Thread: #1 on Atlanta?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default #1 on Atlanta?

Who is number #1 now in Atlanta? I have Pavelec, I'm wondering if I should drop him for Hedberg. Hedberg seems to have found a groove. Any words of wisdom out there?
    1 Year - Yahoo! Roto - 11 Managers
    G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, BLK -- W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C,C, RW,RW, LW,LW, D,D,D,D, Utilx2, Bench x4, IR, G,G

C: Crosby, P. Bergeron,
    LW: Versteeg, Patrick Sharp
    RW: Malkin, Chris Stewart
    D: D. Keith, Alexander Edler,
    Pronger, Hamrlik
    Util: Matt Moulson (LW), Ribeiro (C)

Bench: Kilikov, Bieksa, Kuli, Steve Downie (RW)

G: Brzy, Ward, Bulin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don't do it!

Although Hedberg is playing hot right now, Atlanta knows to go anywhere in the playoffs (or to make them for that matter) they will have to ride Pavelec so he will take the reigns back soon enough.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by crookedvulture View Post
    Who is number #1 now in Atlanta? I have Pavelec, I'm wondering if I should drop him for Hedberg. Hedberg seems to have found a groove. Any words of wisdom out there?
    No disrespect to the other poster, but I'm not sold on Pavelec retaining the #1 role. If Atl is to make the playoffs, I believe they'd probably side with the Moose who is more experienced, which may be why he's getting some run. Either that or KL is progressing nicely and they're playing him to showcase his talents for a trade. One thing that the Moose has over Pavelec is puck control and i believe that is a CRITICAL attribute to have, especially when your team gives up nearly 40 shots a game. I think Pav has a couple SO's, but this attribute shouldn't be overlooked for the aforementioned reason. Besides that, Hedberg's numbers are better. So, with Atl not scoring much as of late and them constantly giving up SOG, I'd think Hedberg is in line for more starts than Pav, but only time will tell. Worse case scenario, he goes elsewhere and plays just as much if not more. I'm surprised a team like Phi hasn't inquired of his services.