Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Filatov

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    Only counting the first assist is the biggest thing. Anytime you look at the KHL you have to realize that a point pergame or so there (for a young guy like filatov) pretty much translates to superstar here.

Just consult ovechkins or malkins stats there for proof of this...
    Hey Lanky. The KHL counts up to 2 assists like the NHL, the old RSL only counted one, so Malkin and OV's numbers only include first assists.

Russian players do not have a good track record developing in NA, so hopefully it will not be abnormal for teams to loan their players to the RSL going forward.

Dobber Sports Star

To clarify the whole KHL-assist thing - it's not that the KHL gives 2nd assists and the REL didn't. In Russia, assists are doled out for passes that directly contribute to a scoring play, not just the last two players who touched the puck before it crossed the goal line.

Hypothetical scenario: a defenseman passes the puck from inside his own zone to a rushing winger who carries the puck into the slot before making a neat pass to his centreman who scores. In the NHL, all three players involved would get a point. In the KHL, just the winger and the centre would.

As a result, the assists per goal are lower.

Unless this year, the KHL started handing them out like the gravy in the NHL, that is... not sure on that one.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    To clarify the whole KHL-assist thing - it's not that the KHL gives 2nd assists and the REL didn't. In Russia, assists are doled out for passes that directly contribute to a scoring play, not just the last two players who touched the puck before it crossed the goal line.
    My apologies if I was misleading or just plain incorrect. I know you are right on how they score the assists, but I am pretty sure the RSL only counted one. You made me unsure enough that I had to look it up but unfortunately could not find anything concrete lol. Now it is going to eat away at me until I know for sure!

EDIT: You are right. 1056 Assists on 778 Goals in 05-06
    Last edited by Puck Crosby; December 1, 2009 at 10:56 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The RSL always counted two assists, it's only that in Russia assists are counted like they are supposed to be counted...

Back to the topic, there was an interesting interview with Filatov, he said that getting back to Russia was his own idea: http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl...y-idea-41.html

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
    The RSL always counted two assists, it's only that in Russia assists are counted like they are supposed to be counted...

Back to the topic, there was an interesting interview with Filatov, he said that getting back to Russia was his own idea: http://www.russianhockeyfans.com/khl...y-idea-41.html
    alessandro... are you the author of the MHL blog? if so, i have been reading your stuff for a while now and i'm glad to see you join the community around here. good stuff, man.

from that linked interview:

- During the draft you could have ended up in Toronto or with the Islanders...
    - Of course, I've thought about that and about what it would have been if i was there. Also considering that many 20-year guys are already playing twenty minutes a night there. Of course I think about it and it makes me feel bad.

BAM!
    Last edited by ultrawhiteness; December 3, 2009 at 8:12 PM.

Dobber Sports Ace

Schenn is going to be a very good player but the Leafs passed up on the Great player here, just another reminder of why the Leafs are what they are.

Columbus has totally mismanged this young player and should in a perfect world pay for it, but they will make the playofs this year so Hitch will still keep his job.
    14 team keeper league (keep 15 plus 3 prospects)
    19 active, 8 bench, 2 prospects less than 40 NHL games. Play h2h with postions 3c, 3lw, 3rw, (3 felx forwards) 5d, 2g

C-E.Stall, Plekanac,Thorton, Turris, Little
    LW_Elias, Heatley (RW), Pacioretty
    RW-Erat
    D-Keith, Yandle, OEL, Giordano
    G- Rinne, Nabakov

(Farm) Beau Bennett, Jaden Schwartz

Follow me on Twitter @HardyintheWack

(draft in process)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Man I hope Columbus continues to shit the bed. 1 win in their last 8.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ultrawhiteness View Post
    alessandro... are you the author of the MHL blog? if so, i have been reading your stuff for a while now and i'm glad to see you join the community around here. good stuff, man.
    Yep it's me. I also write at Hockey's Future

Dobber Sports Ace

To take this back a few pages, the general feeling is he has no value in a limited keeper? (my league keeps 10)
    Weekly H2H
    G / A / P / +- / PowerPlayPoints / Shots / Goalie Wins / GAA / Save%

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Sinbin View Post
    Man I hope Columbus continues to shit the bed. 1 win in their last 8.
    Big cosign there - let Hitch use up his welcome. Hire a coach who is aware that there is an attacking zone. Although I still think the best thing for Filatov is a trade to a hi-octane offensive team (Pit/Wsh/Ana/Atl/Chi).
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Big cosign there - let Hitch use up his welcome. Hire a coach who is aware that there is an attacking zone. Although I still think the best thing for Filatov is a trade to a hi-octane offensive team (Pit/Wsh/Ana/Atl/Chi).
    I don't think a trade is at all necessary as long as Hitch goes. They definitely have the young pieces to begin putting together a similar style of hockey.

You don't think guys like Nash, Voracek, Brassard, Russel and company can step it up and play entertaining hockey?
    16 Team Salary Keeper (62M Maximum)
    Weekly Roster Changes

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,FOW,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SHO

C - Malkin, Little BN - Josefson
    LW - Ovechkin, Sharp
    RW - Versteeg, Pacioretty BN - Stewart
    D - Byfuglien, Keith, Kronwall, Orlov
    Util - Hall
    G - Bryzgalov, Bobrovski
    Farm - Bernier, Neuvirth, Tarasenko, Ryan Murphy, McBain, P Larsen

Dobber Sports Stud

After reading the post regarding Columbus's poor performance lately, and the post regarding their high offensive potential (Nash, Voracek, Brassard, Russel), it gets connected. Probably one of the best scenarios possible for maximizing NF's offensive potential is Columbus minus Hitch. He probably lands top 6 with ample PP time next year IF Hitch goes....

What do you all give for odds of him coming back next season. I'll give 80:20 in favour of he's back.
    20tm UFA/RFA dynasty

Cats: G, A, SOG, STpts, +/-, hits/bs, GAA, Sv%, W+SO

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    What do you all give for odds of him coming back next season. I'll give 80:20 in favour of he's back.
    All depends on whether Hitch is there or not.

With Hitch- 50/50
    W/O Hitch- 100
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by jman View Post
    After reading the post regarding Columbus's poor performance lately, and the post regarding their high offensive potential (Nash, Voracek, Brassard, Russel), it gets connected. Probably one of the best scenarios possible for maximizing NF's offensive potential is Columbus minus Hitch. He probably lands top 6 with ample PP time next year IF Hitch goes....

My understanding of these loans is that they can bring the player back at any time right? If things continue to deteriorate in CLB, I could honestl see them go the route of Philly and make the midseason change.

If that happens, couldn't filatov come back this season? ... Or no?
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    My understanding of these loans is that they can bring the player back at any time right? If things continue to deteriorate in CLB, I could honestl see them go the route of Philly and make the midseason change.

If that happens, couldn't filatov come back this season? ... Or no?
    I'm pretty sure the loan with CSKA is for the season, so no bring backs.
    10 Team Keeper Roto League (G, A, +/-, PIMs, Shots, Defensive Points, GAA, Sv %, Wins) - Keep 10 each year
    23 man roster, plus 3 man IR: start 4 of each forward position, 6 defensemen, 2 goalies, 3 man bench