Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
I think that there is hesitation by women to "out" themselves. I wish it wasn't so because I've been treated with nothing but respect since coming out here but I have to admit that I felt that I had to somewhat establish myself on the forums first before coming forward.

That had nothing to do with anyone or anything that happened on the forums but more so from life experience where my opinion and hockey knowledge has been minimized while joining in conversations about hockey with men.

That's why being on a hockey forum levels the playing field because it's anonymous.

A lot of men still feel that a woman's interest in hockey extends only to liking a team because she likes the colour of the uniforms or thinks player X is hot. Or the other extreme where men feel intimidated when a woman knows as much or even more. I've experienced both in real life.

Luckily that has never happen here.
Some of the smartest hockey minds I know are women actually. I know of one other woman on these boards and she is very knowledgeable. I wish there were more that came on here.