Thread: Cammalerri

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Cammalerri

If you had the chance to aquire Cammalerri would you? What do you see in the next few years with his production? Remember he is only 24.

And another 24 year old I could possibly aquire would be his line-mate, Frolov... What do you guys think??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:Cammalerri

Any guys from L.A. is going to reward you offensively in the next few seasons. Face it, Kopitar is only going to be better next season and is going to pass a lot to Cammalleri & Frolov.

I compare L.A. offensively in a couple of seasons with Nashville & Buffalo of this season.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Icon

Cammalleri is darn good.

I would like to see what you were thinking about trading for him, but he is DEFINITELY worth aquiring for the right price. Like Fergie Ferg said, LA will be putting up huge points over the next few years and he\'ll be a huge part of that. 90+ points for the next 2-3 years is by no means out of the question.

He is only 5-9, 185 and is one of the quicker guys in the league. The league favors guys like him nowadays... He was also 11th in the league this year with 299 shots on goal (as we all know more shots = more goals/assists).

He got 55 points last season playing on a second line (behind demitra, conroy, and frolov) with nobody. This season (and in the future) he\'ll likely be skating with Kopitar and Frolov (who will only get better and more consistant).

Get him now, while people think his production this year was a fluke.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I already grabbed him near our trade deadline. Got him relatively cheap and droolin over next years stats already.
    Gotta figure at least 85 pts 40 G. 45 A.
    Man if Souray winds up in LA with Visnovsky on the other point and Cammy, Kopitar and Frolov on the PP, ca-ching ca-ching!hmy:
    But even without Souray it still will be a unreal PP.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

lanks you really believe cammy will put up 90 points. top 10 in points? If that is the case I am going to offer something up right away. Maybe his owner will be sleeping..

What do you think of Frolov\'s numbers in the next few years? Also one more step O\'Sullivan??

Dobber Sports Icon

The reason I think 90+ points is a possiblity/probabiltiy is because he put up 80 this season with practically no help. He had 80 points this year, with kopitar out for 10 games and frolov\'s play still going up and down (because of consistancy issues). Add to that an improved kopitar next season, frolov with increased consistancy, and patrick o\'sullivan and jack johnson joining the team full-time and you have a recipe for success.

I think that once frolov develops some more consistancy (he\'s been getting better at it over the past couple of seasons), he\'ll hit 80-85 points on this team. O\'Sullivan could hit anywhere from 65-90 depending on where he fits in AND how hard he tries. His training camp was far worse than ANYONE expected, and although he is still not a dud by any means, 90-100 points might be out of the question for him...

Also, I think that Cammalleri will probably stay on a line with kopitar and frolov, but if O\'Sully steps up bigtime, he could possibly replace one of them. Regardless, whoever gets stuck on the second line (odd man out) will produce a little bit less.

This team will be deisel in a few years. All their top line players are young (including their goalie Labarbara) - that\'s something pittsburgh cannot even claim (because of Recchi). Also unlike pittsburgh, LA has 2 young marquis wingers and 2 young marquis centers. Pitt\'s depth at center is amazing, but they don\'t have any GREAT young wingers like LA does (just watch the pittburgh lines shuffle). As these LA kids develop, they will be huge influences in both the NHL and fantasy circles.

LA has been managed very well and they have a HELL of a coach (one of the best in the league in my mind). Look out for these guys in a couple of seasons.

Post edited by: lanky522, at: 2007/04/25 13:48
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Totally back everythin that Lanky said cept the opinion on Crow there we agree to disagree.
    Scuse me while I go on a rant here.:P
    Crow is vastly overated period.
    I coulda won the cup with the team he iced in Colorado.
    But in Vancouver he could\'nt do s_it and that team was loaded with talent!
    He convinced the LA brass that Clouts was the 2nd coming! Of what Redlite Racicot! Bumped him up a mill plus a extension. Crow is just another coach.. bottom half type.
    Now Veenyo.. thats a coach and he\'s still learning.

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

Dobber Sports Padawan

I traded him for a hurt guy so I could acquire Radulov last year. Had I not had a shot at A-Rad I\'d be keeping Cam.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Icon

I suppose he\'s the Marty Schottenheimer of hockey... He\'s a great coach during the regular season, getting his players to put up points, while playing good defense, but his teams do choke come playoff time. Luckily for me, all I really care about is regular season stats for my keeper pools...

