Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Biron Destinations

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Biron Destinations

Another thread regarding DP's return led me to this question. Does anyone have any logical destinations for Biron via trade? Yes, DP could potentially have value, but so could Biron depending on what happens.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Super Moderator

He has a cap-friendly salary so the Red Wings could take a chance even though I think they'll stick it out with Howard and Osgood.

Not sure about the severity about Khabi's injury but maybe the Oil will ride him for a while.

Another outside shot is maybe the BJ's but I doubt it, that's just a worse case scenario type thing.
    We get one of these - Don't waste it.

Administrator

Detroit (their goaltending is sub-par)
    Philly (If they feel Emery is not the answer by midseason)
    Ottawa (remember that Leclaire plays on this team)

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

An injury could really open the door for a team. Right now, I have to agree with smack that Edmonton might be a destination with Khabi on the IR. Also, Khabi played damn well when he had Huet challenging for his job. Bring in a guy at a cheap salary just to motivate Khabi?

Teams trying to make a push like LA, STL, and CLB in the west might be interested. I can't see many teams in the East looking at Biron as an option...I think they'd rather keep what they have and rebuild if necessary. IMO, there isn't a team in the East that will win the Cup by acquiring Biron, so why do it in the first place?
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

oilers and isles are common trade partners so it wouldnt shock me to see marty traded there.

kings might want someone to spell jon quick for a few games here and there too

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I would absolutely not be shocked to see him end up in Columbus.

Dobber Sports Master

My vote goes to Los Angeles. Quick is good, but a vet backup or time splitter is a good option there.

Other possibilities are Colorado (Budaj sucks) and St-Louis....I actually might see St-Louis as the frontrunner on this one...Chris Mason needs help.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    My vote goes to Los Angeles. Quick is good, but a vet backup or time splitter is a good option there.

Other possibilities are Colorado (Budaj sucks) and St-Louis....I actually might see St-Louis as the frontrunner on this one...Chris Mason needs help.
    That's why they got Conklin, one of the most reliable backups in the league. He will not go somewhere to be a relegated back-up. That was the clear understanding when he signed with the Isles so I'd see the Kings before the Avs as they're just riding Anderson.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post

Quote Originally Posted by smack1919 View Post
    That's why they got Conklin, one of the most reliable backups in the league. He will not go somewhere to be a relegated back-up. That was the clear understanding when he signed with the Isles so I'd see the Kings before the Avs as they're just riding Anderson.
    When Conklin has played, which hasn't been much, he's played fine. Offense, not goaltending, has been St. Louis's biggest problem. And if they're going to trade for a goalie, I would think it would be to replace Mason and get an upgrade on their No. 1 guy, not their backup.

Is Biron an upgrade over Chris Mason? I'd say no.
    Chatham Maroons
    21-team keeper league
    (G, A, P, +/-, PPG, SHP, PIM ratio, MP and Goalie combo (Wins, OTL, SvPct, GAA)
    Forwards: Backstrom, Perry, Eriksson, J. Jokinen, Henrique, Sobotka, Marner, Barbashev, Connor, Labanc, Connolly, Petan, Sutter. Farm: C. White, Comtois, M. Jones, Villardi, Roslovic, Gurianov, Hayton, B. Tkachuk, Clarke, Rees.
    Defence: Jones, Leddy, Martinez, Beaulieu, Moore, Antipin. Farm: Bean, Bear, Vukojevic.
    Goalies: Rinne, Jones; Farm: Husso, Blackwood, Knight.

On Twitter: @HockeyScribe

Dobber Sports Icon

I still maintain my assertion from the offseason that Philly should have kept him as an insurance policy for emery. I wonder how burned those bridges are at this point, because I honestly think that's still the best spot for biron.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    I still maintain my assertion from the offseason that Philly should have kept him as an insurance policy for emery. I wonder how burned those bridges are at this point, because I honestly think that's still the best spot for biron.
    He wanted over $4 mil though, lanky. Hell, I wouldn't even have wanted him back at $3m to be honest. I'd have rather paid Niittymaki $2m and called it a day.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    When Conklin has played, which hasn't been much,

Is Biron an upgrade over Chris Mason? I'd say no.
    Yeah I forgot about Conklin, shows how much he's played....

Biron is a wash with Mason I'd say. Not an upgrade, not a downgrade.

Then I guess LA? I'd like to see him in a Kings uni...
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by duballstar014 View Post
    He wanted over $4 mil though, lanky. Hell, I wouldn't even have wanted him back at $3m to be honest. I'd have rather paid Niittymaki $2m and called it a day.
    yeah i mean the goalie market was flooded last year with supply and demand was low, so that drove his "value" down... but in any other year, biron would be a 3-4 million dollar guy. I don't really blame him for asking for it.

Philly just got tired of waiting for him to bring his asking price down (which he eventually did do). I think they could have afforded to wait a little bit. There was no pressure on them to sign a guy like boucher... who as far as i'm concerned is a dime a dozen.

So that's why i say, i don't know what bridges have been burned... philly might be mad at him, or he might be mad at philly... it's a shame, because it really is a pretty ideal fit all other things considered.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    yeah i mean the goalie market was flooded last year with supply and demand was low, so that drove his "value" down... but in any other year, biron would be a 3-4 million dollar guy. I don't really blame him for asking for it.

Philly just got tired of waiting for him to bring his asking price down (which he eventually did do). I think they could have afforded to wait a little bit. There was no pressure on them to sign a guy like boucher... who as far as i'm concerned is a dime a dozen.

So that's why i say, i don't know what bridges have been burned... philly might be mad at him, or he might be mad at philly... it's a shame, because it really is a pretty ideal fit all other things considered.
    I honestly don't know. If the rest of Flyers fans are anything like me, they'd prefer a different goalie than Biron.

But, I am not going to lie. As soon as I saw Biron sign that deal in NYI, I knew there is a chance of him being traded back to Philly. Garth Snow loves to trade with Holmgren, so that is an option, especially at the cheap salary.

We shall see...you're right about Boucher too...pretty much dime a dozen at this point.
    @tlucarelli on twitter

Super Moderator

If the Leaf goalies keep dropping like flies, maybe they'll make a pitch for Biron. . .