Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: DailyFaceoff.com stealing from LeftWingLock!

Dobber Sports Ace

Thumbs down DailyFaceoff.com stealing from LeftWingLock!

http://www.leftwinglock.com/?p=3883

DailyFaceoff.com sucks. I hope they go down the toilet.
    Funny how LWL caught them though...
    Yahoo! H2H, 1 year, 12 teams, Daily starts
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, HITS, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN, IR, 3IR+
    Used 41/45 moves
    ---------------------
    C} Matthews, Barkov, Hertl
    LW} B.Tkachuk(C), Guentzel, Nichushkin(RW)
    RW} Miller(C), Rust, Schmaltz(C)
    D} Josi, Fox, Dobson, Carlson
    G} Nedeljkovic, Daccord, Grubauer, Pickard
    IR} Demko
    IR+} Neighbours

via GIPHY

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just read this today, good on LWL to set them up and bust them. Utter garbage that people do this kind of stuff.

Dobber Sports Guru

sloots!!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would use LWL exclusively if they will fix their occasional site crashes and add "Team Lineups" section. Too bad DFO are snakes, now I'll feel dirty when checking their team lineup updates ...
    ESPN-12 team H2H Keeper w. Farm
    C:Crosby,Roy,Sedin,Jokinen,Antropov,Brassard
    LW: Sedin,Lucic,Booth,McGinn,Pacioretty,Benn,
    Tedenby
    RW:Hossa,Fleischmann,Doan,PMB,Frolik
    D:Gonchar,Goligoski,Carlson,Letang,Suter,Yandle,
    Russell,Petry,Kindl
    G:Neuvirth,Lehtonen,Brodeur,M.Smith,Lehner
    Roster: Start 3-C,3-RW,3-LW,3-F,6-D,2-G
    Bench:5 Farm:15
    Stats(skaters):G,A,PPP,SHP,PIM,Hits,SOG,Blocks
    Stats(goalies):W,SV%,GAA

http://ihf.servebeer.com/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well LWL stole their entire business from goaliepost, didn't they?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

HAHA, love it. God damn thieves..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_trap View Post
    Well LWL stole their entire business from goaliepost, didn't they?
    Did they steal the business, or did they beat them out in a competition for followers?

As I see it, Goalie Post started charging money and LeftWingLock came up with a business model to take advantage of the fact that people didn't want to pay cash for this information.

This is not theft in my books, it's called competition or survival of the fittest.

If I'm missing any important details, please let me know, and I'll reassess.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Holy shit, that's the lamest excuse I've ever read. That's borderline ******ed. Some gold quotes with my comments:

"They have accused us of stealing links, which are available to everybody on the internet (so it’s not really stealing), to a few goalie confirmations that they have found first." - You HAVE stolen links where LWL have done ALL THE WORK FIRST!

"You want the confirmations and we give them to you. If somebody else has already found a link to Ryan Miller confirmed on a given night, why should we need to track it down again? It just makes sound business sense… why re-invent the wheel?" - Yeah, why spend time on the actual research if someone else has already done it so you can steal it?

"We are all business professionals who saw an opportunity when another respected competitor, GoaliePost, made the move to a paid site, so we jumped on it." - Business professionals... Yeah, really professional to be lazy and steal the work of someone else.

"When it comes to goalies, we are just as accurate as anybody else (despite what you might read) and unless circumstances prevent us from accurate confirmations that is what we do. We’re happy with our products and we think our team of writers have delivered high quality content to all of our readers." - Stolen high quality content.

"We give no credence to websites that outright attack other websites for literally no reason, yet, we wanted to ensure everybody knew how we felt." - You are illiterate imbeciles who do not know what the word "literally" means. You LITERALLY stole the work that LWL had already done because you are LAZY and UNPROFESSIONAL!

******s.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Master

its a dog eat dog world out there .....

giddyup

Dobber Sports Sage

Who cares? DFO is free and looks nicer. That's the one I use and will continue using. It has everything LWL has and more. Its the next best thing besides dobberhockey.com.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Ninja

What's sad is that Dailyfaceoff is probably not going to lose anyone because of the way that theft is completely normalized on the internet.

Too bad.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by ben10rules View Post
    Who cares? DFO is free and looks nicer. That's the one I use and will continue using. It has everything LWL has and more. Its the next best thing besides dobberhockey.com.
    So you wouldn't care if someone was stealing the work that Dobber had done? The time and effort he had put into writing something up for us and then someone steals it without giving Dobber credit for doing the work. Your mindset is the problem.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ben10rules View Post
    I guess now I know who are the people buying stolen goods from the "dude" with the selection in his trunk. Those are cheaper and nice as well!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with dailyfaceoff's rebuttal. All that he's taking are links which were publicly available to begin with.

If someone re-posted dobber's ramblings on another site, that would be theft, but if someone re-posted public links (for instance, to youtube videos) taken from dobber's ramblings, then it isn't theft and it's perfectly acceptable.

LWL profits off the work of beat writers and bloggers, daily faceoff profits off the work done by LWL... simple as that.

Here's an example... say I create a site called "the best cat videos" and simply had a bunch of links to youtube cat videos listed on my site... there is NOTHING stopping other sites from taking these links and posting them... I don't own the links, I don't deserve credit for them... these other sites stealing my links don't need to give credit where none is due (ie: to me).. they just need to give credit to youtube.