Thread: Calling All Leafs, Habs & Sens Fans!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Calling All Leafs, Habs & Sens Fans!!

Not sure if this is going to fly as we are very close to the start of the season, but in an attempt to provide some balance, I am going to try and commish a Toronto fans vs Montreal fans vs Ottawa fans faceoff to see which fans are the best poolies.

Each fanbase will be represented by 4 owners who will draft their own teams. All four teams points will be added together and compete against the other two cities fanbases. Most points wins. Simple. This was intended to be a low maintenance league as many of us are already in several leagues.

No trades. 10 pick ups for entire year. Goals and Assists = 1 point each. Wins = 2 points and Shutouts = 3 points. 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 4 Bench. 82 gp max per position.

The rules are non-negotiable as they are identical to the Western Franchis Faceoff. Heck, we could even compare totals to see which of the six Canadian franchises fans are the best poolies! My money is on Oiler fans, but I may be slightly biased. I will only pick a dummy team in this league in order to be commish.

Draft: Tues 5 Oct 7:45 pm Eastern

Please reply in this thread (no PM's please, my inbox is full) or send an email to my email address: [email protected]

Let's see which fanbase has the best poolies!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm a Sens Fan. I'm down.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Eastern Franchise Faceoff

I know it's late, but I know there are at least 4 of each set of fans for the Leafs, Habs and Sens!

If the interest comes, but is too late to run the draft by tomorrow, I'll move the draft date to the right. Better late than never!

The Comish
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Super Moderator

I like the idea, Comish. If you get this running, I'll be a part of the Leafs' team. Let me know what's happening. Maybe you could also put this in the Looking For Pools section.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    I like the idea, Comish. If you get this running, I'll be a part of the Leafs' team. Let me know what's happening. Maybe you could also put this in the Looking For Pools section.
    It was in that section, but there are two drafts actually taking place and anyone looking for pools gets shuffled down the pecking order!

I'll just say that we can always start a little after the NHL season does and do a retroactive start in Yahoo. Only need 10 more. I think it's a good idea, but I may have doomed it in trying to get it going so soon before the start of the season. We'll see. I'll let you know.

Russ

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Heck, we could even compare totals to see which of the six Canadian franchises fans are the best poolies! My money is on Oiler fans, but I may be slightly biased.
    Even though I like the idea, I don't think you can realistically compare the two leagues as they are mutually exclusive. It wouldn't matter though, as the Flames fans would come out on top.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would be willing to represent the Leaf fan base as well. Keep me posted if you need me.

Dobber Sports Guru

I also would be willing to be part of the leafs fans superior team

Dobber Sports Ninja

Sorry guys, this just won't be happening this year. Thanks for your replies.

Dobber Sports Ace

count me for leaf so i will draft the worst team ever sorry count me has a habs fan
    Member of Comish Dynasty 24 team (since the beginning) (Nordique)
    Member of King Of Hockey League (Columbus)
    Member of Great Dynasty (Colorado)
    Member of United Hockey League (Los Angeles)
    Member of Global Hockey league (since the beginning) (Washington)
    Member of Vnhl (Quebec)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by NordiqueFan View Post
    count me for leaf so i will draft the worst team ever sorry count me has a habs fan
    That's funny! I never thought of someone doing that!!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Cool Idea. Small sample size so I wouldn't say results were generalizable but interesting nonetheless

Putting my money on Canadiens... Oilers fan here though.