Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vancouver

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Re:Vancouver

For the people that think giving the C to the Sedins or Bieksa, I would say you havent watched enough Vancouver games. Naslund proved in the series against the Ducks he still deserves the C. He had 3 goals in that series and was their best forward. If anyone else deserves the C besides obviously Linden, it would be Willie Mitchell. Bieksa doesnt deserve the C yet, he is too immature and tends to take the bad penalty too often. If he continues to improve his game he will make a great captain one day, but not yet. One of the reasons I think he made such drastic imporvements to his game this year was because he rode wingman to Willie Mitchell. It allowed him to join the rush more and make the big hit that puts him out of position because his other partner is the god of all defensive defencemen, and covers his ass.

As for the changes, hopefully they can trade Morrison and free up some space. Trading Naslund would just be a slap in the face after all the good years he has had there and he wouldnt agree to it anyway. It would be another Bure situation all over again, giving Vancouver a bad repuation on how they deal with their star players. After signing there RFAs and UFAs they wish to keep they should have 3-5 million left depending on the contracts. Hopefully sign Hartnell at 3 million and if they trade Morrison they can add another forward at 3 million. Also he will look at getting rid of Chouinard, but good luck. They might be able to get Jason Blake if they have 4 million in cap room. Nonis will probably want to leave at least a million in cap space.

Nonis will have to add some more scoring punch at the deadline, but keep in mind they did have a few major injuries up front. And I dont see them having the money for Smyth, or even wanting him for that matter.

Sedin - Sedin - Hartnell
    Naslund - UFA(@ 3mill) - Pyatt
    Cooke - Kesler - Hansen
    Burrows - Linden - Cowan

RES: Green, Santala

Ohlund - Bieksa
    Mitchell - Krajicek
    Salo - Bourdon
    Koltsov

Post edited by: Glrussia, at: 2007/05/09 21:15

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Orrfan wrote:
    I think Nonis & Veenyo know they need a significant RW upgrade. So don\'t be surprised if you see him deal Ohlund for one. If they could hold their nose long enuf it would be interesting to see if they could get Lupul from the Oil plus a prospect! I think Lowe would go for it. He\'s hard up for a Dman like Ohly.
    Of any of the top 4, Ohlund may be the odd man out. Mitchell\'s the defensive stud, Salo\'s got the shot, and Bieksa\'s the up-and-comer. It may be a good idea to move Ohlund, but I\'m not convinced that Lupul is a good target. He had a decent season a year ago with Anaheim, when surrounded by talent, but sucked with the Oil. Plus, being one of the major components of the Pronger deal, I don\'t think that Lowe would be all that thrilled to part with him. But you never know, after all it is the Oil we\'re talking about.
    Moe basically has no value at present....but if he should suddenly take off to a hot start next season Nonis will shop him hard.
    If anything, I think that Mo has more value than Nazzy due to the size of Nazzy\'s contract. Lots of teams can use a fast centre who\'s defensively responsible. However, until the injuries clear up, nobody will take him. If he does take off at the beginning of next season, I don\'t see Nonis moving him, unless we can get a younger centre either in free agency or in return for the deal.

Glrussia wrote:
    If anyone else deserves the C besides obviously Linden, it would be Willie Mitchell.
    Agree with the Willie Mitchell part, not with the Linden part. Love Linden, but he\'s just a role player now. A captain should have a major role on the team, like Mitchell does.

Hopefully sign Hartnell at 3 million and if they trade Morrison they can add another forward at 3 million. Also he will look at getting rid of Chouinard, but good luck.
    I\'m guessing that Chouinard will be bought out or traded for peanuts. I know that there\'s a lot of Hartnell talk on the Canucks forums, but I\'m not sure why. I\'d rather have more of a sniper than a 2-way guy.

Sedin - Sedin - Hartnell
    Naslund - UFA(@ 3mill) - Pyatt
    Cooke - Kesler - Hansen
    Burrows - Linden - Cowan

RES: Green, Santala

Ohlund - Bieksa
    Mitchell - Krajicek
    Salo - Bourdon
    Koltsov
    Good luck with both getting Hartnell (or equivalent) and also signing a centre of Morrison\'s caliber (uninjured) for $3 million. I just don\'t see that sort of player out there for that price. Also, Bourdon will not be up with the Canucks next season. If he is with the big club, he will get $1.35 million in salary, and the Canucks can\'t afford to spend that much more on their defence.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Yeah as far as Bourdon is concerned it looks like Edler has the inside track there..expect Luc to season for a season with the Moose!
    I think with the Mo situation he\'s a diminishing asset and major bandaider time to ship him out asap. If you get someone who can play a season your better off than keeping him for his 50 games.
    Nother interestin scenario is the Schneider card... very good American goalie that teams like the bolts would love to have. They luv to play up that American boy angle down there. You could package Mo, Ohly and Schneider for one of their big 3, a player and prospect. Prolly Marty St. l. would be the main guy coming back. Prospal for Mo at C. Just dreamin but interestin don\'tya think.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Ace

Pete wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    why is this such a bad idea?
    Because giving a \"C\" to an european is such a bad idea ...

I can,t believe we have one ... :sick:<br><br>Post edited by: Pete, at: 2007/05/08 13:16
    I\'m gonna start this off by saying I hate the Habs....I follow up by saying I WORSHIP THE HAB FANS!You mofos are the most loyal/dedicated fans in all of sport.{grew up living beside one of ya}I wouldn\'t hate the habs if they wern\'t so dominant when I was a kid..{probally why I don\'t hate the Leafs}Next I will say that Koivu Wears the \"C\" proudly.I have 2 young sons and hope they show the fight that he has shown{I Know they do cause they have both been involved in Mc Sorely/Bert type confrontations at age 1 and 3 !!}..It would have been easy for him to sit back and say \"what if\" but that s.o.b. gives it every night in my books,you would know more than me but I say Koivu HAS WHAT IT TAKES..Everyone else needs to get on board.

Post edited by: WildHendy, at: 2007/05/11 22:07
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Ace

double post:blush: .ya im drinking.........friday ,gimmee abrake...............OH YA.....SUNDIN IS A WARRIOR TOO...Nazzy and Sedins d:evil: ont fit the bill.

Post edited by: WildHendy, at: 2007/05/11 22:01

Post edited by: WildHendy, at: 2007/05/11 22:03
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Expert

WildHendy wrote:
    Pete wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    why is this such a bad idea?
    Because giving a \"C\" to an european is such a bad idea ...

I can,t believe we have one ... :sick:<br><br>Post edited by: Pete, at: 2007/05/08 13:16
    I\'m gonna start this off by saying I hate the Habs....I follow up by saying I WORSHIP THE HAB FANS!You mofos are the most loyal/dedicated fans in all of sport.
    habs fans are behind their team, win or tie. B)