Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Top-100 prospects rankings

The King of Diatribes

Talking Top-100 prospects rankings

Okay so I've worked hard at figuring out a layout that would not only involve expanding the Top-50 prospects to a Top-100, but also providing a little more analysis and information.

The current Top-50 only has last names and a few lines of insight.

This new layout has first and last name, current team assignment, main stats line, guild analysis line and previous rank.

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?page_id=2525

Please note this is just a rough, rough draft. You have to imagine 9 more sets of the Top-10 below it and obviously all the stats for different goalies. I just plugged in randomness to see how it looks on the page.

The best part about this is that anyone can request a copy of the online version of this new Top-100 prospects rankings. You view it using Google Docs and can check out added comments and even export it into a different number of formats to your liking. It is the same setup I have for PadsTracker.

Thoughts? Comments? Enjoy =) Once I get all 100 filled in, should be quite the awesome resource for goalies =)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would miss the colour

Although I really like the added information that there will be.
    Maybe you could just have the names of the goalie in bold, make it stand out.

Great work though, I can't wait to see this when it is done. Awesome!

Administrator

This is outrageous. I'm sure this is taking a lot of man hours to gather information on all these guys where I'm sure there isn't a whole lot for some. Just want to make sure you know we appreciate the work you are doing, thanks a lot dude!
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Giant

I've only one word... WOW!!! Definitely love the new layout and the added information!

I can't wait to see the full list!

Thanks!

The King of Diatribes

Scythe,

By color did you mean how each set of 10 had it's own color scheme? I am actually keeping that in this new layout =) Just gotta find 10 non-obnoxious colors LOL.

It will take some time to finish, but it's perfect timing because of the holidays here in the States. Once I'm back from Turkey dinner with the family I get to sit on my ass all weekend and research and keep designing it. I am sure it will be tweaked a little bit but you guys get the idea.

I really think the cool aspect of this is the interactivity. If anyone wants to request to be added to the Google Docs file, you can literally jump online, access the document, add notes on any goalie, update their stats, then save it and export it to a PDF, EXCEL spreadsheet, word doc, etc.

Obviously I would have to force everyone to go through an application process of sorts because I don't want anyone screwing it up, but I can combat that by always keeping a hard copy on my desktop and external HD.

Thanks for the compliments and I'm glad most of you like this. Top-100 prospects sounds like a lot of fun to me =D

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and thanks, as always, for the awesome support.

The King of Diatribes

Bam. This will easily be done by Monday night. Tons of stuff to explain and show off, but one thing is that all stats will be compiled and published for the previous month. So the rankings are updated the 1st of each month, with stats through the completed month.

Tuesday is Dec. 1st that's when you will have Top-100 through November 30th.

It has been a beast but not as difficult as I expected. Tons of prospects out there. I had to add some of the ones I never would have considered a legit keeper prospect, but Jimmy Howard deserves some credit =P as does Ben Bishop LOLOL.

Did you know Hannu Toivonen's brother has surpassed him as a prospect HAHAHA and he's actually crushing the opposition in the CHL ..... CENTRAL Hockey League HAH AA I find that hilarous.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Sorry I didn't reply... Haha yep meant the color scheme that each 10 sets had. Awesome to hear

I'm jones-ing for this list meow. Going to be schweet

Can't wait to read it

The King of Diatribes

Cool. Yes, the color schemes are back. I had google docs freak out on me last night but fortunately I had everything backed up, so it didn't affect my timing. Today I am spending time on making sure my lower-50 rankings are how I want them...it's very tough because I had to go back through and add some guys I d idn't consider "prospects" before but now they are.

The cut-off for being a prospect is now 25 REGULAR SEASON GAMES STARTED. I don't want to count the playoffs because it is a completely different animal. That may not make sense to a lot of you, but it's just a little bit easier to handle =)

I will have some details on it tomorrow in School of Block and then it will be up first thing Tuesday morning or late late Monday night!!

The King of Diatribes

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

I have worked pretty hard on a number of crazy projects over the last three years, whether it be the Quest for the Crown charity hockey festival, all the Guild websites, a local hockey magazine, etc.

But for some reason, probably because it's 100% goalies, this Top-100 Keeper Prospect Rankings is my most prized project.

I have put a lot of hours into this. I used many different resources, including EliteProspects, McKeens, ISS info, HockeysFuture, Goalie's World, random newspaper tidbits, and of course my own keen scouting eyes to create this list. As every month goes by, it will only get more and more refined.

The good news is that it will be finished today, on time, before games begin!!!!!

I'M GOING TO PLAY SOME DROP-IN, SO I DON'T GO CRAZY, SO I CAN COME BACK AND FOCUS AND FINISH THIS THING STRONG!!!

Can you tell I'm excited???? =D

Dobber Sports Initiate

AHH!!

I'm like a school girl on crack at a rave concert :P

Can't wait

Dobber Sports Giant

Nice! Can't wait to see it!

Dobber Sports Pro

Looks great! Nice work, Justin.
    Ultimate Fantasy Hockey League - 2nd Place
    Teams: 12
    Players: G,A,+/-,PIM,PPP,SHP,GWG,SOG,FW,HIT

Goalies: GS,W,L,GAA,SA,SV,SV%,SHO
    Pro(23) Keep(17)
    3C - Toews/Spezza/Rask/Backlund/Dubinsky(LW)
    3LW -Palat/Abdelkader(RW)/Henrique(C)/Soderberg(C)
    3RW - Simmonds/Smith(C)/Little(C)/Jenner(C)/Stafford
    6D - Doughty/Ekman-Larsson/Chara/Braun/Klingberg/Stone/Theodore
    2G - Hellybuyck/Lehner
    IR - Wisniewski/Perreault(C)/Savard/Pavelec
    Farm(10)
    C - Dvorak(LW)
    LW -Lindberg(C)
    RW -
    D - Pulock/Gustafsson
    G - Darling/Hutchinson/Condon/Ullmark//Johnson/Raanta

The King of Diatribes

FREAKIN. FINISHED.

WWW.THEGOALIEGUILD.COM

http://www.thegoalieguild.com/?page_id=2525

My lord that was a beast. But so much fun. Found so many great resources along the way.

Hard to believe I have "sources" now ... but that's the real cool part.

One of them is a goalie coach who works with some of the WHL goalies, so I have a lot of good insight from that league now =D Yeehaw!!

ENJOY THIS BOYS!

Dobber Sports Giant

Awesome work Justin! You just can't seem to stop and move your site and info above the other! Nicely done!

Dobber Sports Initiate

Looks great Justin !

Thanks for all your hard work.