Thread: Hasek out with hip injury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Hasek out with hip injury

I guess last year was too good to be true!

I see a link from ESPNews reporting that Hasek is out indefinitely with a hip injury.

http://games.espn.go.com/cgi/fhl/pla...ve?statsId=260

I...am your father.

Nice find!
    I\'d like to see Osgood flop so Howard gets a shot
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Padawan

So would I. I thought a Hasek IR + Osgood flop scenario was going to happen last year. It is bound to soon. With Harding, Smith, Price, Howard, Bernier, Rask and Pogge close to full time duty in the next couple of years - it is going be a golden renaissance for fantasy goaltending...
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Keeper (3 players/3 year max)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

The King of Diatribes

Osgood isn\'t going to flop.

Howard will definitely get some games but the two of them will play very well together.

My boy finally gets to play some more games!!! w00t!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well according to the detroit red wings forums he is listed as day to day not indefinetely. Which i really hope he is cuz im currently trading mason for em
    C: Malkin, Giroux
    RW: Gaborik, Byfuglien
    LW: Praise, Brown
    D: Keith, Enstrom, Whitney, Goligoski
    Util. Crosby, Jagr, Cole
    G: Lundqvist, Price, Ward, Steve Mason

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Saw this online, an article posted at 4:35 pm:

Wings goaltender Dominik Hasek has \"hip irritation,\'\' forcing the club to recall Jimmy Howard from Grand Rapids. Howard will serve as Chris Osgood\'s backup for Friday\'s game vs. San Jose.

\"It\'s nothing major,\" Wings general manager Ken Holland said of Hasek\'s ailment. \"But, it\'s early in the season. It\'s bothering him enough that we\'re hoping with a few days off it\'ll go away.\"

Hasek won\'t practice the next few days but will travel with the team to western Canada, as will Howard. To make room, the Wings placed Dallas Drake (fractured cheekbone) in injured reserve.

Holland said Hasek\'s injury has been lingering over the last week, but added that if it were a playoff game tomorrow, Hasek would be able to start.

In four games this season, Howard is 3-1-0 record with a 3.00 GAA and a 0.902 save percentage.
    12 Team H2H Keeper League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    Start: C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), G(2)
    Keep 3 F, 1 D, 1 G

C- H. Sedin, J. Thornton
    LW- Ovechkin, Heatley (RW), McDonald (C)
    RW- Giroux, Knuble, Skinner
    D- Doughty, Visnovsky, Karlsson
    G- Bryzgalov, Thomas, Rask, Bobrovsky, Pavelec, Leighton (IR)

Dobber Sports Expert

i think it\'s a stretch to say that rask and pogge are \"close to full time duty\" having never played a single nhl game...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

From a different site (this time, the Detroit News):

DETROIT -- Dominik Hasek will be out of the Wings lineup for the next few games with an irritated left hip.

The Wings have called up goalie Jimmy Howard from Grand Rapids, while putting forward Dallas Drake (fractured left cheekbone) on the injured list.

\"This has been lingering for a while now, and Dom just wants it to go away,\" general manager Ken Holland said. \"This early in the season, we\'ll give him a few days off here and, hopefully, the rest will help. We don\'t think this is anything major. Dom says it just doesn\'t feel right.\"

Holland said goalie Chris Osgood will start Friday against San Jose, and either Osgood or Howard will start Sunday in Vancouver. If the rest helps, Hasek could start Tuesday in Edmonton or Thursday in Calgary.

It is possible Hasek will sit out all three games on the road trip because the Wings then have five days off until they host Nashville on Nov. 7.

Hasek is 4-2-1 with a 2.68 goals-against average and subpar .877 save percentage.
    12 Team H2H Keeper League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, W, GAA, SV%, SO
    Start: C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), G(2)
    Keep 3 F, 1 D, 1 G

C- H. Sedin, J. Thornton
    LW- Ovechkin, Heatley (RW), McDonald (C)
    RW- Giroux, Knuble, Skinner
    D- Doughty, Visnovsky, Karlsson
    G- Bryzgalov, Thomas, Rask, Bobrovsky, Pavelec, Leighton (IR)

Dobber Sports Padawan

repenttokyo wrote:
    i think it\'s a stretch to say that rask and pogge are \"close to full time duty\" having never played a single nhl game...

Within the next couple of years both will be in the NHL. I don\'t think that is a stretch.
    12 Team Yahoo H2H Keeper (3 players/3 year max)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Expert

Yardie wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:

Within the next couple of years both will be in the NHL. I don\'t think that is a stretch.
    there is a big difference between playing in the nhl and being ready for full time duty. in my opinion.