Thread: Rate my team! Myers for Edler?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Rate my team! Myers for Edler?

Hey guys, I'm new to fantasy hockey and I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice on my team. I'm in a 10 team h2h yahoo league with
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO

My team
    C
    Malkin
    Krecji
    Filppula

LW
    Ryan (C/LW)
    Gagne

RW
    St.Louis
    Hossa

F
    Lucic

D
    Green
    Myers
    Kronwall
    Bieksa

BN
    Hamhuis D
    P.Bergeron C
    Setoguchi RW
    Carlson D
    J. Staal (IR)

Goalies
    Price
    Tim Thomas
    Giguere
    Varlamov (IR)

So far I've noticed how convenient Ryan's dual eligibility is as I can sneak in another player onto my rosters on those busy Saturdays. My drafting was very messy as I did not know who to pick in the later rounds but I managed to grab Thomas, Giguere, Carlson, Filppula and Setoguchi off the FA. I tried to get players on decent teams to boost the +/- as well as bolster points as players tend to be better by playing with better teammates.

Myers has been absolutely dreadful destroying my +/- rating with a -5 while only contributing with 5 SOG. I am terrified of his sophomore slump and am considering the idea of trading him straight up for Edler, who is on the 1st line PP pairing as well as playing about 22-25 minutes a game. I have also heard that Buffalo has some PP problems which will not get me the PPP I desire. I haven't proposed this trade yet as I would like to have this trade evaluated beforehand by you guys.

Also, my goalies are not the greatest but have provided me with decent stats so far, allowing me to beat my opponent in 3 out of 5 categories with 2W (vs3), 1.68 GAA (2.99), 86 SV (159), .945SV% (.914), 1SO (0), with my opponents stats in brackets. My question is, should I start Price vs TB and Giguere @Pit on Wednesday to possibly get a win without jeopardizing my SV% and GAA?

If you guys can rate my team or give me comments I would be delighted! Thanks!
    Last edited by hoodstar; October 12, 2010 at 6:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Don't panic, keep myers. He will turn it around. The guy is too good not too. Don''t jump ship just yeat. Give him 10-15 games before you make a proper evaluation, the sample size at the moment is just too small and his upside too great.