Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: beware of your Commissioner!!

Banned

I don't know the specifics of the league and what may have transpired between this GM and the commish, it certainly sucks to have GMs who don't reply to trade requests or emails, etc... but I call MAJOR bullshit on kicking a guy out mid-season (especially if he's first overall!). For better or worse if a GM pays his dues on time he's in for the season, you cant kick him out mid stream just because you dont like how he's not 'active' enough for you, thats some bigtime bullshit IMO

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I dont see this as being a good reason to dump somebody:

Sometimes you just cant be as active day-to-day. Who cares if he posts on a message board? As long as his roster is set, thats what matters. It's also up to him to respond to trades if he feels like it.

And does a 1st place team really NEED to OFFER trades?
    Exactly, the only reason I can think for kicking a guy out midseason is if he's cheating (i.e. signed up with 2 teams or something)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    I dont see this as being a good reason to dump somebody:

Sometimes you just cant be as active day-to-day. Who cares if he posts on a message board? As long as his roster is set, thats what matters. It's also up to him to respond to trades if he feels like it.

And does a 1st place team really NEED to OFFER trades?
    Couldn't agree more. Posts and trades are made when they are needed. If you need them to make your league good.....you might need to re-think the purpose. I am in year 6 of a keeper league. Some guys make trads, some guys don't, some post some don't. All are valuable pieces. We have had a waiting list for our league since year 2. Nobody has left. We ended up starting a spin-off of the first league to include the others that were waiting.

Sometimes people talk to much........

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thumbs down Not on the Level

This is one of the weirdest threads I've read in my time here at Dobberhockey.

I've NEVER heard of a guy getting punted from a pool because he didn't spend enough time on the live chat and make enough trade offers.

There certainly should have been more communication from the commish to the allegedly not active enough owner. To kick out a guy who was in first place without warning would be disturbing if I were one of the other owners.

If you wanted a hyper-active hockey pool, then it should have been clear to any new owners exactly what was expected - how much time to spend in the live chat or a trade offer every week as a minimum.

It sounds like you are better off out of this pool. Take your entry fee back and count your blessings.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Ace

I think this thread has turned into a good example of how to NOT run a league...
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I agree with the consensus - 100% bullshit. If posting was a league stipulation you should have been told when you signed up.

I have only had a guy kicked out of a league once in the leagues I've been in. In my main league we have a rule that once a guy is off IR he must be moved to the main roster immediately (like within a day) or commish drops the guy from your team. Last year a guy was not doing anything at all, e.g. still had an IR'd Kariya and Sakic on his main roster, Gonchar was about to come off IR and since he wouldn't do nothing it meant that #1 waiver priority would get a free GONCHAR. I talked to commish about it and commish removed the owner.

Situation like that, or maybe if an owner is being ridiculously abusive to other owners (like beyond typical hockey pool trash talk), are the only times someone should be removed from a league.
    RANGERS SUCK

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting.

I would be pissed if I was punted out of ZFHL due to lack of trading, league chat, etc. because my team is is in building mode and I'm waiting to see what I have more than waiting to see what short-term high-cost piece I can acquire with what I have.

I'd say you're in luck for being out of that league. No need for that kind of stuff. I can see kicking a GM if he/she is away for too long and doesn't post lineups for a long time, but not 4 months in when the GM is active. That's not cool unless shady dealings were going down, and that doesn't look to be the case.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Expert

Does anyone of you know the whole story? We have heart one side of the story so far, and nowyou are all bashing the commissioner for being a bad Comish.

I don´t judge a person for a thing i don´t know everything about, you shouldn´t do either!!
    Last edited by lanky522; October 30, 2009 at 6:28 PM. Reason: removed personal reference

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, unless he fabricated the email, we do know the other guy's story...
    RANGERS SUCK

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KFV View Post
    Well, unless he fabricated the email, we do know the other guy's story...
    okay so answer my question: where there any emails before or after that? Was he warned? Is he really in first place? did he set his roster every day? Did he respond to trade offers? Were there any talks before he got replaced?

If you can answer all the question, feel free to complain about the comish!

I have learned that the truth almost lies in the middle, so i need to hear both sides to build an opinion.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis4022 View Post
    okay so answer my question: where there any emails before or after that? Was he warned? Is he really in first place? did he set his roster every day? Did he respond to trade offers? Were there any talks before he got replaced?

If you can answer all the question, feel free to complain about the comish!

