Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: who still owns Turris from his rookie year

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by BrianSTC View Post
    I think my sig speaks for itself.

your SIG???????

LMAO.......are you kidding me??????.......

wow

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    i've made my call....turris is a BUST

if he hits 50..60..or 70...hes a BUST.......what is it you dont understand??...Turris is a 3rd overall pick from the 2007 draft not a 3rd rounder........

thats what makes him a bust...his draft position to performance ratio.....

keep holding on to turris...my advice is to drop him or attempt to trade him IF YOU CAN

alot of people on this site feel the same way i do.....only the turris owners bash me however......its part of the fantasy game....defend your assets.....
    Same as always. Ugh. I really tried to give you the benefit of actually saying something valuable. Guess I was optimistic.

I don't give a crap if he's a bust by NHL standards. I didn't draft him 3rd overall. I just need a guy who picks up 50+ points. I'm not dropping him if he can do that.

Thank you for your sage advice. Continue writing the same thing over and over again.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Love this comment -- does making a call simply mean stringing together the letters B U S T?
    I've read enough of that in your other posts.

As a Turris owner that is anxiously awaiting your advice, since you seem to have a strong opinion, I'm wondering -- how many points will he put up over the next 4 years?

I don't need him to be a 3rd overall pick, since I didn't pay too much for him (so simply telling me to drop him and that he's a bust isn't helpful).

You make a call. Give me a number. Will he hit 50? 60? 70?
    to reclarify stone.....

turris could hit 65 per for the next 10 years......that makes him a BUST

when teams draft offensive forwards 3rd overall....they dont expect 65 pts.....those guys are available all throughout the draft in random rds.....

when the EXPERTS choose the top 5 players available in the WORLD.....they expext more than what Turris is doing...

make no mistake....PHO wishes they could have a do over

david perron went 26th or 27th for the record that same year.......PHO is kicking themselves.....

Dobber Sports Stud

Same as always. Ugh. I really tried to give you the benefit of actually saying something valuable. Guess I was optimistic.

I don't give a crap if he's a bust by NHL standards. I didn't draft him 3rd overall. I just need a guy who picks up 50+ points. I'm not dropping him if he can do that.

Thank you for your sage advice. Continue writing the same thing over and over again.

its not what YOU drafted him by.......its what the NHL drafted him by

by NHL standards....TURRIS is a BUST

Dobber Sports Stud

50pts????

dime o dozen

Dobber Sports Guru

to reclarify stone.....

turris could hit 65 per for the next 10 years......that makes him a BUST

when teams draft offensive forwards 3rd overall....they dont expect 65 pts.....those guys are available all throughout the draft in random rds.....

when the EXPERTS choose the top 5 players available in the WORLD.....they expext more than what Turris is doing...

make no mistake....PHO wishes they could have a do over

david perron went 26th or 27th for the record that same year.......PHO is kicking themselves.....
    Yeah, but I'm not the Coyotes. I'll take 65 and hope for more.

Oh, and I'll save you the trouble of respoding to this one:

Turris is a bust.

Blah Blah Blah.

LMAO

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Stud

Turris is a bust.

Blah Blah Blah.

LMAO
    sure is

so is benoit pouliot.....4th overall 2005

so is gilbert brule.....6th overall 2005

turris is an NHLer...just not value for a 3rd overall pick

his value is more of a 3rd-5th rounder

Dobber Sports Stud

Turris is a bust.

Blah Blah Blah.

LMAO

heres what makes your opinion worthless

you OWN turris on your fanatsy hockey team.......its called being BIAS

defend your assets...its all about fanatsy hockey strategy.....never let a fellow GM DEVALUE your assets......

Dobber Sports Guru

heres what makes your opinion worthless

you OWN turris on your fanatsy hockey team.......its called being BIAS

defend your assets...its all about fanatsy hockey strategy.....never let a fellow GM DEVALUE your assets......
    Here's what makes your opinion worthless -- you don't say anything.

I've never disagreed that Turris is a bust. I have no doubt that the Coyotes would rather have Gagner, Shattenkirk, Voracek, Couture or others in that first round.

I also won't be dropping him. I got him pretty cheaply this past summer and I don't expect 3rd-overall-type numbers from him. It'd be nice, but I've never claimed he'll get there.

Oh, and the term is "biased". You want the adjective, not the noun.

Thanks for this lively discussion. It's pretty much what I expected from you.

Dobber Sports Stud

Here's what makes your opinion worthless -- you don't say anything.

I've never disagreed that Turris is a bust. I have no doubt that the Coyotes would rather have Gagner, Shattenkirk, Voracek, Couture or others in that first round.

I also won't be dropping him. I got him pretty cheaply this past summer and I don't expect 3rd-overall-type numbers from him. It'd be nice, but I've never claimed he'll get there.

Oh, and the term is "biased". You want the adjective, not the noun.

