Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 14 team keeper league on CBS Sportsline needs two GMs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Red face

The Peter-Patrick Larose Memorial Cup

In Memory of:
    Peter-Patrick Larose
    1/26/68 - 9/12/09

In the summer of 2009 this pool was formed. 41 year old Peter-Patrick Larose of Quebec City became our 9th league member on August 1st. Almost immediately he was chiming in on our league message board. He checked in there almost daily. We now know that Peter had been fighting Cirrhosis, a condition that occurs when inflammation and scarring damage the liver. This is a serious condition that affected Peter throughout his short time in our pool. Serious enough that on September 12th it took his life. As our Stew Grant noted, "How impressive it is that despite everything that must have been going on in his world he had the energy and desire to sign up for and prepare for a new fantasy hockey league season. Fantasy hockey was obviously a passion of his, and kudos to Peter for living his life right to the end."

None of us ever really got the chance to know Peter very well. He initiated a Facebook friend request to me in early August. He sent me an email one day right after that after reading through my profile information there; he wrote something like this..."Wow. It appears we couldn't be more different in some of the ways we look at life...and yet, we do share a common bond. Our love of hockey. I am really looking forward to playing in this league with you!". As some of you are aware I am a Born-again Christian, and my Facebook page is filled with things related to that. After getting that email I went in to look over Peter's Facebook profile. There I found out that Peter was very vocal about his Libertarian political views and his Big Bang Theory opinions.

As I reflect back on it now, what a testimony it is to Peter's character that in his email to me he chose to highlight the one thing he knew would unite our relationship rather than start a debate or argument with me over some things that could have divided it.

Our league championship trophy will forever be a memorial to that spirit. The spirit of sportsmanship and brotherhood and unity that Peter set out to promote in our league.
    Long may that live on.

Chris Franco
    9/25/09

Dobber Sports Prodigy

.................................................. .

-
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 16, 2011 at 9:21 AM.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
    I think I remember following you guys starting up last year. Was this the league that had a gm die n it or whatever. I was really bummed out I didnt join last year. I dont really like taking over teams however
    Rainmaker,

If you're looking to get in, it's a great league. We have a good set of owners and Chris keeps it interesting.

Dave P

Dobber Sports Rookie

I sent you an email, I'm interested in taking the USA spot if it's still available.

Quick question on the dispersal draft- will it be set up so that it is drafting the keeper players (both teams will have the 5-3-1 + 3 under 23 people at the end of the draft)?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
    I sent you an email, I'm interested in taking the USA spot if it's still available.

Quick question on the dispersal draft- will it be set up so that it is drafting the keeper players (both teams will have the 5-3-1 + 3 under 23 people at the end of the draft)?
    Glad you joined the league Doug. Once we get a GM for the Canada spot, you and he will draft those players apart.

You will pick more than just the minimum number of keepers on your roster when that draft ends. You and the other new GM will want to have additional trade chips at your disposal for the upcoming trade period of September 1st to Sept 15th.

I'd say, each of you will want to draft around 20 players each from that list above.

-

Dobber Sports Novice

I've sent you an email. I'd love to jump into that last Canadian spot.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cubitt View Post
    I've sent you an email. I'd love to jump into that last Canadian spot.
    Got your PayPal

Welcome!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Red face

"....."...............
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Red face

as a credit reference you can go to EBAY and look up franco8308

Thats me. I have over 500+ transactions and a 100% rating
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Red face

When you send me an email...I will email you back with a link that will take you into our CBS league site. There you can see all the rules and scoring and available players.
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 31, 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thumbs up

please email me at [email protected] and I will email you the CBS link so you can come in and poke around and see if we are for you

Its a 14 team league

-
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 31, 2012 at 10:18 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

-
    Oooooooooooooo

-
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Talking

I listed all the players available for the new GM draft, but please note you can only keep 12 players total your first year.

(there are rules as to which 12 you can keep)

(it's all explained in detail in our rule book)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The first two guys that paypal me get the two spots
    Last edited by Rusty Barr; August 31, 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Interested in league

I am interested in your league..and I am from Canada!!!
    I have only used the yahoo site and join multiple leagues as well as run my own league off Yahoo, but I keep so active that I need more....
    I am sure the CBS site wouldn't take much for me to get used to.
    Like I said, I am very active and love to move players around..(I liked the fact that you mentioned how you always move players)
    Send me the info. at [email protected]