Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: DailyFaceoff.com stealing from LeftWingLock!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Bill Gates built Microsoft on the basis of looking at what his competitors were developing (he had intimate access because he had business deals with most of them) and immediately developing his own product to compete with it. Microsoft was providing MAC programs to Apple when the framework of Windows was copped from Apple.

I was simply pointing out that someone else in history operated in what was and still is considered to be an unethical fashion and succeeded.

Don't be so sure that DFO will fail because of it's lack of integrity.
    Last edited by Shoeless; April 8, 2010 at 6:16 AM.

I...am your father.

If it fails, it will be because they gave up. A fantasy hockey site cannot rely on ads, and they admit themselves that this is the second/third job. Moonlighting. So how long can passion keep things going? Three years? I'll tell you right now that ads aren't even getting them $5000 a year, judging by their traffic.

Anyway, do people really go there for line combos? Why? Go to the frozen pool section here and click "last game line combos" or "last three game line combos" and with one click you can see any team, ACTUAL data, of the four most used lines. I haven't seen how DFO does it, but why would I when frozen pool has it nailed.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Probably because members don't want to fork up a dollar (or whatever it is) a month.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Not only did they shut down the discussion, they shut down the rebuttal. Here's what it says now:

"We thank everyone for your feedback and we look forward to digesting it in the offseason and getting everything back on track. We don’t feel a need to keep this page up as we don’t want to continue playing games and this content wasn’t relevant to our entire site. If you still find a need to contact us, please do so accordingly.
    Thanks again. "

Jokers

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyGuru View Post
    Probably because members don't want to fork up a dollar (or whatever it is) a month.
    There is no charge for Frozen Pool. You know that, right? Free?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

The Great One

Did not know that!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    There is no charge for Frozen Pool. You know that, right? Free?
    How come you don't charge a buck Dobber? Are you just a generous guy?
    Seriously though, its a set of invaluable tools, why not package it with the guide for subscribers and charge anyone else that wants to use it a $1/yr. Its easily worth that much!

Dobber Sports Newbie

SO Daily Faceoff steals content..That's been known by me for a while. Where do they steal their line combos from, though? Try from sportsnet.ca's Chris Nichols. He does a NHL recap each night where he gives the supposed line combos and Daily Faceoff mirrors those, time in, time out, even when Chris is wrong, which is quite a bit. The thing is with sportsnet, is Chris takes those down each day. I commented multiple times to Daily Faceoff about this, like when a scratched player was listed exactly as posted on their site only for them to take away my posts. THEN, on some days, their line combos started mirroring those on fantasyhockey911.com's. None the less, DFO are nothing but full blown shams!

To not let LWL all the way off the hook, I have noticed, on multiple occasions, that they change a goalie right at game time on or there after, when it's too late for a manager to adjust their roster. This would be fine if the site took credit for being wrong on that goalie for the day, which they do not. The thing that troubles me, is why no time stamp? Neither LWL or DFO have time stamps and FH911 does.

I was doing a little investigating the other day and found this:

Goalie confirmations for April 9th: http://www.fantasyhockey911.com/foru...php?f=3&t=1915

Goalie confirmations for April 10th: http://www.fantasyhockey911.com/foru...php?f=3&t=1911

It is done like this there everyday. Who else does that? I could not believe I was overlooking that all season long.

Anyway. Screw off to DFO!! I'll NEVER go there again but will continue using all the good resources out there including, obviously, this site, fantasyhockeyscouts, FH911 and LWL.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    "You have a serious problem with reading comprehension. I never stated that it was all links. I stated that you steal content. That's an ambigious statement. Learn how to read and look up the word "literally" you spineless thief."
    Hey sentium, just thought you'd like the following link regarding the use of the word "literally"... Enjoy!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Yeah, I saw that in my RSS feed I follow XKCD religiously
    GO WINGS!