Thread: dynasty league...h sedin for gomez?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default dynasty league...h sedin for gomez?

im tryin not to let henriks quiet playoffs influence me...but cant help myself- i like him long term but have a chance to get gomez for him

i know gomez is a FA and potentially a little risky to trade for w/ the not knowin where hell end up- but even if he ends up even on a crappy team he should be their number one pivot, playin w/ somewhat talented linemates... in a more creative offense w/ more freedon

anyway, opinions appreciated
    12 team yahoo h2h (standard scorin) dynasty

c- j toews/j carter/n backstrom/j tavaras
    lw- a ovechkin/d sedin/t vanek
    rw- j pominville/j voracek/a hemsky/p kessel
    d-s weber/ a goligoski
    g- r miller/s mason/s varlamov/m nuevirth

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re:dynasty league...h sedin for gomez?

Pretty even trade I\'d say.Sedin might prove the safer choice as he has been durable and improved his #\'s back to back years.Gomez dropped off this year but was without Gionta and Elias for stretches,but if your pool counts playoffs he could have a case made for him too.Tough call that shouldn\'t hurt you much either way.Not much help am I?I\'ll send you some karma for your 1st post.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Icon

I gotta say that I\'d actually be inclined to stick with sedin. He and his brother have not only showed the consistancy that wildhendy speaks about, but they have also consistantly gotten better and better...

Neither of these two guys take a lot of shots, so you don\'t have much of a contrast in the number of goals they\'ll score... and like you mention, with gomez being a free agent, he may never land in a place where he produces as well as he did with elias and gionta.

It\'s a tough call because gomez could go somewhere great, but at the same time, the sedin brothers put up like 150ish points between them this season without a true first line right winger. Just imagine what they\'ll do if vancouver can lure a talented right winger during free agency that could play with them...

My pick would be sedin, since they were both picked in the top 5 overall of their draft, so pretty much regardless who they play with, you\'d have two very high draft picks playing together all they time. Obviously draft placement doesn\'t mean everything, but it does speak to potential. I think the sedins still have more potential than gomez (especially since no one knows where gomer might be going).
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Stud

Welcome \'myothersock\':

I would stay with Sedin. In the long term he has more upside than Gomez, particularly if Vancouver can ever land a quality winger to play with the twins. The other thing about the Sedins is that they have proven to be very durable. Now if Henrik would start to think shoot instead of pass.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I like Sedin too - safer bet. He still could improve but at the very least he should maintain his current level.
    As well, I don’t know if it is reasonable but I don’t like impending ‘big name’ free agents – I feel like more often then not, if they don’t re-sign (which they often do), they end up in situations worse, from a fantasy perspective, then where they are now. I don’t have any numerical proof that the supports this but my gut tells me it is true (antidotal situations like Chara, Jovocop, A.Carter come to mind). Imagine what you would feel (as a Gomez owner) if you wake up in the morning and read “Gomez signs 6-year deal with Dallas” or “Gomez now a Leaf” or even worse “Jacque Martin looking forward to crushing the offense instincts out of newly acquired Gomez”

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

well for a full season you would have to take SEDIN, but for a playoff pool you would have to go with Gomez. Take H.Sedin and feel good about your decision.. Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Sedin, unless goals count for more than assists...only then would Gomez tempt me.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree with Dobber...Gomez might be enticing only if goals are worth more, but it would be a gamble considering you don\'t know where he will end up, if he will have chemistry with whoever.....the sure thing is the Sedins together get better each time out....keep Sedin!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Sedin as well. I lived in Van when these guys were drafted and have seen a bit of the growing process. They have always been considered the focal point of this team which guarantees you plenty of ice time. They have also continously gotten better which is an important factor, also consider that they\'re getting older and should be getting stronger as well as the fact that the rest of the old guard will be slowly phasing out over the next couple years and you have a dominant duo that should be near the top of the league soon. Can\'t go wrong with a point a game player on any team and if the trend continues who know\'s maybe close to a hundred point season with an accomplished winger for them to play with. GL with your decision.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Rookie

I might consider getting Gomez. Why? Because I think vancouver will sign Gomez this offseason and he\'ll rack up a bunch of points with them. I\'d be a perfect fit and vancouver will have the cap room. Gomez in Vancouver would rip it up!!
    10 team / 4 players + 1D +1G Keeper League / Weekly H2H
    Categories G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, FOW, Shots, Hits, W, S%, SHO
    Daily Lineup: 3C, 2LW, 2RW, 1W, 3D, 1G
    Last year's Keepers: C Getzlaf C Duchene RW P. Kane C,LW,RW Pavelski D Keith G Price
    Practice Squad: C Draisaitl, C/RW Scheifele, C/RW E. Lindholm, C/RW R Strome, C/RW Zibanejad, RW Toffoli

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Louis23 wrote:
    I might consider getting Gomez. Why? Because I think vancouver will sign Gomez this offseason and he\'ll rack up a bunch of points with them. I\'d be a perfect fit and vancouver will have the cap room. Gomez in Vancouver would rip it up!!
    Deja Vu from the other Gomez post? Maybe.

Where exactly is VAN getting this cap room from? They are so tight against the cap that last year they did not even field a full roster for part of the year to save $$$$. This year looks to be no different. Gomez will likely get $6M+. That is $4M+ out of Van price range & VAN needs a scoring winger not a playmaking centre.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

WhatThePuck? wrote:
    Louis23 wrote:
    Deja Vu from the other Gomez post? Maybe.

Where exactly is VAN getting this cap room from? They are so tight against the cap that last year they did not even field a full roster for part of the year to save $$$$. This year looks to be no different. Gomez will likely get $6M+. That is $4M+ out of Van price range & VAN needs a scoring winger not a playmaking centre.
    Bingo! Don\'t see it happening.