Thread: Playoff Hockey Pool Draft List 2010

I...am your father.

Default Playoff Hockey Pool Draft List 2010

Dobber's 2010 Interactive Playoff Draft List is up. I will update it likely Sunday morning if all the matchups are decided. These are the winning cheat sheets (my picks are included in the deal). You can buy it here:
    http://www.dobberhockey.com/PL10.html

Any bugs, report it here.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Administrator

It looks real good from what I've seen! Another excellent product Dobber.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Giant

Nice tool as always! I can't wait to use it!!!

Thanks D!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Can you describe how you calculate the goalie totals?

I had a scenario where I picked Washington and Chicago to go to the final and while OV plays in 24 games Theodore plays in 19, and Varly in 16. Should the goaltender totals not equal out to 24 (or whatever) as well? Same thing with Niemi (19) and Huet (17).

I must be missing something. Thanks.
    30 team league, 23 man squad, 10 prospects. points only, NHL salary cap. Keepers: 9F, 5D, 1G or 7F, 3D, 2G
    Likely Keepers
    LW: Hartnell, Datsyuk C: Grabovski, Gagner, RW: Perry, Voracek, Purcell
    D: Byfuglien, Carlson, Kronvall G: Fleury, Howard

Prospects: F: Tatar, K. Hayes, McKegg, Watson, Friberg, da Costa D: Taormina, Gustafsson G: Murphy, Kuemper

Regular Season Champion 2010-11
    Second place 2011-12

I...am your father.

For goalies, I don't want to nail down an accurate prediction because 99 times out of 100 for a situation like Washington, it will be wrong.
    What I want to do, is assign a value to the goaltender that puts them in a draft order where you should take them. So in the above case, you should not take Theodore assuming that he will play in every Washington game. He probably will, but it's not a slam dunk. So his "value" goes down a little bit. If you take him and assume 24 points, you will be taking him too early. So take him and assume 19.
    Whereas Varlamov has an even lower chance of playing all the games - but, much like last year, he still has a chance of playing quite a few. So his value per game is about two-thirds.
    If you really like Washington and you can't get Theodore in time at 19, then perhaps you can get Varlamov at 16 - at that point on your list, he is a good risk to take.
    In Chicago, it's similar story - but Huet has more of a chance than Varlamov to take on more games.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Awesome, thanks. Makes sense.
    30 team league, 23 man squad, 10 prospects. points only, NHL salary cap. Keepers: 9F, 5D, 1G or 7F, 3D, 2G
    Likely Keepers
    LW: Hartnell, Datsyuk C: Grabovski, Gagner, RW: Perry, Voracek, Purcell
    D: Byfuglien, Carlson, Kronvall G: Fleury, Howard

Prospects: F: Tatar, K. Hayes, McKegg, Watson, Friberg, da Costa D: Taormina, Gustafsson G: Murphy, Kuemper

Regular Season Champion 2010-11
    Second place 2011-12

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Having a bit of trouble, it keeps saying something about Macros and and only gives me a list of about 20 guys.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Make sure that Macros are enabled in Microsoft Excel.