Thread: Middle of the Pack???

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Middle of the Pack???

Who\'s a middle of the pack guy that is going to be great but just not yet. Somebody you can get for cheap now but will score lots of points in the next two years and become great. For example trading for Cammalerri/Vanek last year. Dobber I know you will say Callahan/Zheredev. I want to hear about someone other then those two guys.. I have a feeling nobody would have even known about Callahan until the 7-0 game against the Thrashers in game 3, when he scored twice, if Dobber hadn\'t had said anything.

Can anybody help me out, I am asking you dobber aswell???
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Default Re:Middle of the Pack???

Ryan Whitney - 75 points? Bold statement, but just watch.

PM Bouchard - he\'s due for 80.

Dustin Brown - maybe 65 points, nice little jump

Radim Vrbata - all he needs is for Havlat to play 70 games. Whoops, scratch that...

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Dobber 75 pts for Whitney...not much of an understatement but where those that land Kris Letang, with Gonchar signed 3 more years is Letang a wasted project like for example Ari Ahonen who was supposed to be a good #1 goaltender but got stuck behind one of the best goalies of all time in Brodeur or will Letang actually get to see some playing time? #3 D doesnt sound to bad since its in Pittsburgh but should I trade him now that he has the high value or hold on to him??

As for the main question on this page, Id highly consider Peter Mueller. Phoenix has a horrible offence and this kid has nothing to lose and everything to gain. Might even get first line minutes if the Coyotes dont sign a top center, and considering Reinprecht isnt the best #1 center.

Another would be Brad Boyes, he had a bad 2nd year in boston and now is in a St-Louis team where he is one of the main go to guys. He was barely drafted in most of my pools last year because of the vast majority of centers available but he\'s a guy to keep an eye on this year.

And if your really feeling lucky, Scottie Upshall, racked in 13 pts in 18 games this year when he was traded to Philidelphia. Now his playing time all depends on who Philipdelpia goes out and signs. But he will be a top 6 forward unless Phili really just goes crazy and buys 3 top free agent forwards which is very unlikely to happen considering there very mediocre defence. He can very well be playing with Jeff Carter all season because the big free agent will be a #1 center for the Gagne/Knuble line.

Dobber Sports Genius

Ryan Whitney 75 pts ??? :blink:

Come on Dobber ... eeee oups, ok maybe you\'re right !

Dobber Sports Genius

do\'nt forget mark bell , rough year that hopefully he canm put behind him,as well as that he plays for san jose.phallason from anahiem is looking good but the playoff production might drive his value to high, same with zach parise.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

I...am your father.

A freshman next year does not count as \"middle of the pack\", so Mueller can\'t be considered here.

Mark Bell - not bad...but his upside was never 70 points unless he clicked with Big Joe, which he did not so - I can\'t see it. You may see him improve to 55 points or so and bounce back.

Brad Boyes - awesome! I really think he\'ll bounce back for 70. Perfect candidate for this thread.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Also - Letang will be fine. How old is Whitney? 24 years old. This is his first year being of fantasy value.

How old is Letang? 19 years old. When he is 24 years old...will Gonchar still be there? No. Letang will be fine - lots of time!

Defensemen take awhile to be fantasy assets. Letang is a sure thing, but you have to wait for him. Although, for a rearguard, you won\'t have to wait as long for him as you do for most. I say three years.