Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: beware of your Commissioner!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ben10rules View Post
    #1. I was never the one who locked the thread. I said I was going to but I never said I was going to wait till tommorow to do it. That way I figured everyone would have a chance to put their last words in. Thanks for jumping to conclusions though.

#2. Im out of here guys. Seriously, this has gotten pathetic. Don't expect "ben10rules" around for a while... and by a while I mean minimum 24 hours
    well you said you were going to do it, then the thread was locked (it says so at the top, with a little lock icon). I tried to reply to it and it said the same...so I'm not sure what conclusions we are supposed to jump to???

Banned

From a Dobberhockey forums perspective, I don't think it is ever right to use these forums to launder individual league business. A big boo to RGarrow for doing so.

I am a big fan of simply deleting threads that do this.

Having said that, having an informed debate without making it personal among our users about best practices in commissioning a league or situations that are worth looking at so that we can learn from them is something else entirely and I think we can encourage them.

You took on one of our own in public, RGarrow and I don't like that. You might very well be right and justified in your claims and concerns - but not here.
    In general I agree with you Shoeless, and its certainly not fair for a guy like xmafia who is a valuable member of our community and by the accounts of the other GMs in the league a good Commish. But play devil's advocate for a moment and put yourself in the shoes (er...you dont wear shoes do you...um, put yourself in the position) of this GM. You just get an email one day saying 'sorry this isn't working out buh bye'. I dont know about you but I'd be more than a little miffed and if it was someone you joined a league with from on here I guess how else do you plead your case? He shouldn't have mentioned names you're right, it could have been phrased in an abstract way, but it certainly inspired some good discussion did it not?

Time for a few of the good old boys to get together and write a primer on being a Commissioner in fantasy hockey - not suggesting anyone named here needs one but this thread does make me think that a very thorough handbook on Commissioning would be a nice resource for folks to access through Dobberhockey. There is an amazing wealth of experience here that might do a great job of that. Casebook as an appendix would be nice too - easy to add to.
    yup, a great idea for sure

Dobber Sports Sage

#1. Just for the record I was not the one who locked this thread. I know I said I was going to but I was going to wait till tommorow to do it. That way I figured everyone would have a chance to put their last words in.

#2. Thank you to the guy(s) who deducted reputation from me for being a "tool", "geek", and "little weasel". And a big shout out to for all the threats and wittingly unfunny messages sent via private message. Don't know what dobberhockey would be without you.

#3. Lanky... I must question your posting style. I find it irritating enough to post about it anyway. Hey- to each his own.

#4. Im gonna take a vacay from the forums for a while. Ill see you all next week. Hopefully NAP will not be able to access this constructive site by then. Time will tell.

#5. Man has this thread gotten to me good!
    Last edited by lanky522; October 30, 2009 at 7:40 PM. Reason: same reason as before.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Expert

must have been the shortest 24 hours of my life ;-)

Dobber Sports Icon

#1. Just for the record I was not the one who locked this thread. I know I said I was going to but I was going to wait till tommorow to do it. That way I figured everyone would have a chance to put their last words in.
    yeah sorry, i realized it wasn't you when i went back in and changed the title of the thread. apologies for the assumption... but you have to admit, it was a pretty reasonable assumption (given your post just prior to the thread getting locked).

#3. Lanky... I must question your posting style. I find it irritating enough to post about it anyway. Hey- to each his own
    not sure what i did to upset you or draw your ire... i don't think i've been very combative at all in this thread. much less than normal at least lol...

This seems kind of like singling me out for no good reason... which is exactly what the original thread starter did, and exactly what most people here disagree with.

not really understanding the reason for that #3 man...
    Last edited by lanky522; October 30, 2009 at 7:51 PM.
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Wow,

After reading all this, its funny how everything got skewed. Kind of reminds me of the 911 thread. lol I wish that was still going haha...

And let me get this right, this is all over a "NON CASH" League? I know fantasy leagues are fun but no point spending so much time if you cant win a little coin.

I want bragging rights and a few hundred bux. Common ante up boys!

I have learned a few things reading this thread...

Hope everything settles down, whats done is done.

