Thread: Sakic, Alfie & Chara

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Sakic, Alfie & Chara

I\'ve been offered Sakic, Alfredsson & Chara for my Perry, Semin, Bourdon & Kostitsyn. I\'ve pretty much made up my mind, but I\'m just curious who would do this trade?

Also, I\'d like hear your thoughts on some of these questions:

1- How many years does Sakic have left? One.. Two or More?
    2- Will we see Alfie\'s production decline from now on?
    3- Chara.. Has never reach the 50 pts mark... can he reach it?

Thanks.

Post edited by: Qube, at: 2007/04/22 22:13
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re:Sakic, Alfie & Chara

I would do this trade if it will put you over the top and give you the inside track on next years cup.If it will only help you into say 3rd place or so I wouldn\'t as your giving some good youngsters.I think Sakic has 2more decent years and then walks while hes still good.Alfie should still be an 85-95 pt guy for a few more and yes I think Chara will hit 50pts--next year.
    God bless us,everyone of us!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Agreed. This pays you off in the short run for the long-term value of your guys.

1. Sakic is a solid producer for more than two... Trust me, he\'ll warn us before he retires.
    2. Alfie\'s production won\'t decline for a while yet, imho.
    3. No [sry WildHendy]. Not unless Boston uses him as a Ryan Smyth-like screen on the PP, and the rest of the Bruins PP becomes as good as the Sens PP used to be with Zdeno, and then some...

Perry... has lotsa upside, but so do half the top-six forwards in the NHL.
    Semin... the real deal. Your biggest loss here, I figure.
    Bourdon... is Vancouver ready for another Bieksa, so soon? I think not. If he plays, it\'s a role.
    Kostitsyn... I like him better than Perry, maybe. Sneakier management too.

I say make this trade and go older, but only if the short run is REAL good for you.

If Montreal goes younger and more Sabre-like, Kostitsyn becomes Sabre-like good.
    Ditto-squared for the Caps and Semin.

Corey Perry is already on a winning-formula team, so his trendline shouldn\'t change much.

Bourdon meh... Replaceable.

It\'s about which year(s) you want to win.

I finished dead last this year... It was my intention anyhow. I wanted to get a good 1st pick.
    My first year in a keeper and there weren\'t that many great experienced players left so I had to go young.
    My plan for next year is to finish 3rd.. I think it\'s fairly realistic of a goal. But I will have to make smart trades to get there.
    One other detail I forgot to mentioned, it\'s a league with a salary cap (44 M).
    So with this deal, the other GM is trying to unload 11 M of salary.
    Beside another team, I\'m the only one who can absord such a huge salary raise.

There are about 4-5 other teams that have cap problems for next year.

So I know that other teams will come to me and ask for my young guys (Perry, Semin, Backstrom, E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Hemsky).

I think this trade will definetly help me, but I think I can do better.
    11 Teams Keeper League
    Start 12 FWDs, 6 Ds & 2 Gs

F: Getzlaf, Perry, Backstrom, Parise, Iginla, D. Roy, Hudler, Antropov, Tanguay, Weiss, A. Kostitsyn, Huselius, Steen, Gerbe, Radulov
    D: Markov, R. Whitney, Letang, Carlson, OEL, Del Zotto, Rundblad, White, Kindl
    G: Kiprusoff, Halak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would see if he would do a chara for bourdon. I wouldn\'t trade semin, perry and kostitsyn all together. Trade Perry and Bourdon for Chara and Alffy. See what your fellow GM says about that..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Qube wrote:
    I finished dead last this year... It was my intention anyhow. I wanted to get a good 1st pick.
    My first year in a keeper and there weren\'t that many great experienced players left so I had to go young.
    My plan for next year is to finish 3rd.. I think it\'s fairly realistic of a goal. But I will have to make smart trades to get there.
    One other detail I forgot to mentioned, it\'s a league with a salary cap (44 M).
    So with this deal, the other GM is trying to unload 11 M of salary.
    Beside another team, I\'m the only one who can absord such a huge salary raise.

There are about 4-5 other teams that have cap problems for next year.

So I know that other teams will come to me and ask for my young guys (Perry, Semin, Backstrom, E. Johnson, J. Johnson, Hemsky).

I think this trade will definetly help me, but I think I can do better.
    If this deal was to push you into 1st place, I\'d do it. Otherwise, I\'d pass. You get a nice package in return for the youngsters, but its worthless to you since the veterans won\'t help you win it all. If I were you, I\'d stick to the young guns unless you could get a talented player under 30 (e.g. Lecavalier or Datsyuk are some high priced quality players under 30 you could target).

Ok, so I\'m a bit late on replying, but re: Bourdon, I\'ve been looking at the Canucks\' cap situation. If he makes the big club next year, he\'ll be getting $1.35 million, and the Canucks can\'t afford it. Guaranteed he\'s in the AHL next season.

Also to consider for the following season(s) is that Ohlund, Mitchell and Salo are locked up (through 2009, 2010 and 2011 respectively). Given his play, I would also guess that Bieksa gets extended with a raise before the end of next season. It\'s unlikely that the Canucks will want to pay Bourdon $1.35 million to stagnate in the 5th or 6th spot. Also keep in mind that, provided they\'re still with the team, Naslund\'s and Morrison\'s contracts are up in 2008, meaning that the Canucks are either going to have to fork over some good money to re-sign them or for their replacements. Cap-wise, I\'d guess that Bourdon doesn\'t get out of the AHL for at least the next 2 years.

Sum total: Bourdon will not produce any NHL points (except for call-ups) until at least the 2009-10 season, so that may not fit in with a goal of finishing 3rd next season.
    Full Keeper Team, straight points, no PIMs:
    C Under construction
    LW Under construction
    RW Under construction
    D Under construction
    G Under construction
    Farm Under construction