Thanks for this lively discussion. It's pretty much what I expected from you.

so basically what your saying is Turris IS a BUST....

glad we clarified that

this never was about whether or not YOU got turris cheaply and if he was a bang for YOUR buck.......

i just simply stated Kyle Turris is a BUST......by NHL standards and im going to guess fantasy standards as well since people who originally drafted him 3 years ago never could of predicted how crap he is compared to past top 5 draft picks.......

more advice.....NEVER DRAFT THE JR B player.........Turris would have gotten killed in the WHL hence why he went to the NCAA

Dobber Sports Pro

so basically what your saying is Turris IS a BUST....

glad we clarified that

this never was about whether or not YOU got turris cheaply and if he was a bang for YOUR buck.......

i just simply stated Kyle Turris is a BUST......by NHL standards and im going to guess fantasy standards as well since people who originally drafted him 3 years ago never could of predicted how crap he is compared to past top 5 draft picks.......

more advice.....NEVER DRAFT THE JR B player.........Turris would have gotten killed in the WHL hence why he went to the NCAA
    Turris is 21 years old. He was RUSHED to the NHL. If he was brought along more slowly you'd be one of those idiots calling him a bust because isnt in the NHL. People like you can not be pleased. He played JR.A where he put up fantastic numbers. He then went to the University of Wisconsin where he was just below a PPG as a Freshman. Not too mention at the WJC that year he was 3rd in scoring. If I remember correctly that draft was NEVER hyped as one with the big star potential but guys who would be decent 60-80 point guys and nothing more. As a 19 year old the next year and he had 20 points in 63 games on a team that rushed him and he wasnt getting good ice time. Last year he played in the AHL and had 63 points in 76 games which is excellent for a 20 year old kid who would of still been in the WHL. This year he is on pace for 28 points while still not getting good minutes. Everyone was saying this kid could of gone #1 so I'm not so sure why your so quick to declare him a bust. If you want to compare him to Van Riemsdyk then he is only on pace for 11 less points in 6 less games. If your going to call Turris a bust then its safe to call Van Riemsdyk a bust isnt it? And dont bring up the arguement that he would of got destroyed in the WHL because he would of torn it up. Are the odds stacked against Turris? Certainley. Will he beat those odds? Yes he will. Just because your not getting 60+ points in the NHL as a 21 year old kid doesnt mean your a bust. Just look at all the players who have dissapointed there 1st few years then turned into stars. The list is endless. If my league had a farm I would have Turris on my team but we dont. I have no time for people like you who come on here and bash these young kids for not playing to where YOU think they should. I dont know who you are but you seem like a real ass-hole and if I ever met you in real life I couldnt be around you very ****ing long.
    RANT OVER
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Banned

don't waste your breath on tequila, he's a ****ing idiot and a troll even at the best of times...what cracks me up the most is that he's not man enough to admit when he's wrong (like he was with Stamkos). Even if Turris scores 90 pts he still won't admit he was wrong because he's a jackass with zero integrity.

hey tequila, here's a tip for you, grow a set and put your money where your mouth is for once, you might earn a shred of respect

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    don't waste your breath on tequila, he's a ****ing idiot and a troll even at the best of times...what cracks me up the most is that he's not man enough to admit when he's wrong (like he was with Stamkos). Even if Turris scores 90 pts he still won't admit he was wrong because he's a jackass with zero integrity.

hey tequila, here's a tip for you, grow a set and put your money where your mouth is for once, you might earn a shred of respect
    I had too he was making me so mad when all he does is disrespect Kyle Turris everyone has opinions and reasons why they dont think he will make it there. Me and you have had them too but if he wasnt such a ***** some people might like him besides his mother but even then Im not so sure she likes him.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Stud

your SIG???????

LMAO.......are you kidding me??????.......

wow
    At least I have a team in my sig to back up my statements. Sorry if it doesn't meet your approval, but it is more than you have displayed.

I own Stamkos, against your sage advice.

I picked up Sedin back in 2004 when he was a BUST according to the same standards you have set for Turris.

So, if I would have followed Tequila's Frikking Fantasy report, I probably wouldn't be winning championships right now.

Just face it TM your track record sucks.
    ***2018-19 11th Place***

16 TEAM KEEPER
    FORWARDS (G,A,Pts,+/-,PIM,PPG)
    LW:Marchand, Ehlers, Debrusk, Comtois (B-Empty)
    C:Matthews, White, Kotkaniemi, Hughes (B-Empty)
    RW:Laine, Labanc, Buchnevich, Terry (B-Kyrou)
    DEFENSE (G,A,+/-,PIM)
    Shea Weber, Ekman-Larsson, Morrissey, Schultz, Parayko, Hronek (B-Girard, Matheson)
    GOAL (Min,W,GGA)
    Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov
    PROSPECTS
    Lafraniere (2020)

Dobber Sports Stud

wow

emotional

Turris is a BUST

someone said he put up good #'s in JR A.....JR A???

try GLORIFIED JR B....or tier 2 JR A.......MAJOR A it is not....

TURRIS is a BUST

dont be mad...let it go....he will never pan out and the joke will be on you

next year i will bring this up again and still get torn to shreds by 4 people......truth is MAJORITY on this forum know Turris is a BUST