Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Nhl goalie depth charts

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    But you come in here and act like you know it all. The D vs D- ranking is a minor thing if you happen to disagree. Move on to the next page. For what it's worth, I would rank Winnipeg over Toronto, but I don't throw a fit because I don't agree with his assessment. He knows his stuff, otherwise he wouldn't be as successful as he has been.
    I don't know it all, or I would win my draft every year, but I do not like incompetance. I believe the goalie guild REALLY screwed up on this one.

I'm moving on though. Last post on this thread. I do like Dobbers though.
    Last edited by progie; January 12, 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by progie View Post
    I don't know it all, or I would win my draft every year, but I do not like incompetance. I believe the goalie guild REALLY screwed up on this one.
    If you are going to nitpick to this point you are not going to like any guides because none of them are 100% correct. If you think they are supposed to be factual then the joke is on you because they are just guides. Did you read the rest of the guide or do you just find something you don't agree with and complain?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Monster

It's to prove a point that the goalie guild is out to lunch on this update. The jets have a much better tandem and farm system than the leafs do at this time. How does this guy rate them as a d for the leafs, and a d- for the jets. It's not that hard to comprehend, is it?

This could all change on Sunday, if Lou moves to TO
    Progie, you do not have to agree with everything you read or what others have to say, everyone is entitled to opinions, but please respect the amount of time , work and energy that Justin puts into this. What he does is extremly beneficial for a lot of members.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

put a poll up

Reimer/scrivens/owuya/whoever

Against

Pavelich/montoy/derkanich/Pasquale

I'll eat my words if I lose.
    Reimer and Pavy have both had limited success...reimer also bust onto the scene in a major way 2 years ago. I'd be inclined to equate these 2. Skrivy is best known fogive r his puck handling skills which I've seen first hand. Pretty sick. Montoya is best known (not really sure...I know he's getting good reviews...but for me...he's a lucky islanders cast off...good for him). I'd give the edge slightly to the leaf tandem. Rynas is decent but nothing to write home about. Derk and pasq both seem better than Rynas...I'd say their both in trouble...Winn and Toronto nearly equally. But I'll give a.slight...SLIGHT edge to the leafs here for my poll results. But D and D minus sounds accurate.

The King of Diatribes

The Leafs are in the D range because they don't draft good goalies, and the good goalies they do draft get traded (Rask). They also rush goalies into roles they're not truly ready for. I don't think Scrivens is ready to be an NHL backup. He can handle the role, but he needs more polishing in the AHL. They did that with Gustavsson as well. He should have spent a season in the AHL and then moved up to the NHL. Bad mistake. They try to sign goalies from Europe or out of college, but that's not how you create a systematic approach to developing goalies. I could go on and on here. Any team that feels Pogge is an NHL goalie should get a straight up "F" in my book.

The Team Grades are not a straight projection of talent. It has to do with how they develop, draft, scout, etc. A lot more goes into these grades than just looking at the current talent level of each goalie in the system and then assigning a grade. It has to do with the organization's development.

I also don't know everything that goes into a team's approach to development, so it's just one dude's opinion. It is by no means some crazy formulaic statistical mathematical program that cranks out grades. It's my thoughts on what I've learned over the years, and I re-evaluate from month-to-month. If Detroit gets some decent games from Gustavsson and Mrazek continues to play well in the AHL, their grade is going to improve, especially since they have two goalie coaches, the second being Osgood, who is still new to the role, but from what I've been learning, he's having a really good impact on Mrazek. The rest of their prospects are excess weight (McCollum is not salvageable IMO and Pearce is going back to school to be a doctor after this season) except Paterson who is a nice little sleeper prospect.

The Jets draft terribly. Carrozzi, FPW (I like him, but they let him walk), and everyone else except Pasquale have been misses. They lost Lehtonen. Just look at the recent history from the last few seasons when they were the Thrashers. They had a good goalie coach in Malarchuk for a while, but he's gone now. Just no consistency. Hellebucyk and Phillips and Kasdorf are not the type of goalies you can consider to be highly touted prospects at all. Hellebuyck was one of the worst selections I've seen in the last 4-5 years for a goalie. Last season in the NAHL there were a few times I heard he could barely even skate. He is as raw and as "long-term project" as it comes. At least he has size...

I spend a lot of time talking to scouts and learning about how an organization handles their goaltending. The grades are not a projection of straight talent ... it's grading them on how they develop and draft and scout and do everything a team does to improve their goaltending. It's a system. Some teams have no system at all (Colorado, Winnipeg, New Jersey). Some teams put a lot of $$ and energy and focus on goaltending (Nashville, LA, Vancouver).

Also keep in mind the grades are weighed against each other. Toronto and Winnipeg are in the D range compared to the rest of the NHL teams. They clearly have talent in terms of Pavelec and prospects like Rynnas, but every team has good prospects...even Colorado with Aittokallio and New Jersey with Wedgewood.

Progie ... I think that's awesome you've played many years at the pro level. You should be proud of that. I haven't played a day of pro hockey in my entire life. If you want clarification on something, just ask. That's why I take the time to keep my forum account going on here, because I know a lot of the stuff I say is just one goalie scout's opinion, nobody is expected to agree, and the nature of goalie evaluation is that things can go a million different ways at the drop of a hat. Like you said, Luongo going to Toronto drops Vancouver's grade and bolsters Toronto's ... it's really not that hard to understand.

The King of Diatribes

OK here is the Adjusted Goalie Workload Projections, which I completed after the schedule came out over the weekend. Enjoy!

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/the-goa...ad-projections

Also be sure to join the Live Goalie Q&A Chat I'm hosting right here on DobberHockey tomorrow at 11am EST. I'll be answering questions until my fingers fall off to get everyone prepped for the regular season!

The King of Diatribes

I updated the Depth Charts with the Boucher-Ellis moves, as well as the Henrik Karlsson acquisition.

http://thegoalieguild.com/depthcharts

Dobber Sports Rookie

I'm trying to find matt Hackett....is he in Houston or minty?

The King of Diatribes

Sorry I forgot to update this thread with the revised NHL Depth Charts. They were posted back on 2/5 though!

The King of Diatribes

NHL Depth Charts for April, including all moves at the Trade Deadline and revised Team Grades, now posted. Free download!

The King of Diatribes

NHL Depth Charts for the month of May have been posted. I went ahead and noted every RFA/UFA goalie for you as well. The "R" and "U" alteration marks are self-explanatory. Enjoy!

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/depthcharts/

The King of Diatribes

Just an FYI that these will continue to be posted every month. But they are housed over at McKeen's Hockey:

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/goalie-guild/depthcharts

Enjoy!

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Nhl goalie depth charts

is this still being added someplace? cant find it on your site.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Is this thread closed?? I need to know what's happening in Calgary??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Pro

If anyone knows where to go to get this kind of goalie info, please share.
    HTH Daily League, 8 teams, (goals, ppp, +/-, assists, SOG, W, GAA, SV%) keepers in Bold.

C (s3) EP40, ​Trocheck, Marchessault LW, Horvat

LW (s3) Johnny Hockey, Parise, Terivinen RW, Meier RW
    RW(s3) Wheeler C, Taresenko, Atkinson, Gallagher
    Until(s1)

D (s4) Carlson, Yandle, Jones, Trouba

G Dubnyk, Rittich, Markstrom, Binnington

IR Ehlers, Hall