Dobber Sports Veteran

Awful, awful trade dude.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
    Especially since I did not trade him to you.
    That isn't the issue. If I offered you less, I'd have no problem. I know there was another offer that was better than his, and it was probably better than mine as well.

He has Kane, Toews, and Ryan who are all better than Stastny. You got his 4th best forward.

He has good young defenseman in Carlson, del Zotto, Hedman, and Letang. Not to mention Enstrom. And you get Quincey.

I know it's over with but I still can't even understand how the trade could be appealing to you. He had the necessary assets to get a good deal for Crosby. I know he was not willing to give up what it takes to normally get Crosby since he said Kane and Rask is too much for Sid which isn't at all.

But whatever, you choose to run your team a certain way. Good luck this year.

Dobber Sports Pro

geez...

after looking at the other offers you got for Crosby, if I were in your league I would definitely think you were cheating and stacking your friends team or something. either that or you are in love with Bryzgalov and think Stastny is a 100 point player. looks sketchy to me

Dobber Sports Legend

Ouch!! Not a trade I would have made.

Swap Turris with Eberle, Hall, Seguin or Duchene and it Quincey for someone like Kaberle and it is a decent deal. It should take a package like Stastny, Duchene, Tarasenko, Kaberle and Bryzgalov for Crosby.

If Turris continues to be a project and Bryzgalov ends up out of the NHL, this move is a disaster. Tarasenko is a long-term project (like 3-4 years away from ok production) and Quincey is a no thrills D-man.

Stastny is steady 75-85 Pt. production which is fine, but other than maybe Bryzgalov, there is not much here to gush over. Certainly not Crosby-worthy. You need to hope that the Yotes lock up Bryzgalov long-term as the KHL will no doubt open the vault for him.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by playmaker26 View Post
    That isn't the issue. If I offered you less, I'd have no problem. I know there was another offer that was better than his, and it was probably better than mine as well.

He has Kane, Toews, and Ryan who are all better than Stastny. You got his 4th best forward.

He has good young defenseman in Carlson, del Zotto, Hedman, and Letang. Not to mention Enstrom. And you get Quincey.

I know it's over with but I still can't even understand how the trade could be appealing to you. He had the necessary assets to get a good deal for Crosby. I know he was not willing to give up what it takes to normally get Crosby since he said Kane and Rask is too much for Sid which isn't at all.

But whatever, you choose to run your team a certain way. Good luck this year.
    Wow, I just read this post. Yeah, it would have been: Kane, Carlson and Rask or I would have stood pat with Crosby.

NO WAY would I have settled for Turris and Quincy types with the other talent on his roster. And I would have demanded Rask instead of Bryzgalov.

You literally got his 5th and 7th best players, a dime-a-dozen defenseman and two prospects (who are long-term projects) for one of the two best players on the planet. Crazy stuff.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

(F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Kickerz View Post
    I was offered Marleau, E, Johnsson, and M. Savard for Malkin earlier this year. It was rejected almost instantly. I did throw back a counter to realign expectations. That counter looked like this: Tavares, Parise, Doughty and Marleau. Was there some wiggle room there, possibly.
    Tavares, Parise, Doughty and Marleau for Malkin? ROTFL. That is just obsurd Kickerz lol. That offer should get you Crosby or Ovechkin instantly and is close to landing a player like Mario Lemieux in his prime.

Malkin is a 90-115 point player. Parise alone is an 85-95 Pt. guy. Doughty is the 2nd best keeper D-man in all of hockey. Tavares is a future megastar and Marleau is a 75-85 Pt. guy too.

This is the flip side of the bad deal that Superchief made for Crosby. Asking for this kind of package for a Malkin/Backstrom type of player is silly. Parise and Doughty alone should land Malkin ASAP.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

Dobber Sports Ace

You have to keep in mine that I also stated that I had no interest in moving Malkin before he sent the offer. I believe Malkin will be scoring 140 points in his prime.

Parise 85, Marleau 85,

170 points poitns.

Maklin and anyone = 170 point if Malkin scores 140. At the end of the day I would have probably taken Parise, Marleau and Doughty.
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

ok ok, lets just forget about the whole trading thing and do it another way. Keep all your golden apples instead of trading for older or green apples and go out and forage around for other budding crops and seedlings and build your own damn orchard. If anyone wants in they will have to pay very expensive taxes and be subject to leaving all their clothing behind.
    8 Team Dynasty
    Keep 25 (3C,3R,3L,5D,2G,2Util,7Bn)
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SH
    W,L,GA,SV,SO

Active Roster
    C - Crosby, Backstrom, M.Richards, Carter, Mueller
    RW - Kane, Perry, Kessel, Hemsky, Backes
    LW - Nash, Vanek, Frolov, Laich, Neal
    D - Markov, Phanuef, Yandle, Edler, (empty)
    G - Fleury, Price, Halak, Elliot, Leclaire

Farm - Rask, Duchene, Markstrom, E.Kane, Subban, Skinner, Nyquist, Tatar, Beach, Stalock

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    Wow, I just read this post. Yeah, it would have been: Kane, Carlson and Rask or I would have stood pat with Crosby.

NO WAY would I have settled for Turris and Quincy types with the other talent on his roster. And I would have demanded Rask instead of Bryzgalov.

You literally got his 5th and 7th best players, a dime-a-dozen defenseman and two prospects (who are long-term projects) for one of the two best players on the planet. Crazy stuff.
    How about Parise, Karlsson, and Ward for Crosby?
    Team:
    Eichel, Panarin, Tavares,
    Werenski
    Markstrom
    Stats:
    G,A,+-,PPG,PPA,SHG.SHA,SOG,PIM,GA,W,SV,SO,SHOW,SHOL

Dobber Sports Sage

If I have Crosby, I'd want more.

I would have done that trade if you made that offer.

Dobber Sports Legend

That is a lot more reasonable than what you received IMO.

Parise is a superstar 85-95 pointer and Karlsson is one of the best young offensive D-men to own in a keeper. Ward is a young top goalie with zero KHL flight risk.

But I would not have given up any picks/assets with Crosby. Ovie and Crosby are pure gold, a step ahead of Malkin and Backstrom. They are 110-125 point guys and the asking price should be steep.

If Parise is an annual 85-90 guy and Karlsson ends up a steady 55-60 D-man and Ward is rock solid, this deal is sort of fair.
    8-GM / WK-H2H

He played hardball like everyone else. Sometimes I feel as if I couldn't get a fair deal if I was offering a one-night stand with Scarlet Johansson.

Wooooow, slow down there, big fella. Don't sell yourself short. You get S-J on the line...we'll talk.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Wooooow, slow down there, big fella. Don't sell yourself short. You get S-J on the line...we'll talk.

LOL.

In the end, it happened, its over and I move on.

I have just learned to play hardball and go by the rule "if I can't get what I want no move is better than a bad move."

End Of Story.
    Team:
    Eichel, Panarin, Tavares,
    Werenski
    Markstrom
    Stats:
    G,A,+-,PPG,PPA,SHG.SHA,SOG,PIM,GA,W,SV,SO,SHOW,SHOL