Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: beware of your Commissioner!!

Dobber Sports Newbie

Thumbs down beware of your Commissioner!!

got the following email:

----- Original Message -----
    To: me
    Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 12:30 PM
    Subject: Leagues

Randy after observing how things are going in the first several weeks of the league here, I have decided to make a switch in ownership as im looking for really active guys in my leagues, that make posts, interact and help make the league a fun league to be part of. As you didnt do anything wrong, but more so just dont fit well with what we're looking for here. It's nothing personal at all. Anyway, I am sending you a refund for the leagues.

-----

if he does it to me he will do it to you BEWARE!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by lanky522; October 30, 2009 at 6:25 PM. Reason: removed personal information

Dobber Sports Sage

Lol- I took over your team. Not too bad I must say but it needs some work. Ive already rinsed out the farm club and am in the middle of trade talks with half the league. All in mere hours...

Thats not changing the rules btw. Thats just keeping his league alive and breathing. The league is great and the GMs are too. All because of a great league commissioner. The only way I can see the guy giving one of his GMs the boot is if the guy didn't check the site on a daily basis. This thread is uncalled for.
    Last edited by VintageVibe; October 29, 2009 at 7:29 PM.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Giant

Well that is still a bit harsh... I mean the guy could have gotten a warning or something?!
    Nevertheless, I agree that a commish must act in the best interest of the league and if that mean removing an inactive manager early on to replace him before the season is too far in, than that's what he must do.
    No offense Rgarrow, I have no idea what type of manager (active or not) you were or how this league operates, but I'm just stating what I would do in a sticky situation...
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default thats the joke

I was on every day & my teams are in first place in there div. bwtf now you have all been warned
    Last edited by rgarrow; October 29, 2009 at 8:06 PM.

Dobber Sports Sage

Sometimes its not about being on everyday but making your presence known everyday by offering trades, posting on the message board, talking on the live chat, etc..
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

while i agree with both sides, i believe the commisioner has to atleast give one warning before dismissal.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Wow. I have never heard of something like this. Totally uncalled for in my opinion whether you were active or not.

This post is definitely relevant. I would be steamed if this happened to me (but never would since I am one of the most active GMs in the league).

We have about 8 or so guys in our pool that rarely contribute other than in our Fall Draft and as commissioner I would never even consider removing them.....

Very touchy situation.

Dobber Sports Genius

Let me get this straight, your team was in first place and dickbreath gave you that email booting you from the league???!!!!!!! That is bullsh#t!! Active or not active that is ridiculous. Thanks for the warning.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I love the Vancouver Canucks
    Last edited by Narayan; October 30, 2009 at 4:19 PM. Reason: because I'm he's a idiot
    The NHL should go back to being the NHL. If we want all these ***** rule changes then why not call in the European Hockey League. Monster hits and fighting are a huge part of hockey and it should be kept that way.

Dobber Sports Ace

If you were indeed in first place, I call bullshit too. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have a similar situation in my football pool. I have a good team, contending (tied for first) with some underachievers that I am not willing to sell low on. So why do I have to wheel and deal? I love to do it (I am the most active in my hockey pools) but I also love to win which is another reason we play.
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Me thinks this thread has 4 more posts before Dobber locks it. It's going nowhere.

Dobber Sports Ace

Then let me get one of those... LOL
    10 Team Salary Cap Keeper League-protect up to 15
    Total of points and +/-; position vs. position (ie. my 2 Centres vs. his 2 Centres)
    C -Crosby, Ribeiro, Strome, Granlund
    LW -Neal, Nyquist, Johansson, TBD
    RW -Coyle, Eberle, TBD, TBD
    D -Streit, Phaneuf, Green, Keith, Letang, TBD
    G -S. Mason, TBD

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ben10rules View Post
    Lol- I took over your team. Not too bad I must say but it needs some work. Ive already rinsed out the farm club and am in the middle of trade talks with half the league. All in mere hours...
    I can't believe you posted this......

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I dont see this as being a good reason to dump somebody:

Quote Originally Posted by ben10rules View Post
    Sometimes its not about being on everyday but making your presence known everyday by offering trades, posting on the message board, talking on the live chat, etc..

Sometimes you just cant be as active day-to-day. Who cares if he posts on a message board? As long as his roster is set, thats what matters. It's also up to him to respond to trades if he feels like it.

And does a 1st place team really NEED to OFFER trades?
    Last edited by NYR9394; October 29, 2009 at 11:37 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Canucks RULE!
    Last edited by Narayan; October 30, 2009 at 4:20 PM.
    The NHL should go back to being the NHL. If we want all these ***** rule changes then why not call in the European Hockey League. Monster hits and fighting are a huge part of hockey and it should be kept that way.