Roto keep 8+1G

Start - 3RW/3LW/3C/4D/2G/1Utl

G,A,+|-,PIM,GWG,PPP,W,GAA,SV%,SO

League 1 (11 Teams) 10th yr

2017/2018 Roster

LW-Panarin/Galchenyuk/Roussel/Drouin
    C-Malkin/Zinanejad/Couturier/Brassard
    RW-Bratt/Oshie/Simmonds/Sheary
    D-Karlsson/Butcher/Fowler/Green
    G-Rask/Howard/Varlamov/Bernier
    (P)-Virtanen/O'Connor/Saros/Glass/White/Vesey

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    you really took that personal?? wow that´s crazy. Once again it´s not a money league.
    like wow scooby , cbs chip in is probably the refund

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    like wow scooby , cbs chip in is probably the refund
    thats what I assumed, but then given the good commish tools that CBS offers, I dont understand why the Commish wouldn't take less severe action with a problem GM so I figured it had to be some other format

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by lanky522 View Post
    mmmmmm on that note... i'm grabbing some grub. hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a crapfest while i step away haha.

cheeeeeeeeeseburgers... yummm.
    y'know , those bastards took the double cheeseburgers off the value menu at mcdonalds and replaced it with the bacon single cheesburger

Dobber Sports Apprentice

easy there denney

the email from commish stated he was sending randy a refund .

''Anyway, I am sending you a refund for the leagues. ''

maybe randy would prefer a few cheeseburgers instead ?
    Butch,

I know you are a good Canadian when you can toss out the Trailer Park Boys reference that a lot of other members won't get. Rep for the tying in the TPB reference.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default sorry for starting this BUT

my intent was simply to indicate Mafia is not always above board & showed the evidence of such to other prosective GMs.(hence the email copy). Mafia's respounce is just covering his ass & he posts no proof, in fact he even states YOU DID NOTHING WRONG in my removal email from him.there are no proofs cause they don't exist . Ben 10 got what he deserved for being a jerk. this is my last comment on this & i am taking the commish's advice & moving on .thanks to all for their understanding & all be warned. (the lock out was a real nice touch so I could not respond to Mafia's post) really i am moving on
    Last edited by rgarrow; October 30, 2009 at 9:31 PM.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I didnt say I didnt do anything wrong, Im not tryin to come across here like im perfect , I realize that I can refine some things about how I handle certain situations - was I wrong about the outcome? NO I dont feel that Im wrong, but could I have taken a few different measures, sure I think maybe I could of. Im a man,I mess up sometimes, but I think ultimately my gut feeling was right and based on what I was seeing the correct action was taken.. I'm also not gonna keep having to prove anything to this forum.1,000 guys will have 5,000 different opinions. This is / was a private league situation, not a public display of bashing, which you felt was necessary and im cool with it, since that is how you operate. I'll take the heat, but you you did some things wrong as well, but im not calling you out on anything to everyone here..except defend my actions look I wish you the best in your next adventure. I dont hold grudges, I dont stay mad, I dont do revenge. It's a silly game in the end.

Administrator

May someone please put a lock down on this thread. If we want to pretend that this is something other than a slanderous pissing match then we are all idiots. I'd have locked it the second it came up but I happen to be in this league so figured it would be a conflict of interest.

But seriously, crap like this thread is a huge negative for this community. You may think that you aren't doing any damage if you aren't directly name calling or singling anyone out with your post but it's not true. Sugar coat it all you want but do you think anyone really benefits from this "discussion" about "what not to do as a commissioner", in this thread? Come on, this is nothing more than a spat, that people are jumping on as an opportunity to vent, regardless of whether they think they are being constructive or not.

If you wanna lecture anyone of these guys on best conduct in fantasy league, then send them a PM. If you have an issue with someone, again send them a PM. If you really wanna discuss the cardinal rules of fantasy commissioning then start a new thread. Bottom line, keep this trash off the boards, this is Dobberhockey not Jerry Springer and not junior high.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    May someone please put a lock down on this thread. If we want to pretend that this is something other than a slanderous pissing match then we are all idiots. I'd have locked it the second it came up but I happen to be in this league so figured it would be a conflict of interest.

But seriously, crap like this thread is a huge negative for this community. You may think that you aren't doing any damage if you aren't directly name calling or singling anyone out with your post but it's not true. Sugar coat it all you want but do you think anyone really benefits from this "discussion" about "what not to do as a commissioner", in this thread? Come on, this is nothing more than a spat, that people are jumping on as an opportunity to vent, regardless of whether they think they are being constructive or not.

If you wanna lecture anyone of these guys on best conduct in fantasy league, then send them a PM. If you have an issue with someone, again send them a PM. If you really wanna discuss the cardinal rules of fantasy commissioning then start a new thread. Bottom line, keep this trash off the boards, this is Dobberhockey not Jerry Springer and not junior high.
    you wanna slam the folks pissing back and forth and name calling then by all means go ahead, but I really resent being lumped in with them because I share a little advice on what has been successful for me as a Commish. Last I checked a big part of these forums was for this kind of sharing of ideas and open discussion, so referring to that as 'trash' is as bad IMO as the crap you're railing about in your post.

Dobber Sports Pro

y'know , those bastards took the double cheeseburgers off the value menu at mcdonalds and replaced it with the bacon single cheesburger
    are you serious? thats BS... best deal in the fastfood busniess right there... atleast in canada
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)