View Poll Results: (Poll) Will Tim Thomas be traded this season?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 26.83%
  • No

30 73.17%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: (Poll) Will Tim Thomas be traded this season?

Dobber Sports Genius

I vote yes, he will be traded..around or at the deadline.

I believe the B's are commited to Rask for thier goalie of the future and Thomas will be shopped, and there will be a team who feel that a high end goalie could get them into the playoffs/to the cup.

As far as his contract goes, it is heavy for a team against the cap and who have a young stud they would gladly give the reigns to if they can find a buyer for Thomas. Thomas' contract however is fine for a team in need of goalie with Thomas' credentials and monry to spare.

I think some people might be thinking that it's an impossible trade because most teams would expose and take advantage of this unique situation in Beantown and not offer much, but the Bruins will be happy to move him for free just to get some cap space.

I'd expect a move to a contender or a team making a playoff push for maybe a 2nd rnd draft choice.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    They will need Timmy when Rask gets tired and sloppy in the 2nd half of the season..
    exactly, he's an excellent goalie, you've already signed him, why trade him? As we saw this offseason, the market for goalies has bottomed out, no team in the league is going to take on that salary

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    As we saw this offseason, the market for goalies has bottomed out, no team in the league is going to take on that salary
    IMO, that's supply and demand. It's just like when a fantasy owner tries to trade marginal players before the draft, and all the other G.M's don't want to make those deals because of all of the players that are still available. After the season start's, that when guys start to notice hole's in thier lineup that can't be filled on the waiver wire, or unexpected contenders emerge. All of the sudden, the players who weren't very valuable pre-draft have alot more value.

I think the same scenario's could occur in Thomas' case. There a few teams in the league who could fit in a Vezina winner, and I don't believe the low contracts we seaw handed out to goalies this offseason will become a pattern.