Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: who still owns Turris from his rookie year

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Guilty in one of my leagues. As someone else mentioned though, this 16-team league has a deep farm, so I havent been hurt by keeping him each and every year. I also get pretty heavy trade interest in him. But again, a very deep league gives GMs the luxury of grasping on to the dreaded "p" word in trade talks. I'm getting tired of "potential." I want Turris to give us a season to make me think he isn't too far from the "Stevie Y" comparison, though I don't think he ever gets to that level.
    UFHP - Fantrax 12 GMs - 23/6 pro/farm - keep 17 + 10 farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, GS, W, L, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Kuznetsov, Stepan, Johnson, Dubinsky
    LW: Panarin, Huberdeau, Lee, Spooner
    RW: Draisaitl (C), Radulov, Palmieri, Hayes (C), Neal (LW), Nyquist (LW)
    D: Faulk, Trouba, Muzzin, Slavin, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Reimer, Howard, Mrazek

IR- C: Stamkos, Anisimov; LW: Mantha (RW); D: Fowler
    Farm: C- White; RW- Larkin (C), DeBrincat, Nichushkin, Bracco; LW- Marchessault; D- Hanifin, Matheson; G- Soderstrom, Sorokin

Dobber Sports Genius

I never was able to acquire him in any of my leagues but I would love to! I can't resist his potential... I am still a believer this guy can be a stud in the NHL.
    14 GM H2H Salary Cap League (Salaries not Caps)
    Stats:G A +/- PIM PPG PPA SHP GWG SOG FW HITS|W GAA SV SV% SHO
    Start: 2C,2LW,2RW,4D,2UTIL,2G
    Prospect Farm (<92GP skaters, <60 goalies)

Dobber Pro League Wales Division - Roto
    Stats: G,A,+/-,PiM,PPP,SOG|W,GAA,Saves
    Start: 4C,4L,4R,6D,2G (Weekly changes)
    2010 - 3rd place
    2009 - 3rd place

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    waiting for tequilamonster to chime in...lol
    turris is a stud....pure fantasy gold......hes doing everything expected of a 3rd overall pick drafted 3 years ago.....progression is normal........

grab him now in all formats

comparing the 210 overall zetterberg to the 3rd overall turris was bang on!

3rd overalls developing exactly like 210 overalls is completely normal

turris is a 'sure thing'

FirstPickOverall

Having seen Turris play 3X this season with SA I can surely tell you, as any scout would, do not look at the less then a PPG average. An earlier poster was correct when he said he started off slow. Low confidence. He was a totally different player when I saw him. Team leader, dominant,

Id be more concerned about the organization he plays for then the player himself(who has tremendous skill). The Coyotes finally did the right thing with a prospect and sent him down. Now when and if he makes the team(this year) they have to play him with good linemates if they want him to succeed. If not hes got to hope he follows in PMuellers footsteps and gets out of that organization(ditto for Boedker).

Be patient, this kid is the real deal!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    turris is a stud....pure fantasy gold......hes doing everything expected of a 3rd overall pick drafted 3 years ago.....progression is normal........

grab him now in all formats

comparing the 210 overall zetterberg to the 3rd overall turris was bang on!

3rd overalls developing exactly like 210 overalls is completely normal

turris is a 'sure thing'
    I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious TM...

Dobber Sports Sage

I've never been a big Turris fan, but I think people are jumping off the bus waaaay to quickly on this one. While he may become a stud one day, I think he's a few years away. Still, minds can change so quickly in this game, but I don't think you should on Turris. He's a small dude (lanky) who needs to pack on some pounds before he can make it, it seems to me. Some smaller players seem to be able to do it, some don't. Hard to wait for a guy with so much potential, but don't drop him or trade him away for nothing. He's the kind of guy you wanna have sitting on your farm team if you don't have him, but when he's there and you've been waiting, you don't want him. Stay patient unless you can find fair value for him. You'll kick yourself later otherwise.

I'm not a fan and I'd still love to have him sitting on my farm.
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I recall Turris had surgery over the summer last year, and SA was an absolute gong show until they fired that coach - I think they were shut out 4 out of 5 games at one point, ANA pulled all their players on loan, Tikhinov went to Russia, etc.

However, I am a big believer that good players should excel no matter what and when all was said and done, his numbers were fine for a 20 year old in the AHL. ~Top 20 in last 10 years, consistent with Ribiero, Pelcanec, better than Parise, etc. This is, of course, if you can sugar coat his concerning demotion which is unprecedented to my knowledge.

Mildly amusing side story - I have read a few times that trainers have had him on a daily diet of cheesecake for the past year+

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Crosby View Post
    I recall Turris had surgery over the summer last year, and SA was an absolute gong show until they fired that coach - I think they were shut out 4 out of 5 games at one point, ANA pulled all their players on loan, Tikhinov went to Russia, etc.

However, I am a big believer that good players should excel no matter what and when all was said and done, his numbers were fine for a 20 year old in the AHL. ~Top 20 in last 10 years, consistent with Ribiero, Pelcanec, better than Parise, etc. This is, of course, if you can sugar coat his concerning demotion which is unprecedented to my knowledge.

