Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Questions - July 17

I...am your father.

Default Fantasy Questions - July 17

When I analyze players and throw myself into the fantasy guide, I tend to procrastinate. What better way than to answer your questions? Have at 'er ladies and gentlemen! Fire away, I'll get to as many as I can
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

Wow. Did I ever time this right, or what?

Dobber - two of them!

(I'm also looking to August 1st for the fantasy guide)

1)Frolik? I've held on to this guy for dear life, only to be a tad disapointed. What do you see for next year?

2)Emery? Heard anything on him? I'll probably drop him, leaving me with Brodeur, Fleury, Leighton and Neuvirth for my goalie corps. Thoughts on my netminders?

Advice? Thanks Dobber!
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    Wow. Did I ever time this right, or what?

Dobber - two of them!

(I'm also looking to August 1st for the fantasy guide)

1)Frolik? I've held on to this guy for dear life, only to be a tad disapointed. What do you see for next year?

2)Emery? Heard anything on him? I'll probably drop him, leaving me with Brodeur, Fleury, Leighton and Neuvirth for my goalie corps. Thoughts on my netminders?

Advice? Thanks Dobber!
    Frolik - let me put it this way: I'm actively trying to get him this summer in two keeper leagues (I managed to get him in my third league back in February). He's close. May have to wait one year yet, but he's very close. He's on track though.

Emery - dropsy. Career finished. Almost certain he can't come back from this devestatng hip ailment.
    Your goalies are great, you're fine

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Dobber,

Curious on your thoughts regarding Boyes, Brassard and Vanek? Worth holden on to.

Not sure what happened to Boyes?, Brassard doesn't seem to be the same since his injury?

Vanek was almost a non factor till last few weeks.

Is Myers the real deal?
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16.
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups - 12F, 6D, 4G - 6 bench

F: Benn, Bennett, Crosby, Hughes, Keller, Kopitar, Lindolm, Perron, Schmalts, Stephenson, Tavares, Thompson
    Bench - Lafreniere, Roslovic, Schenn

D: Chabot, Dahlin, Josi, Hronek, Morrissey, Schenn
    Bench - Sandin

G: F. Copley, Gustavsson, Skinner, Sorokin
    Bench: Merzlikins, Petersen, Andersen (IR)

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Mater View Post
    Hey Dobber,

Curious on your thoughts regarding Boyes, Brassard and Vanek? Worth holden on to.

Not sure what happened to Boyes?, Brassard doesn't seem to be the same since his injury?

Vanek was almost a non factor till last few weeks.

Is Myers the real deal?
    Boyes - I face the same dilemma in one league. I'd like to think he'll bounce back. He's so young and his salary is astronomical, so he'll get all the ice time in the world. Then again, lots of players fade and his two-year decline is disturbing. You have to hang onto him though, unless someone out there gives you decent return.

Vanek - proving to be a 65/70-point player who plays 70/75 games. He' hasn't returned to that 85-point form in years, it's time for all of us to accept that.

Brassard - I'm not ready to write him off after one year of decline, half of which was under HItchcock. I think he can be the first line center by midseason. The only worry from me is his fragility.

Myers - yes, but don't expect an improvement on his numbers for a few years. He shot up to decent levels right away, and he'll hang around that level until his mid-20s

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Dobber I was wondering what kind of pts could hoping this year for Voracek, J.Neal, Eberle and Hall?
    8 Teams. H2H. G, A, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, for Goalie Save %
    Line-up weekly:3LW,3RW,3C,6D,1G
    43 Players roster,keep 23+5 (-25y and less than 10 games in our league) + 5 prospects( Entry level contract)

LW: Hall, Marleau, Van Riemsdyk, Tatar, Galchenyuk, Ennis, Tanguay
    C: Stamkos, Giroux, Nugnet-Hopkins, MacKinnon , Grigorenko, Stastny
    RW: Voracek, Stone, Hossa, Pominville, Silfverberg, Jaskin, Connolly, Hemsky, C.Stewart
    D: Hedman, Ekman-Larsson, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Fowler, Trouba, Muzzin, Chara, Murray, Beaulieu, Demers
    G: Price, Luongo, Hiller, Lehner
    Prospect: Duclair, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Morrow

Dobber Sports Legend

Hey Dobbs,

Two questions:

1.) In a points only keeper, who do you like better: Erik Karlsson or Dion Phaneuf? Points-wise where do you think Karlsson ends up: a steady 40-45 guy, 45-50 guy, 50-55 guy, 55-60 guy, or 60+ guy?

2.) Do you think Patrick Kane takes the next step offensively? Do you see him hitting 45-50 goals and/or 100 pts. anytime soon?

Thanks!
    Last edited by fungchen3; July 17, 2010 at 10:28 AM. Reason: wise for wsie
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks Dobber. A couple ? for you here.

In my h2h keeper league ( G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, SOG, W, L, SV%, GAA, SO) My team is as follows: Arnott, Bozak, Gaustad, Morrison, Toews, Weiss, J.Jokinen, Hartnell, Prospal, Raymond, Smyth, Alfredsson, R. Bourque, Knuble, Samuelsson, St. Louis, Goligoski, Robidas, Kronwall, Streit, Visnovsky, Martin Brodeur, Luongo, Theodore, Garon with FARM: Bachman, R.Ellis, Gerbe, Goncharov, Tarasenko, Niederreiter, Nyquist, Watson

I just made the trade of I get: Brodeur, Nino, J.Jokinen for Heatley, 1st round pick next year, Shirokov, and Huet

Do you think I won on that one? How long before we see Nyquist in the NHL? Point prediciton for Toews this year, 90+? If I want to go after a center which do you think would be best - Lecavalier (will he turn his production around?), Vermette, or Roy?

