Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Question? Feb. 27

I...am your father.

Default Fantasy Question? Feb. 27

Hey everyone, I can take a few questions this morning. Answers will be sporadic, but they'll come. I'll continue answering tomorrow as well, when I can.
    Have at 'er!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

2 questions Dobber.

1. What do you see from Ryan Whitney next year and beyond. I know he had a 59-60 point seson in his 2nd year, but those were inflated stats playing on the Pens PP. Since then he's been a 40-point D with problems in his own end, and has had injury problems with his feet (which I've read could be chronic). Is he the answer when Nieds retires? Or will the Ducks likely shop for anther PP QB in the off-season?

2. Will David Krejci ever be a consistent fantasy C in Boston with Savard and Bergeron competing for his icetime, and no productive wingers on the roster or in the system?
    20 Team Pool Points Keeper
    G =1,A=1,PPG=1,PPA=0.5, SHG=1,GWG=1,PIM=0.1,+/-=0.25
    Goalie cats (W=2, SO=3, SV=0.05)

F: Malkin, B.Richards, Franzen, D.Brown, Boedker, Zajac, Atkinson, Scheifele, Read, Boyes
    D: Green, Schultz, Faulk, Goligoski
    G: Crawford

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

If you had to choose one goalie to keep out of Quick, Price, and Mason, who would it be?

12-team yahoo head-to-head with daily starts. 24-man rosters. Keep 8.
    4 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 2 F, 6 D, 1 G, 5 BN, 3 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

1. Giroux, Pominville, Fleischmann. Which 2 of 3 would you keep? I should mention. Goal-scoring bonus points + points mix league. 2 point goal, 1 point assist.

2. Looking at TB specifically. Smith or Niittymaki this year? For the next year, who solidifies the TB's job in net?
    Last edited by Nieuwendyk; February 27, 2010 at 10:13 AM.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by slufoot View Post
    2 questions Dobber.

1. What do you see from Ryan Whitney next year and beyond. I know he had a 59-60 point seson in his 2nd year, but those were inflated stats playing on the Pens PP. Since then he's been a 40-point D with problems in his own end, and has had injury problems with his feet (which I've read could be chronic). Is he the answer when Nieds retires? Or will the Ducks likely shop for anther PP QB in the off-season?

2. Will David Krejci ever be a consistent fantasy C in Boston with Savard and Bergeron competing for his icetime, and no productive wingers on the roster or in the system?

1. Whitney is now a 45-point player outside of PIT. He's also a little fragile, so I can see him getting 40 points a year in 70-75 games. That's actually quite good compared to what most teams have, so I think the Ducks will be satisfied with his 40 and Wisneiwski's 45 each season.

2. Krejci is a fantasy option. We saw in Philadelphia that a team can have three productive centers, even if it means moving one to the wing. Krejci's poor season can be attributed to missing training camp and returning from hip surgery a couple of weeks too early. I think all Krejci owners suffer from that as a result. He'll bounce back next year with 70 I believe.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Bure View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Dobber.

If you had to choose one goalie to keep out of Quick, Price, and Mason, who would it be?
    Ohhhh nobody is going to like this answer. But I like Price.

I believe Quick is a safe choice and Mason is also pretty safe with incredibly upside. But Price's upside is the highest, even though his odds of getting there are looking pretty slim right now. I expect modest numbers from him next season and then the monster season we've been waiting for in 2011-12.

I know it contraversial, I'm just telling you what 'I' would do. And you could look very very bad following my advice on this one (conversely you could also look like a genius )

Dobber Sports Guru

Few d-man questions for you:

1. Is Andy Greene done with Martin back (in terms of fantasy value)? He seems to put up points in bunches, then disappears completely.

2. Will Coburn be a Flyer next year? Will he ever return to his 38 pt rookie form?

3. Andrej Sekera seems able to put up points, but doesn't play good enough D -- is he ever gonna be a regular? (or are these healthy scratches going to end things for him early?) Worth hanging onto in a points-only keeper (13 teams)?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks Dobber for taking the time to answer some questions.

