Thread: Trade Review

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Trade Review

Im in a very deep keeper pool and was wondering if this trade will work out for me or not.

Earlier in the season I decided to trade away Patrick O\'Sullivan and a 3rd round draft choice for Kris Letang and 2007 1st round pick. Now unfortunately the 1st round pick I recieved will be the last pick in our draft because the pick came from the winner of the pool. We are 12 Gm\'s in this pool.

Did I get completly screwed in this deal because Letang is only the 3rd man in Pittsburgh behind Whitney and Gonchar or will this maybe actually help me out.

Another trade i wasnt to sure about was the following:

I traded away Jarett Stoll,Zybanek Michalek,A.J. Thelene and Carey Price for Alexander Frolov,Patrick Eaves,Ales Kotalik and a 2nd round pick.

This at first seems like a steal to me but then considering that Price might become a franchise goaltender it gave me a few doubts.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re:Trade Review

You won\'t be able to judge your first trade until you see how O\'Sullivan fares and who you get with that draft pick. If he starts scoring 100 a season, well, that will speak for itself. But Letang\'s a great talent, and should score a lot of points behind that supercharged Penguins offense. And perhaps you can have a deal in place to trade up if the right guy is still available at the right time in the draft.

While the same can be said to some degree of the second trade, Price has never faced NHL caliber shooters so it is way premature to be attaching a franchise tag to him. As things stand right now you made out in that second deal, especially if LA\'s prospect pipeline (perhaps the best in the league) develops to full potential. Get something decent out of that second round pick and you\'re in good shape.
    T.G.