Sorry that is more than a couple but thank you very much.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Dobber,

Points format keeper. I am trying to establish who to keep as we have to drop a large number of our roster players every year.

Would you be willing to keep a young stud D (either Karlsson or Carlson) over a vetran D in his last few years but someone who will garner you 45+ points? Without going too much into league specs, I guess I am just trying to establish how long it will take for these young D's to get 40+ points.
    15 team keeper league
    F - P.Marleau, B.Richards, Heatley, T. Fleishmann, Langenbrunner, T. Holmstrom, R.Whitney, Cheechoo, Voracek, Little, T. Ruutu, Kessel,
    D - Boyle, Weber, A. Edler, Zidlicky, J. Wisniewski, Kubina
    G - M. Kiprusoff, S. Varlamov, P. Rinne
    Farm: E.Karlsson, Carlson, Grabner, Repik

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Dobber. Thanks as always.

I can keep 10 heading into this years September draft. Thinking about:

Crosby, Malkin, Hossa, Stewart, Marleau, Phaneuf, Campbell, Halak and Anderson.

Who would you give the last spot to? Jack Johnson? Brassard? Backes? Gustavsson? Clarkson?

Also, should you feel frisky, how would you rate my current goalie situation with a Halak and Anderson combination?
    10 Team Keeper League
    G 5,A 5,SOG 0.2,PIM 0.3,+-,W 7,SO 7,S 0.2,GA -1

Goalies
    PRICE,RASK
    Center
    SPEZZA, PAVELSKI, JOHANSEN
    Wing
    RYAN
    Defense
    KARLSSON,SUBBAN,OEL,GREEN,CARLSON
    Farm
    STROME,SCHEIFELE

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gilbert vs OEL.

I value OEL very highly, and he's close. You really think he can make it this year? How many points do you predict? Do you think he can have as much impact as Myers did last year?

Would you consider trading Gilbert AND Kulemin for OEL? I'm stacked at LW (Kovalchuk, Sedin, Parise, Filatov) and kulemin is pretty much expandable for me. Gilbert is currently my 6-7th D.
    H2H std stats + Hits/Bl.Shots/Saves

C : Getz, H.Sedin, Stastny, Boyle, Bjugstad, Berglund
    LW: Parise, D.Sedin, Soderberg, Tlusty, McGinn
    RW: Perry, Kessel, Kesler, C.Smith, R.Smith, Clutterbuck
    D : OEL, Giordano, Markov, Phaneuf, Pietrangelo, Voynov, Timonen
    G : Lundqvist, Rask

Farm: Horvat, Beck, Girgensons, Pulkkinen, Jaskin, Rakell, Watson, Ritchie, Erixon, Murphy, B.Smith, Jenner, J.Larsson, Laughton, Morin, Spooner, J.Campbell

Dobber Sports Pro

If you had to pick one player to start your new keeper league team out of these available players... who would you pick? I pick next and bound to get one of these guys.. kinda afraid Green will have trouble this year with Carlson in the mix

10 team. G(1) A(1) Shots PIMs +/-

Green
    Thornton
    Datsyuk
    Kovalchuk
    D.Sedin
    Kane

List in order if you can...
    Follow me on X! Renegade_H

16 team Banger league
    G,A,PPP,BLK,HITS,PIM,SOG,W,GAA,S%,SAVES

FWDS
    Robertson, Stamkos, Kyrou, Huberdeau, Necas, Carlsson, Rossi, McMichael, Coleman, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Kuzmenko, Hathaway, Hoglander, Domi, Barbashev, Newhook

DMEN
    Montour, Burns, Hanifin, Sanheim, Walman, Pionk, Provorov

GOALIES
    Fluery, Montembeault, Wedgewood, Raanta

Injured
    F. Andersen, Landeskog, Hamilton

PROSPECT POOL
    Kasper, Moore, Ostlund, Yurov, Morrow, Zellweger, Nazar

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My Dmen dilema......

Hey Dobber,

I usually email Angus, but I'm actually pretty excited to ask your opinions on things.

I have Pietrangelo and Carlson on my dynasty team.
    I also have Mike Green. We need to start 6 Dmen during the season.

What Dman will be better to have in straight points?.....
    1. EJ
    2. Subban
    3. Pietrangelo
    4. Carlson

What will be their pts potential?
    How do you think I can position myself to nab EJ or Subban?

Thanks Dobber.
    F: Malkin, Stamkos, Ovechkin, N.Backstrom, P.Kane, Toews, Perry
    D: Doughty, Yandle, Suter
    G: Miller, Luongo, Schneider
    Farm Team: Yakupov(F), Tatar(F), B.Smith(D), R.Murphy(D)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I also have a question on M Moulson.

Do you think he is a flash in the pan or can we expect some decent numbers for a couple of years?
    I drafted him in a roto league I am in because I felt like I was lacking in the goal department and he was the highest goal scorer left on the board.

I am kinda of regreting it somewhat. most things I have seen on here posted is that he is not for real.
    One hit wonder or decent for at least three more years.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I am in tough at LW, as I have Kovalchuk at one of my two LW positions, and then one of either VanRiemsdyk or Filatov. Assuming Kovalchuk signs in the NHL (Please god!) which of Filatov or VanR would you protect in a straight points keeper league? How do you see either producing for the upcoming season and beyond?