are two seasons he said ..Hockey season and waiting for hockey season.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting note: The last time Detroit lost a game 7 at home was 1994 against San Jose. And they have only lost 2 game 7s at the Lou in the history of the team.

Post edited by: Egon, at: 2007/05/07 22:33

Dobber Sports Prodigy

im very angry. that game was painful to be at.