Thread: Clem @NJ or Auld @LA

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Clem @NJ or Auld @LA

Guys,

I only own SMason and Anderson, so I might not meet the minimum starts this week in my H2H league depending on when Anderson is back. So I might need to grab a goalie just to make sure...

I know that Clem is starting tomorrow night @NJ and I know that DAL have a B2B on Friday and Saturday, so I'm assuming Auld will get the 2nd game @LA.

Who would you prefer to grab for this single game?

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Giant

Also the sub-question to this one would be who to drop:

3C Crosby, Tavares, Weiss, Pavelski (RW)
    3LW AKostitsyn, Sullivan, Kariya, Tanguay
    3RW Pominville, Langenbrunner, Backes, Voracek
    4D Bieksa, Stralman, Enstrom, Niedermayer, Goligoski
    2G Anderson, SMason, DiPietro

With Goligoski back, I could probably drop either Stralman or Bieksa (he hasn't done much as of late) or drop Voracek to my farm (Wheeler, Filatov, Benn, JBernier) and drop Wheeler from there.

Thoughts?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Well it isn't that simple Chic - with Dipietro on NA and off IR if you try and make a move then you are going to have to drop 2 guys - one to activate Dipietro or drop him and then one to pick up your short term sub.

My question would be is ensuring min goalies games in this one match that important considering the potential cost?
    Last edited by Shoeless; December 10, 2009 at 4:08 PM.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Well it isn't that simply Chic - with Dipietro on NA and off IR if you try and make a move then you are going to have to drop 2 guys - one to activate Dipietro or drop him and then one to pick up your short term sub.

My question would be is ensuring min goalies games in this one match that important considering the potential cost?
    I've already drop somebody to activate DiPietro (as you know goalies are kind of important in this league), so that's one problem solved.

Like I said, it'll all depend on Anderson. I only have one game so far (yesterday SO win from Mason). I know he's not playing tonight and I think I can assume that he'll be in on Saturday.

Colorado are playing tomorrow and on Sunday, so there's still some good chances he'll be able to play on Sunday, but I don't want to get screwed if he didn't.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Okay - didn't realize you had taken care of that detail - well I guess if I was doing this I would go for Auld and I think dumping a D guy would be the way to go - I struggle to see how 5 D guys make sense in this league if you can skate useful forwards instead.

But I don't see a D guy I would want to dump just at the moment. You don't have a lot of grit on that team after Bieksa - Strahlman is so valuable in PPP as is Enstrom.

So at the end of the day I think Wheeler might be the victim here. However if it was my team I would roll the dice on Anderson getting in a game and taking a bogey if he doesn't.

Dobber Sports Giant

Okay - didn't realize you had taken care of that detail - well I guess if I was doing this I would go for Auld and I think dumping a D guy would be the way to go - I struggle to see how 5 D guys make sense in this league if you can skate useful forwards instead.

But I don't see a D guy I would want to dump just at the moment. You don't have a lot of grit on that team after Bieksa - Strahlman is so valuable in PPP as is Enstrom.

So at the end of the day I think Wheeler might be the victim here. However if it was my team I would roll the dice on Anderson getting in a game and taking a bogey if he doesn't.
    NP! I should have mentioned it. Yeah, I'm rolling with 5D since Goligoski went down (he was only DTD not on IR) and it pretty much make sense to drop one, but like you said, it's really hard to clearly identify one. Both Wheeler and Voracek haven't done much for me lately, but at the end of the day, I like Voracek more than Wheeler and going into next year they will both have to count against my 13 keepers if I would like to keep them.

In the meantime, I've sent a little PM to Justin in case he knows something we don't about Anderson. If it's almost sure he's in on Sunday, I'll stand pat. If not, I might take a gamble on Auld (I like him better than Clem despite he hasn't been confirmed).

Thanks a ton my friend!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Voracek has 110 games in - how can you send him down? Is it because he started the season on your farm?

Dobber Sports Giant

Voracek has 110 games in - how can you send him down? Is it because he started the season on your farm?
    He was under the 100 games mark before the season so he's farm eligible for all the season.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Yeah okay - I wasn't sure - that is a little different than other leagues I play in and have trouble remembering that fact.

Well I don't mind that move if you feel the need - Wheeler just seems to be a little too valuable going forward for this 1 match maneuver but I guess he might still be available later.

Dobber Sports Giant

Yeah... I'll probably wait until tomorrow to make my move (if I need to) and will probably go for Auld. According to Justin (it's nothing official), it seems that Anderson is just fine and that they are resting him a bit, so there's a lot of chances he'll start on Sunday. Maybe we'll hear more on this tomorrow.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Dobber Sports Giant

Problem solved!!! Anderson is starting tonight!

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2009...on-in-tonight/