Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Officepools

I...am your father.

From Officepools.com, in an email to me asking me to relay this to you:

"We had to move forward with the new site because there is no one who can run the Classic site. The person who was running it has decided he didn’t want to work with the Officepools team other than on his own terms. Unfortunately, his terms were unreasonable. We want to improve the site and grow the company, he doesn’t. We are sorry the transition to the new site has been less than ideal. We are working hard to make adjustments and improvements, it will just take some time.

The site will get there.

Thanks for patience, Rich

Officepools.com

I can be reached at [email protected]"
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

you can really tell that it's being run by different people/person.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thumbs up

I see a few changes in the sorting etc....on the site.

Looks like they're making some changes - Thank you!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I still don't see how this site can charge money when there have been so many complaints. I know of 5 different leagues (only one of which I am involved in) that have switched from Officepools to different provider (mostly fantrax).

I...am your father.

When we're talking 10 guys and 20 bucks, I don't consider paying two bucks really paying money. I found a toonie yesterday in the back of my car seat.

Fantrax can't handle my league (yet).
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The money was never an issue but 20 bucks gives our league a case of free beer and the guys will definitely dig that.

Dobber, I understand your promotion of Officepools as you do have an investment in it (with the articles and your advertising) but the latest changes aren't good for their business. Like you have said, I am sure that they are working around the clock to fix all of the problems but these new formats should have been put together and tested (especially) way before the regular season started IMO.

The most disappointing issue with Officepools to me was their customer service. Every response or Administrative message I received seemed to come back without a good resolution and a lot of the time I felt as though they were being rude and had an annoyed tone to them. However, it's tough to analyze those types of feelings through emails and internet chat so I won't hold that against them. It would be frustrating as hell dealing with those types of changes and the associated problems.

I am curious, what specifically are you referring to when you say Fantrax can't handle your league?

Dobber Sports Stud

I think most of the officepools stuff is sorted out. The only thing I really miss and would make me look elsewhere at his point is the Game Update column in the old office pools. I want to know how I'm doing compared to everyone at a glance without having to check every team and see a bunch of irrelevant stats.

As for the money, 180$ payout is much different than a 200$ one
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

The Great One

Every reply I get from emailing them goes something like this:

"We are working on making it better"

Even though that had nothing to do with the questions being asked!! Very fustrating

The Great One

How long does it take to take out the useless stats (at least for our league) in the Game Update tab?

And also, throw in a Game Update column to see how everyone did that night. (as mentioned above)
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; October 28, 2010 at 5:09 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Like I've mentioned above, there's a few things getting sorted, it looks like. Still lots to go though.

I just looked on my 4 pools this morning and must agree - not having the Game Update right there on the front page is getting more and more annoying.

I want to know - without having to click all over the place:

1. How I did (both in the evening, with proper updates...........and the next morning, in the main screen)
    2. How many guys I have going tonight, compared to the rest of the league. (Currently, I don't even know how to figure that out.

And these things I'm reading about all the changes that have been implemented. Remember, they tried putting all this through LAST YEAR, without consultation with customers, without actually completing the format. As a businessman myself, there can be a whole lot derived from a few key customers. (not saying I'm their biggest, but have used the site pretty much since the beginning....10 years??)

I understand from the notes above that the 'Classic' format was run by a particular individual, who no longer works there......so that is not an option. Too bad, cause at this point, I still prefer it.

Having said all this, I'm still prepared to continue on with them, if for no other reason than I don't want to have to research and then re-enter all my teams, 3 weeks of roster moves, into another site.

But for godsakes, get these things fixed!!!!

The Great One

It looks like they updated the site and now the GU column is there....as I saw it there last night BUT now the PT (playing tonight) column pulled a David Copperfield and that has vanished!!

Overall it looks like process is being made, so hopefully within the next week or so, everything should be running smoothly

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    It looks like they updated the site and now the GU column is there....as I saw it there last night BUT now the PT (playing tonight) column pulled a David Copperfield and that has vanished!!

Overall it looks like process is being made, so hopefully within the next week or so, everything should be running smoothly
    I noticed this too -- Playing Tonight is gonzo! Hopefully they'll figure this crap out since it's the only site that has exactly what we're looking for in terms of scoring.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports All-Star

Anyone else having trouble getting into this site?? It's been 4 days for me that it says the site is down!!! My peeps are getting restless.
    10 Team Yahoo H2H - Keep 5 - G,A,+/-,PPP,PIMS,HITS SOG,GWG/W,GAA,SV%,SO
    C: Tavares, Pavelski, Fabbri, Matthews, Rakell,
    LW: Landeskog, Sedin, Perron
    RW: Kucherov, Oshie, Radulov, Backes
    D: Subban, Petry, Gostisbehere, Green, Yandle, Werenski
    G: Price, Talbot

Canadian Dad Blog - http://canadiandad.com

Dobber Sports Stud

I love the new Game Update... that's all that was missing for me.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper