Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaberle Week

Dobber Sports Wizard

When Kabs had 3 yrs left on his contract he was worth a yet to be proven Carter.

With 2 yrs left he was worth Kessel IF the Leafs included a 1st...

With one year left?

I think for Burke to get a Neal or similar then Kabs would have to talk to that team and agree on an extension ahead of time with a cap friendly wage and he'd want a NTC.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    http://thestar.blogs.com/thespin/201...ed-result.html

Even though I dislike Cox for his smugness, I have to say that I've always found his reporting to be credible. He wouldn't specify teams that were in the bidding unless it was true. And he singles out LA, SJ, Boston, TB, and Stl.

From those 5 teams, I will speculate these returns:

LA: Simmonds + a 2nd rounder
    SJ: Clowe + 3nd rounder, or Setoguchi straight up (Leafs may have to throw in a pick)
    Boston: Colborne + Boston's 1st rounder next year (I know that's alot, but Colborne is unproven and Boston's pick won't be that high)
    TB: Malone + 2nd and 3rd picks next year
    Stl: Oshie straight up (Leafs may have to throw in a pick)

These seem dead-on in terms of the types of targets that Burke would be after but the deals still seem too rich to me. I don't think the Blues would part with Oshie and certainly not unless there was a good pick coming back with Kaberle. The Colborne deal is also unlikely even if it's straight up. I think Simmonds straight up could happen. Malone + one pick maybe but two picks I doubt it. Anyway, again, all this analysis could be out the window if he is re-signed to a solid extension, then his value goes up big time to the acquiring team.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Although it's eklund's site, I tend to trust Howard Berger.
    For what it's worth he's reporting that the number of teams pitching offers for kaberle is in the "double digits". Up from half-dozen over the week end.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Howar...Better/3/29665

I guess it means things are at least heating up.
    12 Team Roto Keeper
    F/D Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW
    G Cats: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Pro Roster
    C: M Ribeiro, B Richards, D Roy, J Skinner
    LW: R Clowe, Z Parise
    RW: T Purcell
    D: T Enstrom, JM Liles, D Phaneuf

G: R Miller, J Reimer

Farm Team
    L Omark, J Blum, G Clitsome, J Huberdeau, Z Dalpe, L Adam

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Although it's eklund's site, I tend to trust Howard Berger.
    For what it's worth he's reporting that the number of teams pitching offers for kaberle is in the "double digits". Up from half-dozen over the week end.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Howar...Better/3/29665

I guess it means things are at least heating up.

Yup, let's hope "heating up" means a deal gets closed.

As a fantasy owner, I would be very happy if he went to any of the teams on eyemissgilmour's list but some more than others:

SJ - Wow, what a PP with Boyle and Kaberle manning the back end.
    LA - Teaming with Kopitar/Doughty would be awesome, and if it's a long term deal then he gets to play with them when LA is a Stanley Cup contender (should happen soon).
    Boston
    Boston - Feeding Chara for bombs.
    StL - Feeding EJ for bombs. See above re LA.
    TB - Feeding Stamkos for one-timers. Lecavalier/Stamkos/StLouis/Kaberle/Hedman (or sub one fwd out to insert a power fwd in front of the net), not bad.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    TB - Feeding Stamkos for one-timers. Lecavalier/Stamkos/StLouis/Kaberle/Hedman (or sub one fwd out to insert a power fwd in front of the net), not bad.
    I think it would probably be Lecavalier/Gagne/StLouis/Stamkos/Kaberle

Dobber Sports Ace

I'm expecting an extension + trade, due to Burke's trip to Europe.

One thing that confuses me, is,
    lets say Kaberle would like to go to LA (or any team). Why would he sign an extension now to bring his trade value up, to make LA trade more, to make his future team weaker?
    How is signing an extension to help the Leafs in his benefit at all?
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

St Louis makes sense but the Western Conference thing decreases the chances.

