Thread: Say What, Dobber?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Say What, Dobber?

Funny that my first post is to slam Dobber himself for taking credit for my article this week!:lol:

Maybe the big guy is upset at me because I\'m in the lead in the Dobber Experts pool. Or it could be that he did it early in the morning before he had his coffee!

Feel free to comment on the article or post any questions you have for me. You are guaranteed to get an answer, maybe not the one you want or expect, but an answer nonetheless.

I was once told there are no stupid questions. I\'ve since learned that there are stupid questions. If I can help you with a difficult decision or an opinion on a player, fire away.B)
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

I...am your father.

oops - sorry! Must be the detox - after going 11 straight days of drinking a lot of beer...to suddenly go five straight without any must be taking away my focus!

Fixed!
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

When Avery went to the Rangers, the worry was that he could get right out of control playing in the spotlight of the Big Apple. The feeling was that Shanahan would be the veteran presence that could reign him in.

I am sure Shanny had a talk with him after that warm-up incident with the Leafs.

I love the agitators as well, just as long as they don\'t cross too far over the line.

...if I might add, we are currently dating, and she is quite a handful in the bedroom...

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Congrats on getting a corner, Comish.

Avery is doing what he is paid to do. He will be successful or he won\'t and that depends on him. Seems to me that the results would indicate that he is doing it well, as you infer with your Gomez comment. Wonder if they would loan him to NJ to get Elias\' butt in gear?

I have a question for you Comish. Have you noticed E. Staal in a stall lately? Perhaps I am hypersensitive but he is making me twitch really bad.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks Shoeless. Funny thing with Avery. Thanks to arbitration this year, he\'s only on a one year contract and I believe he\'s going to be a UFA next season. I wouldn\'t put it past him to really want to stick it to the Rangers 8 times a year. Sutter might even like having a player of his type. Sutter seemed to do a pretty good job with Downie, who\'s a similar type of wild card.

Eric Staal is still only 22, so his inconsistency shouldn\'t come as too big a surprise. He\'s still essentially on a point a game pace and that\'s pretty much where most of us pegged him. I think 100 point year this year is a little on the hopeful side, although with a hot streak, he does have the potential. I\'d be patient in a one year pool and in a keeper, he wouldn\'t be going anywhere.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I kinda missed the fact Cole was out hence that Staal line has dropped off - Dobber pointed that out in his Ramblings. It\'s a one year league - I will watch for a bit but if a hot streak happens he might get packaged out. Consistency has intrinsic value in 1 year leagues because it can strategically place you in a better trade position.