He\'s a very good coach for developing teams into powerhouses though, just look what he did in vancouver. Nobody respected vancouver before he went there, and although he didn\'t ever do great in the playoffs, he and Brian Burke laid the seeds for Vancouver to be good for years to come.

The cloutier thing was a screw up, but a small one. They still have Labarbara in the system, and they got him fairly cheap. They\'ve also acquired numerous great young players that were taken very high in their respective drafts.

Crawford might not be the best coach come playoff time, but he\'s a pretty darn good one during the regular season, and he\'s exactly what this developing team needs.

You could argue that that Ken the Hitch is a bad coach because his teams always lose in the playoffs (or don\'t make it at all), but I think you\'d be alone in that thinking.
    Roster Limit(s):

Thanks boys,especially Lanks, you seem to be very up-to-date on the LA situation. While were on the topic who will be their starter next season? Garon? Labarbara?

And what do you think of D.Brown stats for the next few seasons. Man LA is loaded. Time to start trading... Z..

Lanks..
    We don\'t see eye to eye on Crow but thats OK pal. It would be pretty boring if we all saw things the same. I still respect your opinion. (but just barely as Crow is a bit of a sore point with me ) You like him I don\'t.
    Time will tell I guess.

Dobber Sports Pro

Zorro wrote:
    Thanks boys,especially Lanks, you seem to be very up-to-date on the LA situation. While were on the topic who will be their starter next season? Garon? Labarbara?
    You know, I might be biased because I had him on my main fantasy team this year, but Garon can be their starter. He puts up good numbers in front of...well, you saw what they had last year and where they ended up.

Garon went 13-10-6 with 2 SO, 2.66 GAA, and a .907 Sv%.
    Burke went 6-10-5 with 1 SO, 3.11 GAA, and a .901 Sv%.
    Clouts went 6-14-2 with 0 SO, 3.98 GAA, and a .860 Sv%.
    Brust went 2-4-1 with 0 SO, 3.70 GAA, and a .878 Sv%.

I won\'t even mention Fukufuji\'s numbers, they\'re so poor. Of course, he\'s nowhere near NHL level right now.
    Point in case is that Garon was FAR better than any of their other goalies and at least would have kept LA in better standing at the end.
    His GAA was good for 18th, tied for 21st in Sv%. Now consider where his team finished in standings, that 16 of the 17 in front of him in GAA were on playoff teams(Manny legace being in front), and that only 4 of the 22 above him weren\'t on playoff teams as well(Huet 11th,Kolzig 18th, Roloson 19th, Legace 21st).
    Sure, it\'s a short sample of 32 games, but he\'s posted good numbers on a sub-par team. A team that only marginally finished ahead in goals per game over Vancouver and Dallas.(2.72 to DAL/VAN\'s 2.65). Whose Penalty-Kill was the worst in the league, being 9 penalty kills away from 8th in terms of Short handed Situations(they\'re 15th with 411).
    All I hear about LA is how bad their goalies are, and how they need a new one, but they don\'t get much support. They might not be the best goalies, but their two best ones can hold the fort pretty well statistically. LA needs defense that can do something, so if Crawford teaches good defense, imagine how bad they would have been on the PK without his help.

Anyways
    LaBarbera did amazing this year in the A, and Garon(in his limited time) played more solid than before.
    If I were LA, I\'d go after a big name goalie if I were to go after any goalie. If it were someone like Giguere, or maybe even Niklas Backstrom, yeah, go ahead. But if they\'re stupid and think Clouts and Labarbera splitting time will do them any good, they\'ll end up with a nice pick in the \'08 Entry draft.
    LaBarbera being RFA, and Garon being UFA(same with Burke, but no one should want him), they have some decisions to make.
    That said, I think with LaBarbera and Garon splitting time(whether it\'s lopsided ratios or not), they\'ll be fine in the backend. Just get them some support up front.

Cammalleri
    Man, that kid can play. I\'ve been trying to trade for him over the last year with no success, while another manager somehow stole him away for peanuts. I agree that he can be a 90 point player, but since I\'ve heard some people saying he\'s a fluke, I\'d trade for him as if his value was a 70 point player, using a \"brand Name\" player to lure the manager, with a little sweet talking.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Regarding: Starting goaltender in L.A.

You make mention of Garon and LaBarbera. I don\'t think that you can count Cloutier out of the mix. Their goaltending situation is very muddy. From a fantasy point of view I think it is very difficult to anticipate (guess) who their starter will be. It comes down to Cloutier\'s rehab program and how he does in training camp. Management invested a lot of money in this guy and need to save face. It is Cloutier\'s job to lose depending on whether or not his rehab was successful. If his rehab wasn\'t successful, they will be getting a goaltender and use LaBarbera or Garon as a backup. Cloutier could still be the starter albeit I wouldn\'t want to put the weight of my team\'s success on his shoulders.

Dobber Sports Pro

hockeylifer wrote:
    Regarding: Starting goaltender in L.A.

You make mention of Garon and LaBarbera. I don\'t think that you can count Cloutier out of the mix. Their goaltending situation is very muddy. From a fantasy point of view I think it is very difficult to anticipate (guess) who their starter will be. It comes down to Cloutier\'s rehab program and how he does in training camp. Management invested a lot of money in this guy and need to save face. It is Cloutier\'s job to lose depending on whether or not his rehab was successful. If his rehab wasn\'t successful, they will be getting a goaltender and use LaBarbera or Garon as a backup. Cloutier could still be the starter albeit I wouldn\'t want to put the weight of my team\'s success on his shoulders.
    If Clouts can step up and prove people wrong next year, that\'s awesome. I like seeing players who\'ve fallen to great depths rise back up to be solid again. That said, Cloutier has never been all that solid. Maybe 1 season in Vancouver. They paid him way too much money, likely because Crawford was high on Clouts\' Kool-Aid, but sometimes a business needs to do what\'s right for the team, and they could take a lesson from Lou Lamoriello in sending Danny-boy down to the AHL if he doesn\'t step up his game. This team, with a bit of defensive work, could be decent this coming year. Brown, Kopitar, Frolov, Cammalleri, O\'Sullivan, Armstrong providing the offense could be quite dangerous pending their development as players(and their consistency). Then shore up the defense with a UFA signee or two, and then deal with goaltending in house, or get someone like Backstrom on a Huet-like contract.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Icon

Ok... I\'m gonna adress multiple issues in one post.

Cloutier
    He\'s a bum. I say this as a long time fan of Canadian teams (Vancouver in particular). I watched this guy for years in British Columbia with AGONY. He wasn\'t great when he played for the Rangers, and the only thing he\'s good for is goalie fighting (he is a pretty darn good fighter btw)... other than being a thug, he has no use... He always just seemed like a substitute until Vancouver good develop a goalie in their system, or get a better one through free agency or trades. He is the sole reason why vancouver never made it anywhere in the playoffs during the 2002 and 2003 seasons.

Cloutier should NEVER, I repeat, NEVER be relied on to start for ANY team EVER again. He is a great backup, but he just can\'t handle starting duties... He\'s a Chris Osgood.

Auld stole his job. Enough said.

Garon/Labarbara
    I don\'t know much about the rules and the rigamarole that plays into calling players up from the ahl. I\'m pretty sure though, that the reason Labarbara didn\'t play with the big squad this year was because he\'d have to clear waivers if they wanted to call him up. Obviously, he is fantabulous, so some other team would steal him - that is my understanding about the current season... correct me if I\'m wrong please.

As for next year, I think if they can call up Labarbara, they should. He\'s as good (if not better) than many of the other young goalies out there. He has already been tested at the nhl level, and smashed the ahl this year with his play. If he is on this team next season, I wouldn\'t be surprised to see them in the thick of things come playoff time. But again, I don\'t know the rules on this issue (if they can call him up or not), so I can\'t speak in absolutes on this issue.

Crawford
    Yeah, I still think he\'s a good coach to develop talent, but having watched the canucks for years, it was somewhat frustrating everytime they exited the playoffs early. I tell you though, crawford hockey is FUN to watch. He coaches his guys to play a fast paced, open style that makes his teams some of the most entertaining to watch... for what that\'s worth.

Cammalleri
    I\'d say that this guy could be one of the most underrated guys in fantasy hockey. The things he can do on the ice are amazing, and he\'s still just 25 years old this june... He will be one of the higher point getting guys on this tremendous looking young team for years.

He hasn\'t been hyped really at all in the mainstream, so many owners don\'t realize what they have. Stupid fantasy owners who can\'t see into the future, will think that the 80 point season was a fluke and trade him fairly easily still at this point (i think), so if you can steal him, DO IT. This 80 point season wasn\'t a fluke. As this team matures, he will continue to put up points. You have to remember that next season he\'ll have jack johnson and patrick o\'sully to play with too. His value is only going up at this point.
    Roster Limit(s):