Mildly amusing side story - I have read a few times that trainers have had him on a daily diet of cheesecake for the past year+
    Turris needs to be billeted at an italian household, where he'd get a healthy dose of pasta, polenta and all kinds of fatty delights

Dobber Sports Prodigy

well i wouldnt say give up on the guy....but consider this....phoenix isnt the most talented and deep team out there, they are a defense first time now. So even if he makes the team plays in a top six role, he still wont be drafted in the early rounds of any pool....if you have him, i think you should trade him or let him go and redraft him

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i think its kinda dumb to keep a guy for 5 years waiting on his potential...in 5 years that is 5 spots you can fill in building your team or going for the win....and when he does show something of value, go get him

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Cool

The guy that drafted him in our leauge traded him when he got a nibble offer. 2nd year owner saw the flop again and Turris was back in the FA market where he's been sitting.

I agree with Crov, unless you have a really deep pool, it doesn't make sesne to hold a guy for 5 yrs. Alot of the kids break out in 3-4yrs usually. 5yrs of waiting... and that's just to see if he can crack the NHL lineup... and hope for a 50pt season?!...thats just sour.

Having said that, if you have a free spot and would like to wait the 7yr pace to develop him then go for it. otherwise I'd just draft him later. I'm sure he'll be dirt cheap or sitting in the FA like in my 12men league.
    12 Team roto Keeper League
    Player: G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, PTS = 2pts
    Goalie: GGP, W, GAA, SPct, SO = 1 pt

Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm Players.
    Keep 5/Team; Free Carryovers (under Age24)

C: H.Sedin, Weiss
    W: Ovechkin, D.Sedin, Booth, Voracek
    D: Streit, Suter, McCabe, M.Staal
    G: Bryzgalov, Neimi
    Farm: Leighton, White
    Carry: Connolly, McBain, Kabonov

Addicted to trading....sigh

FirstPickOverall

Quote Originally Posted by Corv View Post
    i think its kinda dumb to keep a guy for 5 years waiting on his potential...in 5 years that is 5 spots you can fill in building your team or going for the win....and when he does show something of value, go get him
    Dumb? Stupid?

Why? Some people enjoy bigger, deeper leagues(Much more challenging)& building their teams from scratch.

Ive been doing the fantasy thing for about 25years now. For 20 years I ran away with smaller leagues then I decided to look in a new direction. Last year i finiahed last in one league but its exciting watching the kids slowly come along and think what the future holds.

To each his own.

But please KTurris has only been around a short while. Anyone like myself who saw him play last season, saw a totally different player. That in itaself is exciting news for turris owners!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Holy cow people. 7 years?? I think he has a good chance of putting up Fantasy relevant numbers as soon as this year or next year. I'm not talking 85-100 points or anything but 50-60 points is very attainable with the talent he will have surrounding him.
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by FirstPickOverall View Post
    Dumb? Stupid?

Why? Some people enjoy bigger, deeper leagues(Much more challenging)& building their teams from scratch.

Ive been doing the fantasy thing for about 25years now. For 20 years I ran away with smaller leagues then I decided to look in a new direction. Last year i finiahed last in one league but its exciting watching the kids slowly come along and think what the future holds.

To each his own.

But please KTurris has only been around a short while. Anyone like myself who saw him play last season, saw a totally different player. That in itaself is exciting news for turris owners!
    like i said earlier, if your pool is very deep and it allows for the retainment of prospects then Turris would fall under that category...I myself enjoy building up my team and watching it explode, thats how I built up my team, well that and some shrewd trading and drafting, but for those fantasy GM's who can afford to let him go and are just sitting on him for whatever reason, well thats just bad management, but to each there own. I've been in my pool now for 10 years and the last 5 years i've been hitting the money spots, there is also one particular GM who hasnt won anything ever (obviously cause he makes bad trades, bad drafting, and poor decisions like sitting on a prospect for too long-not too mention he is the type of guy that when he gets fed up with the prospect he'll let him go and then he'll become a good player...hahahah)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas0Aequitas View Post
    Holy cow people. 7 years?? I think he has a good chance of putting up Fantasy relevant numbers as soon as this year or next year. I'm not talking 85-100 points or anything but 50-60 points is very attainable with the talent he will have surrounding him.
    I don't even think he'll, crack the NHL roster this season.
    Patrick O'Sullivan, Matthew Lombardi (Martin Hanzal, Daniel Winnik, Petteri Nokelainen)
    I hope he makes it, but the odds are against him.

My guess would be something like this...
    Drafted 2007, played 2008, Ahl in 2009 mostly likely 2010, Crack NHL lineup 2011,2012 post up 50-60 pt seasons, make a impact 2013 75-80pt range...
    12 Team roto Keeper League
    Player: G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, PTS = 2pts
    Goalie: GGP, W, GAA, SPct, SO = 1 pt

Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm Players.
    Keep 5/Team; Free Carryovers (under Age24)

C: H.Sedin, Weiss
    W: Ovechkin, D.Sedin, Booth, Voracek
    D: Streit, Suter, McCabe, M.Staal
    G: Bryzgalov, Neimi
    Farm: Leighton, White
    Carry: Connolly, McBain, Kabonov

Addicted to trading....sigh