I highly doubt Burke deals him to Boston as the cap room isn't there for BOS unless Ryder came back with Colborne + high pick

Buffalo is definitely in play but being in the same division can't be something Burkey likes. I would definitely do Roy for Kaberle straight up - love D Roy

Tampa will be in it until the end too as they have a need.

If only Anaheim had something to offer (not getting B Ryan) as they really could use him. ANA would likely roll the dice with Fowler and see how he pans out first.

My personal favourites are SJ (although I don't see a need for another offensive dman there - they need a defensive defensman), TB, Buffalo or Columbus

I really think he remains in the east though

FirstPickOverall

I need Burke to hurry up and make a deal. Just finished my prospect draft Im getting bored

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

SIGH.....Kovalchuk a UFA again cannot help burke move Kaberle any faster. Here's to hoping they figure out Kovy soon so Kaberle can get some focus

Dobber Sports Guru

Stl: Oshie straight up (Leafs may have to throw in a pick)
    Why would a team with some financial issues trade a 23-year old 1st line forward on a rookie contract for a 32-year old soon to be UFA D-men when the team needs offense more than defense? Not to even mention the fact that Oshie is a fan favorite in St.Louis and there would be riots if a deal like that was made.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey guys, about the Gino Reda twitter, I'm sorry. I didn't know it was a fake. My bad. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Oshie should never be a first line center. He's the ideal 2nd liner

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by duducks View Post
    I'm expecting an extension + trade, due to Burke's trip to Europe.

One thing that confuses me, is,
    lets say Kaberle would like to go to LA (or any team). Why would he sign an extension now to bring his trade value up, to make LA trade more, to make his future team weaker?
    How is signing an extension to help the Leafs in his benefit at all?
    I understand your point, but Kaberle has to think of himself first, and that means getting the money and term that suits him best. He can't be thinking if signing to a home town discount to strengthen a team he has no allegiance to yet. Specifically if it's a very deep team like LA, even if they have to give more, you know what you are getting with Kaberle, and if you can get that fir multiple years, there is some real value there.

I know I have wad on these boards that Kaberle is overrated, and not physical, blah, blah, blah. What he is however, is a top flight, breakout first pass offensive dynamo, with an incredible ability to see the ice, who is still in his prime.

Puck
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Initiate

The Kaberle coming deal could be facing a significant stumbling block. If the NHL withdraws support for the Pronger, Luongo, Hossa, and Savard deals as is being suggested it would through a monkey wrench into everyones plans. Uncertainty would be a major preoccupation for teams impacted and others would be preoccupied and focused on the new cap world that is the new reality.

This could make it difficult for Burke to get the bidding war ging that he is counting on.

Dobber Sports Guru

1) because most people wouldn't call Oshie a 1st line forward, not yet anyways.
    2) because an offensive d-man of Kaberle's calibre is an extremely rare commodity
    3) because you generate offense with good outlet passes from your d - Kaberle does this as well as anyone
    4) because the Blues are closer than people think to being a legit contender

I'm not saying the deal will happen. I'm saying Cox mentioned the Blues as an interested party and I believe him. And the first person Burke would have asked for is Oshie.
    1) Oshie is a 1st line forward in St.Louis and he'd be that in Toronto too. Oshie played most out of Blues' forwards last year. He plays a lot on PP, PK and on even strenght. And he's only 23-years old. You don't trade that kind of players.
    2) True but again St.Louis has financial issues so why'd they make this deal? Young, contributing players on their rookie contracts are worth a ton more than a guy with one-year away from UFA status. Also acquiring Kaberle would mean there's no room for Pietrangelo to make the team.
    3) True but doesn't mean they'll give up Oshie for one-year of that. Blues have a good defense (EJ, Jackman, Brewer, Polak, Colaiacovo, Pietrangelo). They need Oshie more than they need Kaberle.
    4) Kaberle don't make them a legit contender if it means losing Oshie. They don't have anyone to replace what Oshie brings to the table.

Burke may ask for Oshie but there's no chance the Blues will trade him.