Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Magnus Paajarvi

Dobber Sports Pro

Sweden-Swiss will be on tomorrow after the Canada/Czech game on TSN. Hopefully I can watch; maybe I'm biased and its wishful thinking but everytime MPS gets the puck I expect something to happen. He was forcing passes against Canada and over-carrying the puck at other times, but he didnt make any glaring mistakes that cost his team; he's starting to remind me of a Swedish Hemsky, but with a heavier shot.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Padawan

Donions. I agree.

I thought he over-passed a bit, but he was way more noticeable than Eberle who only played a minute less than him.

His wrap-around attempt was nice as well. Decent back-checking and playing on the penalty-kill were both big surprises for me.

Anyways, can someone help.

I was on the Oilers forum and wanted them to sign this kid already when someone posted an article from the Edmonton Sun. It stated that Tambellini said he couldn't sign MPS until after the WC's are over.

IS THIS CORRECT?

I thought he was free to sign his entry level contract at any time since his contract with Timra was up. Just like Tedenby's and Josefson's.

Would playing at the WC's have anything to do with delaying his signing or is it just that J. Tambi doesn't want him worrying about his contract while he is playing for his country?

Thx in advance.

Dobber Sports Guru

Eberle is a point machine, but in every other facet he's half the player.

i have no special insight into his signing status, though i suspect it's just a matter of him wanting to concentrate on one thing at a time.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I read an article about Markstrom a few weeks ago that stated that the rules prohibit a signing to take place as long as the player is with the national team, so I assume it applies to Paajarvi as well.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    I read an article about Markstrom a few weeks ago that stated that the rules prohibit a signing to take place as long as the player is with the national team, so I assume it applies to Paajarvi as well.
    Thanks. REP

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Sweden 5-0 over Swiss

MPS is now 2nd in scoring at the World Championship's.

Keep in mind this is ahead of Ovechkin, Malkin, Perry, Semin, Jagr, etc.............

Plus he now leads the tournament in plus/minus with a +8.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post

Keep in mind this is ahead of Ovechkin, Malkin, Perry, Semin, Jagr, etc.............

the kid rocks...thanks for the update, Princeton.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by Princeton View Post

Behind Brandon Dubinsky?? Wow!! History will be made.

I am getting pretty excited about owning this kid in a couple of leagues I am in. I reached a little in both drafts and it is starting to look like the reach was worth it.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Behind Brandon Dubinsky?? Wow!! History will be made.

I am getting pretty excited about owning this kid in a couple of leagues I am in. I reached a little in both drafts and it is starting to look like the reach was worth it.
    Might also be worth a mention that USA has been playing against relegation opponents while MPS has been playing against teams that were fighting for the Quarter's...

So that makes MPS's 8 points look better then Duby's 10 (IMO)
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Pro

Keep in mind MPS is also only averaging 14mins/game. Compare that too Dubi's 18mins/game and you can easily say MPS has been the most productive player at the tourney so far.

It wasnt long ago most of us assumed Eberle and Hall were more likely to make the jump to the NHL next year, but it's becoming clear MPS might be the best of the 3 right now. I just hope management makes room for all 3 of these kids.
    10 Team Roto Keeper League; 20 Keepers;
    Stats: G,A,Pts,ppg,ppa,pims,+/- ; W,sv%,svs
    C: Seguin, Panarin, Carter
    LW: Benn, Hall, Buchnevich, Coyle, Zucker
    RW: Kane, Simmonds, Stone, Nino, Gallagher
    D: Subban, Doughty, Byfuglien, Jones, Mcdonagh, Fowler
    G: Price, Holtby, Halak, Reimer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

EDM has to unload some heavy $contract/vets to make room for all 3... I see them opening room for 2 Eberle and MPS vs Hall for the other.
    12 Team roto Keeper League
    Player: G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, PTS = 2pts
    Goalie: GGP, W, GAA, SPct, SO = 1 pt

Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm Players.
    Keep 5/Team; Free Carryovers (under Age24)

C: H.Sedin, Weiss
    W: Ovechkin, D.Sedin, Booth, Voracek
    D: Streit, Suter, McCabe, M.Staal
    G: Bryzgalov, Neimi
    Farm: Leighton, White
    Carry: Connolly, McBain, Kabonov

Addicted to trading....sigh

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by donions View Post
    Keep in mind MPS is also only averaging 14mins/game. Compare that too Dubi's 18mins/game and you can easily say MPS has been the most productive player at the tourney so far.

It wasnt long ago most of us assumed Eberle and Hall were more likely to make the jump to the NHL next year, but it's becoming clear MPS might be the best of the 3 right now. I just hope management makes room for all 3 of these kids.

Don't get me wrong, Eberle has looked good in his short stints in the AHL and world championships, but the thing I don't get is how a tonne of guys on here seem to rank him ahead of Paajarvi. Many seem to think Eberle is a lock to make the Oilers next year, while thinking Msp is probably at least a year away. Msp was drafted a year later, but is currently second in scoring ahead of some pretty impressive names at the Worlds. I personally wouldn't consider trading MSP for eberle in my league, but to each his own I guess. Either way the future is looking bright in Edmonton with Eberle, Hall, and Msp

Dobber Sports Ninja

I really think Eberle is going to be in the AHL after some recent comments I have read.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I really think Eberle is going to be in the AHL after some recent comments I have read.
    Can you expand on that?

I am an MPS owner and am really excited about his future.

However, I am friends with 2 scouts from 2 separate organizations that had a chance to draft him last year and both came away saying that MPS just couldn't finish his opportunities (thus his drop in the draft). I spoke with one guy yesterday and he said that they didn't expect his goal scoring would improve as much as it has. He was largely basing this off of the World Juniors as he didn't see Timra play at all. (not his region). He said he would be surprised if MPS started the year in EDM but not due to his play but rather their current contract situations and the PR mess they would have if they didn't let Eberle start the year with the big team. Sufficed to say I was a bit shocked.

Even on the Oilers message board almost every poster states that they would rather MPS stay in Sweden next year so they don't have to start his entry level contract next year.

I cry BULLS***t!

I really hope politics and public relations don't become a factor in these decisions. But alas (yup, alas), it isn't up to me. Too bad.

PS. I don't think that Ottawa and Dallas are too happy that they passed on this kid while drafting the under performing Cowan and Glennie.

EDIT: The scouts did not state anything like that in my PS statement as the 2 scouts are not from both of those teams.
    Last edited by Princeton; May 19, 2010 at 7:05 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

I liked the little featurette that TSN ran on Eberle and MPS tonight, also mostly available in print on their site. I really look forward to MPS coming over as an owner, but when you stop to think about how good the three top Oiler prospects could be together (including Hall or Seguin), it could be a hell of a match-up where each helps the other outscore himself, especially on the PP. Hard to say now how the lines will work out or even if they will all stick at their current positions, but it is a lovely side-thought to the future for these three.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko