Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Comish Dynasty Rules Discussion 2010

Dobber Sports Guru

rock on! anyone else just itching to get to the draft and the season now?

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    rock on! anyone else just itching to get to the draft and the season now?
    You bet!!! We want a pick! We want a pick! We want a pick!!!

HAHA!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

are we set up in fantrax/yahoo yet so that I can view which players are available?

If not, I am sure that i will likely pick some guy who is already owned being new to this league and all no matter how much i study the rosters

Super Moderator

There's a list here of all the players taken:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=47756 and on the spreadsheet the Comish sends out in the emails.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by smack1919 View Post
    There's a list here of all the players taken:

http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=47756 and on the spreadsheet the Comish sends out in the emails.
    I don't know if the list on the forum is updated, but I'm sure the one in the spreadsheet is.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    are we set up in fantrax/yahoo yet so that I can view which players are available?

If not, I am sure that i will likely pick some guy who is already owned being new to this league and all no matter how much i study the rosters
    We are not yet set up in Fantrax and won't be until very early in Sept. Like Smack and Chic said, use the excel spreadsheet I've sent to everyone to be safe and then follow the picks as they are made.

I think the Players Taken thread in the Comish's Corner is very close to being 100% accurate, but it may be missing the last action - the drops to bring everyone down to 25 players max (players on IR as the season ended).

You'll see that if you make a pick and he's already taken, one of the guys will speak up and let you know (never a bad idea to check the draft thread out after your pick (or even the next day!), just in case!

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the update Russ, you know how i feel about 1 of the none changes but that just means i have to push harder next year!

looking forward to getting my double crown back this year, good luck everyone!

Dobber Sports Giant

Quick question for those of you who are already using Fantrax.

How's the position eligibility process is working with them? I meant, do they like Yahoo assign a position to each player before the season starts and update them along the year? Are they using the same provider?

I've registred to Fantrax during lunch just to see if there was some differences with Yahoo. I didn't find any for my team and noticed they have a few players with dual eligibility, but not all (Eriksson is RW only, Mueller is C only, just to name a few).

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Quick question for those of you who are already using Fantrax.

How's the position eligibility process is working with them? I meant, do they like Yahoo assign a position to each player before the season starts and update them along the year? Are they using the same provider?

I've registred to Fantrax during lunch just to see if there was some differences with Yahoo. I didn't find any for my team and noticed they have a few players with dual eligibility, but not all (Eriksson is RW only, Mueller is C only, just to name a few).
    seemed to be pretty damn close to Yahoo to me, but i never looked into it exhaustively.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    seemed to be pretty damn close to Yahoo to me, but i never looked into it exhaustively.
    Thanks UW! And like I said, do they change some of them during the season?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Chicleteur View Post
    Thanks UW! And like I said, do they change some of them during the season?
    Yeah, last year it was exactly like Yahoo, as when yahoo changed/added a position, fantraxy did as well so maybe they use the same source.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by smack1919 View Post
    Yeah, last year it was exactly like Yahoo, as when yahoo changed/added a position, fantraxy did as well so maybe they use the same source.
    Thanks for the update Smack! I guess we'll find out once we'll be setup on there.

Dobber Sports Pro

Russ,

You might be able to speed things up if you set up the 30 teams and give everyone Comish rights. That should allow everyone to fill up their teams with their current roster saving you a bunch of time.

Trading works right now in Fantrax as the 2010-11 season is open, unlike Yahoo.

Positions are already different from the end of the season. Laich is LW only for example.

Cory
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rad64 View Post
    You might be able to speed things up if you set up the 30 teams and give everyone Comish rights. That should allow everyone to fill up their teams with their current roster saving you a bunch of time.

Trading works right now in Fantrax as the 2010-11 season is open, unlike Yahoo.

Positions are already different from the end of the season. Laich is LW only for example.
    Thanks Cory. Great info. I don't know if I stressed that the positions can change from year to year, but as was said earlier in this thread, Fantrax and Yahoo are eerily similar with their positions (that's a good thing).

No sure I could get all 30 teams to do their part what with vacations in full swing. In reality, I simply have no time before flying out early Friday morning. It will have to wait for now, but it's on my radar.