Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: who still owns Turris from his rookie year

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default who still owns Turris from his rookie year

I'd like to know who drafted Kyle Turris in his rookie year and who still owns them in their pool? I'd be willing to bet no less then 85% of those owners bailed on him.....what are the chances he hits his upside?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Still has him in my farm team... Had a good year in the AHL last year... will probably get a chance this year but I expect him to hit 80 pts in two ar three years from now depending on who he plays with...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

i had him in my pool when he was a rookie, i dropped him like a potatoe...couldnt even trade him away, there was no interest from anyone.....do you think in your pool you'd get interest if you put him on the block? Im only saying this cause its pretty easy to replace a forward with highupside pretty much every year.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

ive always thought turris was the best out of the three (kane, jvr, turris)...but i dont own him in any of my leagues.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Somebody would get a crack at him if I were to put him on the block... I wasen't not physicaly and mentally prepare to play in the NHL after playing only one season at Wisconsin don't forget he was playing in a lesser league the year before BCHL... Look at Spezza after the year he got in the AHL because of the lockout Help him a lot for the years after...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was all over him the year he got drafted, and have re-drafted him every year since in my keeper league, but in spite of the Stevie Y comparisons that were rampant early on, he seems to me to have an upside very similar to another high draft pick compared to Stevie Y who has produced at a moderate level, that being Stephen Weiss.
    I think he has 2nd line 75 pt upside, not bad, but a fair drop from his original projections. I am off the Turris kool-aid, but still plan to re-draft him this year!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

i do i never had to drop someone like JVR , GIROUX etc etc so im still keeping him, but the day i willl have to face a decision , turris is the first one to be gone!
    Keeper 9 team, g/a =1pts 20 keeper on 23
    Foward:Alex Ovechkin, Anze Kopitar, Colby Armstrong, Jonathan Toews, Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Voracek, Nikita Filatov , Jason Arnott, Alexander Radulov , Claude Giroux, Derrick Brassard, Kyle Turris, Mikeal Frolik, Steve Sullivan, JVR, Patrick Osullivan,John Tavares, Matt Duchenes,Pat Berglund
    Defense:Ryan Whitney, Mike Green, Jack Johson,
    , Drew Doughty
    Goalie:Carey Price

Banned

well if you want to be critical of how much he was hyped by Dobber et al versus this year's meager projections you could take that route but Dobber also astutely noted when he entered the league that you'd have to wait 5 years for him to hit his stride...good things come to those who wait, think of how many people bailed on Zetterberg before he broke who are kicking themselves now, its gonna be the same thing

Dobber Sports Pro

Only people who lose money in the stock market.

Not a big fan of his game or his potential. This is a critical year for him. If he doesnt show something, the odds of him being a bust will increase dramatically.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

waiting for tequilamonster to chime in...lol

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by DuklaNation View Post
    Only people who lose money in the stock market.

Not a big fan of his game or his potential. This is a critical year for him. If he doesnt show something, the odds of him being a bust will increase dramatically.
    Id say if he's on the team this year and doesnt get at the very least 50 pts, then he'll drop to about 10 percent owned in pools
    Last edited by Corv; August 3, 2010 at 12:56 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by marlou32 View Post
    Somebody would get a crack at him if I were to put him on the block... I wasen't not physicaly and mentally prepare to play in the NHL after playing only one season at Wisconsin don't forget he was playing in a lesser league the year before BCHL... Look at Spezza after the year he got in the AHL because of the lockout Help him a lot for the years after...
    If i remember correctly didnt spezza lead the AHL in points during the lockout, I think he hit well over a hundred points ....didnt Turris average less than a point per game last year in the AHL.

Listen all im saying is unless your pool is incredibly deep and you have to protect 20 players and there are 8 or more teams in your pool, then it kinda makes sense to keep him, but if you are in a smaller pool and you own him, well you are wasting your time, hurting your team, and helping your competitors win...end of story!!

Dobber Sports Stud

Guilty.

Twelve team league with 425 players+-.
    If I wasn't sitting on him, somebody else would. SOB better play this year.
    Between him and Filatov, I don't know how much longer I can wait.
    F-Jarvis,Aho,Mittlestadt,Byfield,Berggren,Brink,Chyt il,Dach,Kakko,Kaliyev,
    Cooley,Newhook,Macelli,Marchenko,Meier,Michkov,Per fetti,Reichel,Stankoven

D-Bean,Hutson,Mateychuk,Mintyukov,Seider,Addison,Kor chinski

G-Kotchetkov,Oettinger,Wallstedt,Dostal,Knight,Taras ov

F-G,A=1pt (14 count)
    D-G,A=2pt,+- (8 count)
    G-Win=2pts,T=1,SO=1,G,A=1 (3 count)

12 Team Dynasty

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I acquired him last year in a package with Malkin and Mueller among others.
    We have a very deep farm system, so keeping him is not a problem, since I also have enough prospects that I could unload before dumping Turris.
    If he gives me ~75-80 points in a couple years I'll be happy.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Corv View Post
    If i remember correctly didnt spezza lead the AHL in points during the lockout, I think he hit well over a hundred points ....didnt Turris average less than a point per game last year in the AHL.
    I'm guilty of protecting Turris in a couple of leagues. He didn't start great last year. I chalked that up to wrapping his head around not being in the NHL when I bet he expected to be there. At about the halfway point he really turned it on. I think he went point per game or better in the second half. I wish I had tracked it closer so I could tell you for sure, but it was pretty good.
    REDRUM
    -roto - 10 team - keep 20 of 24 - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, W, SV, SV%

C - Nathan MacKinnon, Aleksander Barkov, Nick Bjugstad, Jonathon Huberdeau
    LW - Evander Kane, Jaden Schwartz, Brayden Schenn, Chris Kreider, Jonathon Drouin, Sven Baertchi
    RW - Kyle Okposo, Valeri Nichushkin, Gustav Nyquist, Chris Stewart
    D - Oliver Ekman Larsson, Dougie Hamilton, Viktor Hedman, Kevin Shattenkirk, Erik Johnson
    G - Jonathon Bernier, Sergei Bobrovsky, Darcy Kuemper, Robin Lehner