Thread: Goodbye Vokoun. Hello Quick/Rinne?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Goodbye Vokoun. Hello Quick/Rinne?

Hi everyone,

I think I've had it with Vokoun and Florida in general. With both Quick and Rinne available, should I go for a shake up?

This is an 8-team one year h2h league with W, GAA, SV%, SO as categories.

I currently have...
    R. Miller
    J. Hiller
    T. Vokoun

Quick and Rinne are both free agents. Which one is more appealing? Is it right to ditch Vokoun for one of them?

Any help is appreciated!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Last night should answer that question.

The King of Diatribes

I would easily go with Quick in this situation, but it depends on your strategy.

First of all, for the record, good job getting rid of Vokoun. What a terrible start to the season it has been for him. Since his first two games, I have been saying he's in the same boat as Toskala and Giguere ... out-dated style that worked three years ago but isn't efficient in today's NHL.

Rinne vs. Quick - I take Quick because he will play more consistently and thus have a better rhythm. He's not going to lose many starts to Ersberg, whereas there's no real definitive structure to the Predators' goaltending tandem. It could be Ellis or Rinne on any given night.

LAst night's shutout for Rinne was a very easy one ... only 22 shots against. I wouldn't take that for more than it was ... just a solid outing where he wasn't really over-worked. I'm not saying to discredit it completely, but he could be lit up in the next game just as easily.

Nashville's defense has a history of being horrible in the first half of the season, then really ramping it up in the second half as they battle for one of the last playoff spots. Too early to tell where they will be in January 2010, but I have to think that the Preds are going to continue to be inconsistent, regardless of who is in net.

You can't expect Rinne to post similar numbers to last year, so I'd go with the goalie that is on a stronger team and getting more consistent playing time ... JQUICK!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That was super detailed and a huge help!

Feels good to finally cut Vokoun loose. I'm looking forward to some Quick wins coming my way!

Thanks so much!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

GoalieGuild says it all. Go with Quick and be Quick about your decision before he's gone.