Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: beware of your Commissioner!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Shoeless wrote:
    From a Dobberhockey forums perspective, I don't think it is ever right to use these forums to launder individual league business. A big boo to RGarrow for doing so.
    I absolutely agree. Forums should not be used for this purpose. I personally have been a victim of such attacks and were ALWAYS with half truths and lies. Running a successful league starts with good communication and I can tell you I have a whole interview process and Terms and Conditions for new GM's to avoid such situations. I even have a committee which I consult prior to taking action against a problem GM. I always offer multiple warnings...yet with all of this, I still come across someone that will occassionally fail to meet the expectations of the league. Locking players and finding ways to get a guy in gear is not good for any league...the league as a whole will all likely agree to boot a GM because it lowers the integrity and competitiveness of the league by allowing him to remain too long.

Whenever I see a post like this; I always dismiss it. If I enter a league where I don't like the commish...I leave. I left a league last Feb. and I was way out in front with a dominant team, but the commish was a cheat and a novice; and I left on my own accord (cordially) and just moved on. Some GM's have no idea what it takes to run a successful league (especially dynasty leagues) and keep it going. I take a tremendous amount of pride in my league and take it very personally when someone tries hurting a reputation I try so hard to establish. As far as the posted email...I always try to be professional and cordial when letting someone go from a league. "It's not a good fit." is a buzz line I too often use....it basically means he was doing something wrong, but rather than put a guy down, it's best to try and part ways cordially. I believe Mafia was trying to do the same.

There are plenty of leagues out there; just find the one that is a fit for your level and style of play. If you find the commish is frequently emailing you friendly warnings..then it likely means the league is too intense for you, and you should just move on to a less challenging league instead of dragging it out. It's nobody's fault...it's just not the right fit.

Cheers
    Last edited by FlyersJoe; October 30, 2009 at 11:35 PM.

Dobber Sports Icon

ok... so this thread is closed now. again.

I'm tired of trying to keep it cleaned up and on topic.

i foolishly figured that we could all be adults (or at least pretend to be) long enough for this thread to evolve into something helpful for fantasy owners and commissioners alike... but it continued to transpire as a bitchy, defensive thread full of finger pointing, name-calling, and accusations.

i'm pretty disappointed because woven in between the pointless trash posts there were a lot of pretty good posts, suggestions, and points of view that have likely been lost in the mix.

anyways. posts 71 and 72 sealed it. if you guys have personal issues, please try working them out elsewhere rather than bringing it to the boards.
    Last edited by lanky522; October 31, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW