Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One thing I love about running the entry league sign up?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default One thing I love about running the entry league sign up?

Guys are such jokers - they get invited by Dobber under their name and an email address to join the league - I then send out the invitation to register in the league to that email address - then guys sign up under a different email address or hide their email address and give no match in their team name or the team manager name to anything I get on the original list from Dobber. So I have no clue as to who they are - well if it's only 1 name in a league I can kinda figure it out.

Now forget the fact that I am trying to juggle 56 teams into leagues and this slows me down immensely - the sheer joy this provides far outweighs any downside. This gives me no end of giggles as I begin to invision horrible tortures that I will subject them to. A colonoscopy with the splintered shaft of a broken hockey stick is presently the one I have in mind. And then there is ... oh never mind that one is too awful.

Come on folks, help me out.

My next post will be about guys who registered 2 teams in the league under two different names but the same email address. Bladder irrigation with Ben Johnson's old water bottle ....
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 15, 2010 at 3:59 AM.

Dobber Sports Master

You are obviously dealing with evil genius there Shoeless.

Dobber Sports Giant

Come on guys! Please be kind with Shoeless!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Actually it isn't that bad - and I do understand that yahoo can sometimes be involved in creating some of these problems - it is also hard for folks to imagine what I am seeing or not seeing on the backside of their registration.

We're getting close, fast - much better than last year.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    We're getting close, fast - much better than last year.
    Good to hear!

This gives me no end of giggles as I begin to invision horrible tortures that I will subject them to. A colonoscopy with the splintered shaft of a broken hockey stick is presently the one I have in mind. And then there is ... oh never mind that one is too awful.

Bladder irrigation with Ben Johnson's old water bottle ....
    lmao, awesome, shoeless! 'Bout time the dark side was unveiled. I knew it was there somewhere, just had to be coaxed out of hiding. Who knew entry league registration would do it?

Or maybe too much soju put your super ego to sleep, and let Mr. Id loose upon the world! Anyway, I like it!!!
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lmao, awesome, shoeless! 'Bout time the dark side was unveiled. I knew it was there somewhere, just had to be coaxed out of hiding. Who knew entry league registration would do it?

Or maybe too much soju put your super ego to sleep, and let Mr. Id loose upon the world! Anyway, I like it!!!
    Shut up and chase ambulances will ya. Talking to a psychologist about a theory he doesn't subscribe to, is almost as bad as double registering in an entry league that he is trying to set up.

Besides makoli is my drink of choice these days - soju can do strange things to reality.

Shut up and chase ambulances will ya. Talking to a psychologist about a theory he doesn't subscribe to, is almost as bad as double registering in an entry league that he is trying to set up.

Besides makoli is my drink of choice these days - soju can do strange things to reality.
    lmao...atta boy! Ironically, you're proving a theory to which you don't subscribe.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    lmao...atta boy! Ironically, you're proving a theory to which you don't subscribe.
    Oh boy do you ever need a lesson in modus tollens.

Dobber Sports Assistant Manager

I'm loving these comebacks and discussion! Why haven't we seen this side of you before Shoeless?

Who knew all it took was some joker GMs trying (or unintentionally trying) to mess with you when registering for entry leagues, haha :P

On a side note, Bomm changes his avatar just as much as a woman debating on what shoes to wear!

Last edited by GMGates; September 15, 2010 at 12:01 PM.
    Gates Imbeau
    DobberHockey's HHOF - 2013 Builder's Category
    Twitter: @GM_Gates

Oh boy do you ever need a lesson in modus tollens.
    You mean another, but yes, it has been quite some since my undergrad days of philosophy, logic, and popper.

Mine was really more of an approximation, anyway...for the sake of busting your chops.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    I'm loving these comebacks and discussion! Why haven't we seen this side of you before Shoeless?

Who knew all it took was some joker GMs trying (or unintentionally trying) to mess with you when registering for entry leagues, haha :P

On a side note, Bomm changes his avatar just as much as a woman debating on what shoes to wear!

lol....I'm a fickle bee-ATCH that way. Right now the voices like a more minimalistic avatar.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

There ya go - a new nickname is born - Bomm 'Approximately' Bastic, we can call you Babs for short - better than "Somm Spastic Elastic' I guess - that would shorten up to SSEs and get you in a pool and lord knows what people would think.
    Last edited by Shoeless; September 15, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

C'mon now, you know approximations have to be used with regard to theories. There's no strict truth or falsity to this stuff. Unless we use it in terms of something more individualized like...ohhhhhhh, I dunno...

Shoeless is a wise and noble man, when he hasn't been sippin' the makoli.
    He's been sippin the makoli.
    Therefore.....

lol....this is fun, thanks Shoeless. I was having an otherwise dull morning. I do believe I want to fly out to S.Korea and have a snort or two with you.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Don't underestimate the world's affections for a drunk, wise and noble man.

Yeah, we could meet here, but how about on the steps of Angkor Wat in February? - bring the lady - well I am approximating she is a lady - but if she isn't - lucky you.