Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Your questions...answered

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by mario_magic66 View Post
    I'm torn between a few goalies here for the rest of the season, 2 points for a win and 3 more for a shutout.

1. Emery
    2. Varlamov
    3. Backstrom
    4. Howard
    5.Niemi
    Howard is your best bet here imo
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical View Post
    Which 6 forwards would you start given my team and scoring in my signature?

Also, after yesterday's horrible outing, how many starts does Halak get this week?
    What are each of the team games in the given one-week window? With that info, I could tackle this one better. I don't even know when your seven-day window begins so I couldn't look it up myself if I wanted to...(which I don't - that's a lot of legwork for a lightning round question period! lol)

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinkers View Post
    Hey Dobber glad your doing this. I enjoyed your Mid-year report very much!

My question: If you had to pick one in a pts only full keeper within these guys, who would it be?

1)Luca Caputi
    2)Drayson Bowman
    3)Mathieu Perreault
    4)Eric Fehr
    5)Benoit Pouliot

Thanks
    That's it - I'm already past the noon deadlne posts!

However, I will go through the rest quickly and if there are short and easy answers I'll quickly do them.
    Sorry to the ones I leave out! Next time - soon hopefully

As for this - I would take Caputi

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by salg66 View Post
    I'm a rookie. Never played fantasy hockey ever until this year when one of my co-workers begged me to be the 10th player in his league. Caught wind of your site last month and been following it religiously ever since. Bought your midseason report. Went from 8th to 3rd place. I wish I had found you back in October.

I'm looking for some general advice on my team, areas on which to improve and from which to trade. Rotisserie scoring; G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG; Goaltend'g: W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Thanks in advance and thanks for your site, Dobber.

C: B. Richards, Weiss, Roy
    LW: Whitney, Vanek, Latendresse
    RW: Hornqvist, Stewart, Boyes
    D: Chara, Markov, Pronger, Enstrom, Souray
    G: Lundqvist, Brodeur (NJ), Halak

Is this a keeper?
    I'll assume it's one-year. Your team is pretty solid. You may want to shop Richards around as his value is high. Latendresse is on a roll - give it two or three more games and then start shopping him as well (before he hits a wall). Use those two to upgrade your wingers.

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Thanks for doing this, Dobber. I am in desperate need of a team audit. I've struggled with my keeper team for a few years in a row now, always finishing near the bottom of the standings.
    It is a 12 team, H2H, salary cap league using actual NHL salaries. Points-only. We set our rosters weekly. Below is my roster listed first, followed by the rosters of the top 2 teams in the league (to give you something to gauge by).

What should I try to do in the off-season to improve my team and hopefully challenge for the championship soon. I am getting tired of finishing low in the standings year in and year out.

My team:

Heatley
    Hossa
    Spezza
    Vanek
    Giroux
    Peverley

Letang
    Kuba
    Niedermayer
    I. White

Quick
    C. Mason

Team in 1st:

Ovechkin
    Semin
    M. Richards
    Toews
    St. Louis
    Stamkos

Campbell
    Pronger
    Edler
    Visnovsky

Fleury
    Hiller

Team in 2nd:

Gaborik
    Kovalchuk
    Kopitar
    Tavares
    Backstrom
    Kessel

Phaneuf
    Green
    Goligoski
    Tyutin

Nabokov
    Lundqvist

Sorry SeaDawg, I skimmed right by that part - TWICE! d'oh

Your defense and goaltending are in a LOT of trouble (especially goalies). If Nieds retires, you're really in trouble. White is underrated and Letang should step up next year. So you need to replace Nieds (trade him for a good draft pick right now, and a dropsy to fill the hole). Kuba also needs to be replaced. Package Quick and Hossa for a Top 6 goalie. Let's solidify that position. Quick is good - but not to the point where I trust him for 60 starts a year. So you need a goalie that can guarantee you that. Make sure in any deal you get that you land some draft picks as well. Maybe you could do Hossa/Quick/Nieds for Lundqvist/Goligoski/Kessel?

Dobber Sports Stud

Any word on Lehtonen's return. Do you see him taking over the #1 job this year or next?

Matt Niskanen- What happened??? Will he get it going enough to live up to expectations next season?
    Excelsior~ Ever Higher

Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune
    Something to make us all happy
    Do anything, take us out of this gloom
    Sing a song, play guitar, make it snappy~ Traffic

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    Is this a keeper?
    I'll assume it's one-year. Your team is pretty solid. You may want to shop Richards around as his value is high. Latendresse is on a roll - give it two or three more games and then start shopping him as well (before he hits a wall). Use those two to upgrade your wingers.
    Thanks, D

Any thoughts on trading B. Richards and Latendresse for Iginla and Briere?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by salg66 View Post
    Thanks, D

Any thoughts on trading B. Richards and Latendresse for Iginla and Briere?
    Ya. Do it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Team and league in sig - I'm in a strong position to compete this year and for the forseeable future. Quick and easy question - which 7 players would you keep for next year?

I've got 5 no-brainers,

Malkin
    Green
    Kane
    Datsyuk
    Luongo

I need to decide who my last 2 keepers will be, and it's between:

Setoguchi, Rinne, van Riemsdyke, Neal, Booth, Weiss, Huselius, Neidermayer or Visnovsky.

Thoughts? Much appreciated!
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Initiate

Am I doing this right? How do I get a response?

Tnx, Cheers!
    12 team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (keep 6)
    G, A, P, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    W, L, GAA, SV%, SO

2C - Stamkos
    2LW - Benn
    2RW - Laine, Marner
    4D - Josi
    1Util -
    2G - Rask

Dobber Sports Icon

Hi Dobber, I have a question for you. In light of the recent trades, what do you think it does for Giguere's value. I had him as a handcuff to Hiller in a fairly deep H2H keeper league. Should I trade him now (if so, what kind of return should I aim for)? Or should I stand pat and look for some improvement in the numbers?

I personally believe he will turn things around after being reunited with Allaire. He is only 32 and was a top-notch goalie until last season. What is your take?
    Without me, it's only "aweso".