What are your thoughts on Stastny in light of the emergence of Duchene. Does Stastny see a drop in production? Stastny seemed to produce well as a 1B center to Sakic. Any chance a similar scenario plays out in COL?

If you had the option, would swaping Stastny for Toews or Mike Richards be of any significant upgrade in your mind?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Enapai; February 27, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
    Dyn H2H (14 tm) - Start 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, Bench - 8, Farm - 20 (less than 100 GP) Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, SOG, STP, H+B, TOI, W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Nieuwendyk View Post
    1. Giroux, Pominville, Fleischmann. Which 2 of 3 would you keep?

2. Looking at TB specifically. Smith or Niittymaki this year? For the next year, who solidifies the TB's job in net?

1. Fleischmann and Giroux

2. Neither and Neither. If I had to pick, I would say Nitty for this year. But next year I wouldn't count on either one - especially given the fact that there are over 25 NHL caliber goaltenders who will be free agents (either restricted or UFA) in the summer. For the first time that I can remember, goalie signings will be crazy this summer. Teams like TB will address their needs then.

Dobber Sports Superstar

What are your thoughts on Penner and Hemsky for next year? Also will Magnus P Sveinson make the oilers next year?

Tim Thomas outlook for next year.
    Thanks for your input dobber.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Keeper League, Straight Points, No Salary Cap.

Would you rather have Kyle Quincey or Fedor Tyutin going forward? I like them both but really only have room for one.

Do you think Karia will be traded?
    Do you think Turco will be traded?
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Few d-man questions for you:

1. Is Andy Greene done with Martin back (in terms of fantasy value)? He seems to put up points in bunches, then disappears completely.

2. Will Coburn be a Flyer next year? Will he ever return to his 38 pt rookie form?

3. Andrej Sekera seems able to put up points, but doesn't play good enough D -- is he ever gonna be a regular? (or are these healthy scratches going to end things for him early?) Worth hanging onto in a points-only keeper (13 teams)?

1. For this year, I think yes. But we have seen enough of him that he has value next season. Experience irons out inconsistency.

2. I can't speak to that, but I would say odds are he will remain a Flyer. I believe he will be a 45-point player yes. When? I'd like to think next year. But I could say that every year for the next three. Some dmen take so long to start really rolling.

3. We won't see it in Buffalo. Not with Myers and Butler. He'll be a Kalinen type in terms of numbers. Unless he moved to a new team early in his career, then you can have hope for a bountiful future.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Enapai View Post
    Thanks Dobber for taking the time to answer some questions.

What are your thoughts on Stastny in light of the emergence of Duchene. Does Stastny see a drop in production? Stastny seemed to produce well as a 1B center to Sakic. Any chance a similar scenario plays out in COL?

If you had the option, would swaping Stastny for Toews or Mike Richards be of any significant upgrade in your mind?

Thanks again.
    I think Stastny and Duchene will be the perfect 1A/1B situation and Stastny should be an 80-point guy going forward. Perhaps even 85. But I'm wary of his injury history. So far so good this year, so it may prove that the last two years were flukes. Trading for Toews or Richards would seem to be a slight upgrade in both cases. I would prefer Richards of the three.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicstew View Post
    What are your thoughts on Penner and Hemsky for next year? Also will Magnus P Sveinson make the oilers next year?

Tim Thomas outlook for next year.
    Thanks for your input dobber.

Penner - 50 points.
    Hemsky - if healthy, 85 points. If not - 70. With slight chance of monster breakout we've all been waiting for (think 95+)
    MPS - NO. Year after. I don't think he can leave the SEL next year, if I'm not mistaken...
    Thomas - 50 starts in Boston. 65 in another city. Back to stellar numbers.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Keeper League, Straight Points, No Salary Cap.

Would you rather have Kyle Quincey or Fedor Tyutin going forward? I like them both but really only have room for one.

Do you think Karia will be traded?
    Do you think Turco will be traded?
    I like Quincey better for the upside.

Kariya - yes
    Turco - I tend to say no...but not very certain of that answer at all.