I have learned that the truth almost lies in the middle, so i need to hear both sides to build an opinion.
    1. Judging from the text of the email (and the subject), there were clearly none before.
    2. It doesn't matter if there were any emails after.
    3. Once again, doesn't seem from the text like the guy was warned. Considering the commish felt he needed to justify himself, I'm sure he would've thrown in "you were warned" if it were true.
    4. Unless he's straight up lying, he was in first place. ben10 took over the team and he hasn't said the guy WASN'T in first place.
    5. Assuming he was in 1st place, who cares if he set his roster every day. He was clearly setting it enough to beat everyone else.
    6. Do trade offers have to be responded to? I think that's a pretty terrible reason to kick someone out.
    RANGERS SUCK

Dobber Sports Giant

Rgarrow,

now knowing the details of your league and your involvement in it, I want to say that I stand by my message that I sent earlier, however, in your case, you were totally screwed-over. In any case, being involved on a day-to-day basis does not mean making trades and writting up messages on the board (as NYR and McGoo stated earlier). Heck, if I had a guy trading away his whole team just to say he was active and thrash-talking on a daily basis in one of my pools, he would probably be the one I would boot!

Well the important thing is that you no longer need to be associated with a pool and a commish that don't follow an ethical and fair constitution. On top of that, you got your money back (Ohh man, I don't even want to imagine what the threads would be like if he would have stiffed you on your money!!!)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by KFV View Post
    1. Judging from the text of the email (and the subject), there were clearly none before.
    2. It doesn't matter if there were any emails after.
    3. Once again, doesn't seem from the text like the guy was warned. Considering the commish felt he needed to justify himself, I'm sure he would've thrown in "you were warned" if it were true.
    4. Unless he's straight up lying, he was in first place. ben10 took over the team and he hasn't said the guy WASN'T in first place.
    5. Assuming he was in 1st place, who cares if he set his roster every day. He was clearly setting it enough to beat everyone else.
    6. Do trade offers have to be responded to? I think that's a pretty terrible reason to kick someone out.

thanks that shows that you don´t know it. You are just speculating!

Just 3 small things. He hasn´t set his roster every day. He had guys on IR who weren´t injured anymore and he shared the first place of his division with 2 other teams and wasn´t first in the whole league.

These are the facts i know. Still a lot of unknown things, so once again, don´t bash a guy without knowing the whole story.
    As is don´t know it, i´m cautios with any comments.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Pretty terrible move. Basically "Hi, you are not making the league more fun although you are starting players every day and leading your division." Was there some rule going in that if the Commissioner doesn't think that you are "fun enough" he gets to boot you after you have a winning team and have paid your entry fee? Doubtful.

Also, this:

Quote Originally Posted by ben10rules View Post
    Lol- I took over your team. Not too bad I must say but it needs some work. Ive already rinsed out the farm club and am in the middle of trade talks with half the league. All in mere hours...
    Ridiculous.
    12 H2H Pts - Keep 17 + 8 Farm
    Points for: G,A,PPP,SHP,D Points,+/-,S,PIM,HIT,BLKS; Wins,SO,OTL,S,GA

C(3): Getzlaf,Lecavalier,Berglund,Granlund*
    RW(3): Perry,Wheeler,Franzen(LW),Hemsky,Little
    LW(3): Zetterberg(C),Marleau,Duchene(C),Clowe(RW)
    D (6): Seabrook,Kronwall,Zidlicky,Giordano,Faulk*,Diaz*,W ilson*
    G (2): Luongo,Smith,Neuvirth

Farm (<200 GP/<100 GP goalie):
    C: Kuznetsov,Hartikainen
    W: Paajarvi,Greening
    D: Kostka,Martinez,
    G: Bishop,Gibson,Johnson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

ahhhhh. Man I go offline for half a day and see this dirty laundry. Ok 2 sides to every story isnt there? Rgarrow I gave you the reasons for dismissal, you chose to fabricate things and change them around as to how you see fit. Im sorry you are mad about the situation at hand, and the reason for it. You may choose to make the posts here on dobber . As I said you were notified a few times about certain things and you chose to ignore them. I warned you about your constant lack of having your roster legal, multiple times, such as most recently Scheider on IR. You chose to disregard the league rules several times regarding this. You chose to ignore my emails about it, you chose to just play by your rules and do as you want. So yes, you were notified on several occasions.

I dont mind that you wanna use this site as a tool/ means to lash back at me. Guys can form their own opionons of me and can use this attack job as a way to judge me if they want, but all I can say is there are 2 sides to every story friends..2 sides!