Thread: Cammalleri, etc for Kiprusoff, etc in keeper

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Cammalleri, etc for Kiprusoff, etc in keeper

In in a ten-person half-keeper league (we protect up to half the points of the winner), I have been offered this:

my

Khabibulin
    Cammalleri (just tagged C,LW)
    Backstrom

for his

Kiprusoff
    Connolly
    Todd White

He is wanting the newly C,LW tagged Cammalleri for trading purposes, I am wanting points with which to win this year.

I am thinking of countering with

my

Khabibulin
    Cammalleri
    Backstrom

for his

Kiprusoff
    Connolly
    Toews

What do you fellows think of both trades? He is very attached to Toews but he\'s playing for next year, do you think Backstrom is in a better situation for future growth? Am I right in thinking Toews will beat Backstrom this year for points based simply on physical maturity? I had personally figured Backstrom would come on slow first half of the season and pick it up second half, and didn\'t expect huge points from him this year but thought he\'d be smart for next year and easy to protect.

I dislike the idea of weakening my center (Cammalleri and Prospal are my best centers...), acquiring Connolly will mean I have two ticking injury timebombs on my team (I also have Legwand), and I sure hate the idea of giving up Backstrom --and even Khab, the little goalie that could-- but it is hard to argue with Kiprusoff.

And sorry for all the questions, but do you think either trade would actually put me ahead in points for this year? One point per goal/assist, two points for a goalie win + 3 for a shutout.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read and help.

edit: sorry, should have had the trade in the title to start with.
    11 team positional (4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G daily) half-keeper. G/A 1pt, W 2pts, SO 3pts

C: Spezza, Savard, Kopitar, Stastny
    LW: Cammalleri, Kariya, O'Sullivan, Prospal, Brunette,
    RW: Justin Williams, Horton, Doan, Backes, Langenbrunner, Hornqvist
    D: Green, Gonchar, Lidstrom, Enstrom, Grebeshkov, Hedman
    G: Brodeur, Steve Mason, Ward

Dobber Sports Expert

It\'s not a bad initial offer. You get Kipper and a throw in [White] for Khabibulin and a top prospect in Backstrom. You improve your goal [a lot], he builds for the future.

IMO Cammalleri and Connolly could be very similar in point totals, but you assume the higher injury risk in this equation.

In the end you get the stud goalie and CGY looks strong.

I don\'t think the other GM will go for the second trade. Assuming Toews and Backstrom both have high-end potential. The trade breaks down...you get a huge upgrade in goal for assuming an injury risk at center. If Connolly stays healthy it could become Kipper for Khabi straight up...not good for him.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks again, the advice is immensely helpful and very much appreciated .
    11 team positional (4C 4LW 4RW 6D 2G daily) half-keeper. G/A 1pt, W 2pts, SO 3pts

C: Spezza, Savard, Kopitar, Stastny
    LW: Cammalleri, Kariya, O'Sullivan, Prospal, Brunette,
    RW: Justin Williams, Horton, Doan, Backes, Langenbrunner, Hornqvist
    D: Green, Gonchar, Lidstrom, Enstrom, Grebeshkov, Hedman
    G: Brodeur, Steve Mason, Ward